Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Any one have PUG - AWS certificate screenshots from the last month
I'm freaking out. I'm mid-enrollment and am basing everything off getting credit for that AWS cert. I called my advisor and am waiting to hear back. I can't believe they pulled that crap!!
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
ClockworkHammer Wrote:I'm freaking out. I'm mid-enrollment and am basing everything off getting credit for that AWS cert. I called my advisor and am waiting to hear back. I can't believe they pulled that crap!!

Do you already have the AWS Cert? If you're already enrolled, it should be using the current catalog info before the change. Make sure by asking your advisor. In fact, get them to review and add that into your academic notes if they can. You might want to PM the board member who got the 67 credits applied, ask them for their academic advisor info and see if he/she can assist... Also, get that screenshot from the "way back machine" and the link so your advisor is aware of those credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-08-2021, 12:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
ClockworkHammer Wrote:I'm freaking out. I'm mid-enrollment and am basing everything off getting credit for that AWS cert. I called my advisor and am waiting to hear back. I can't believe they pulled that crap!!

Do you already have the AWS Cert?  If you're already enrolled, it should be using the current catalog info before the change.  Make sure by asking your advisor.  In fact, get them to review and add that into your academic notes if they can.  You might want to PM the board member who got the 67 credits applied, ask them for their academic advisor info and see if he/she can assist...  Also, get that screenshot from the "way back machine" and the link so your advisor is aware of those credits.

I'm checking with my advisor. I'm sitting the AWS exam on Dec 3. I'm in the enrollment process, but it's not complete. I was trying to follow the advice on this board of not enrolling until all the alt credits and certs are done. We'll see what my advisor says, I sent him the screenshot of the old AWS equivalents.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses

Do you already have the AWS Cert?  If you're already enrolled, it should be using the current catalog info before the change.  Make sure by asking your advisor.  In fact, get them to review and add that into your academic notes if they can.  You might want to PM the board member who got the 67 credits applied, ask them for their academic advisor info and see if he/she can assist...  Also, get that screenshot from the "way back machine" and the link so your advisor is aware of those credits.

The catalog shows the degree plan, which won't change once you're enrolled.  What schools award is just a policy that can change whenever.

Until you get credits locked in, you're at the mercy of the policy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
The advice to not enroll really depends on the school. For a competency-based degree like PUG or UMPI, it makes sense. Especially with UMPI, where you cannot transfer in further credits later without permission.

Same with COSC where you are charged semester fees or EC where you might be charged yearly fees for not finishing.

But, if you can afford those fees, it usually makes more sense now to enroll ASAP due to the frequent degree requirement changes that have been happening lately. Again, advice doesn't apply to competency-based degrees but is noted here so that people don't think that enrolling (or not enrolling) is automatically the best option for everyone.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-08-2021, 12:50 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote:

I'm checking with my advisor. I'm sitting the AWS exam on Dec 3. I'm in the enrollment process, but it's not complete. I was trying to follow the advice on this board of not enrolling until all the alt credits and certs are done. We'll see what my advisor says, I sent him the screenshot of the old AWS equivalents.

I don't think everyone on here says don't enroll until all certs and credits are done for every school.  In fact, I think it mostly applied to UMPI, WGU, and COSC at this point (UMPI makes you get future outside credits approved, WGU won't accept any outside credits at all once you're enrolled, and COSC charges a per-term fee which could add up if you haven't gotten all of your credits).

If you not only haven't yet enrolled, but haven't even sat for the exam, my guess is you're going to be out of luck.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ClockworkHammer, Pikachu, ss20ts
Thanks all. I will let you know what the advisor says.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
(11-08-2021, 01:18 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote: Thanks all. I will let you know what the advisor says.

Based on your post for PHP, this AWS cert doesn't really apply to the BSIT degree anyway - the Cloud degree is where you'd get all of those credits (the ones required for the major).  For the regular BSIT degree, you're really better off taking different certs, even before they changed how they accepted the AWS cert.
(11-08-2021, 01:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 01:18 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote: Thanks all. I will let you know what the advisor says.

Based on your post for PHP, this AWS cert doesn't really apply to the BSIT degree anyway - the Cloud degree is where you'd get all of those credits (the ones required for the major).  For the regular BSIT degree, you're really better off taking different certs, even before they changed how they accepted the AWS cert.

ClockworkHammer wants to do the Cloud degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
BSIT is my backup plan!
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paralegal certificate lumina 3 803 02-04-2023, 03:45 AM
Last Post: xianbd
  15 Month CD's at 4.40% APY. Anyone Getting In? LevelUP 4 545 11-26-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Certificate vs Certification sanantone 19 1,655 10-20-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  I Live In an 80 Sqft Apartment for $385/Month in Downtown Manhattan! LevelUP 17 1,751 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Why This Month Is The Most Important! Kal Di 3 719 02-18-2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  HP Instant Ink Program - May change next month bjcheung77 0 737 10-19-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  $19 Certificate burbuja0512 28 6,495 09-22-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate: Possibly Free eriehiker 1 1,696 02-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  For those that haven't seen the FEMA PDS certificate brothert69 12 4,965 06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Presenting a 9-month BS on a resume? JanusthePhoenix 6 1,678 10-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy