Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you find Facebook boring?
I just don't get it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I don't even have a Facebook account, so I guess the answer is yes Smile
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
no, I'm a facebook addict lol.
As soon as you say, "social network," you've lost me. I'm as anti-social as they come. :mad:
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
its boring for me to post, but not boring to read other people's posts

I have friends who moved away years ago
last time I saw them their kids were 3 years old and one year old
now I look on facebook and see pics of them getting ready to start school
that's pretty cool

I have another friend who's a teacher and went on a missions trip to haiti last summer
she posted pics and stories daily
that was pretty cool

I have a friend who's an artist and recently got picked up by an independent comic book company and got his "graphic novel" published
he posted the surprise info on facebook and we all went to one of those small, independent bookstores on release day and picked up a copy
that was pretty cool

I have a friend who I haven't seen in years because she moved from new york city to los angeles
then one day I'm watching a tv comedy "The Middle", and ...
HOLY CRAP !
Is that ? !
It is !
She got a bit part on the show !
So I looked her up on face book and congratulated her.
That was pretty cool.

I like facebook

but I don't follow people I don't know.
I think neil degrasse tyson is really interesting, but I have no idea if he has a facebook account
I don't know him personnaly, so why should I care ?
I really don't get people who have 700 friends and follow people they don't even know

I've cut friends off because I got DAILY updates about some stupid game they were playing and how they achieved a "new high score!"

but yeah, over all, facebook is pretty cool
I have a facebook account but it is not easy to find. I only friend people I know. I glimpse at it once or twice a month to catch up on some friends and family. I think I have only commented on anything three or four times. For the most part I don't understand why anyone would want the whole world to know everything about their life. It is mostly boring, but even though I am adding contacts and trying to get endorsed I find Linked in even more boring. I use it only because I am looking for a job.

I am old fashion I still write letters and cards and Call people I don't like having conversations in text on the phone.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I had an account a couple years ago - I assume it's still there - that I opened and added friends that had been harassing me to get an account for too long, but after that day, I never logged in again. I find my friends interesting and fun to be around in real-world exposure context, but when I saw the "exciting and fun" material they swore I would love was what I can only describe as oversharing, I dropped the account. There are very few people in this world I find interesting enough to care what they eat for every meal, much less all the other nonsense that is posted. And the passive aggressive cattiness? Thanks anyway.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
I don't like Facebook. It has a few legitimate uses, sure, but I hate the way it commercializes human interaction, and its tendency to cannibalize other, better-run sites just because it's big and popular. Worst of all, Facebook seems to lower youthful inhibitions, providing the perfect incubator of terrible attitudes and a permanent, public memorial of youthful indiscretions.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
Who needs a facebook - I've got DegreeForum.net!!!!!!!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I don't understand having several hundred friends either. You can't possibly really know and talk to those people all the time. Here is what my friends, family, and coworkers mostly post:

1. Hundreds of pictures and videos of their children. People feel obligated to like those posts because they're children. Some of the children are cute and some not so much.
2. Complaints about work.
3. Going to the gym.
4. Look at a picture of what I'm eating.
5. I love my mom, dad, kids, husband, wife, etc. We already know. We don't need to hear it once a week.
6. Attempts at giving advice for dealing with bad friends, haters, and relationship issues.
7. Funny pictures that are being shared around the internet.
8. What kind of music they are listening to at the moment.
9. Interesting news stories. I actually find some of these interesting, but my less intellectual friends don't. They'd rather hear people complain or talk about a small triumph such as losing 5 lbs or getting your GED. (Those things are great, but they are still boring.)
10. Invites to play those stupid games.

I do prefer forums such as this where you can have deeper discussions. I never understood why Facebook became more popular than MySpace. I attribute it to people being fickle and jumping on the bandwagon. There were several things I enjoyed about MySpace:

1. Ability to customize the background of your page. Facebook is just plain dull and ugly.
2. Ability to customize your page with a song and playlist.
3. You could easily go to an artist's page and listen to his or her music.
4. A fairly active classifieds section where you could look for various items to purchase, jobs, gigs, etc.
5. Groups that functioned like forums. Facebook groups are stupid.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Facebook A.k.a Meta Set a Record With Nearly $240 Billion Lost in One Day! LevelUP 0 519 02-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Facebook Remote Jobs Dorothy44 0 698 06-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Facebook-backed Unacademy acquires PrepLadder for $50 Million bjcheung77 1 749 08-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Kab
  InstantCert and Facebook keithk 2 954 08-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  same annoying friends keep reappearing on Facebook skybirds 4 1,395 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Last Post: CLEP101
  FACEBOOK Group: Ways to earn cheap college credit peace123 14 3,538 04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Last Post: doghouse42
  Facebook pcs 15 2,358 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Last Post: nj593
  IC on Facebook? cookderosa 13 2,241 12-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Anyone know where I can find a good Kiwi? Basket Weaver 4 1,680 07-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Lydia
  Where do mentors go to find openings? Lindagerr 7 1,408 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy