Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Done" but not finished.
So today my TESU Associates and Bachelors degrees showed up in the mail. I have been waiting for them to arrive before I posted this mostly because I kinda still don't believe it, and partly because I was still expecting them to call and say "hey, we were looking at your capstone paper again, and you used a comma where there should have been a semi-colon. Sorry but we can't let that slide so you will need to repeat the course, actually we feel it best that you just start your degree over with zero credits." Honestly I have had kind of a hard time celebrating because I feel it is so overdue (having the degree.) Maybe now that my diplomas are here it will start to sink in. It has been said many times but truly, I could have never done it without this forum. I still remember the night I stumbled onto this forum while looking for information about possibly taking a clep or two in order to accelerate. Well its safe to say I found the information about the cleps and a whole lot more! I remember staying up the whole night frantically reading posts and trying to wrap my head around the fact that I would be able to pursue my degree AND work at the same time. I won't list them all but I counted 14 credit sources in my transcripts, most of which I discovered on this forum. One thing I do want to add is that I am thankful for people sharing small bits of information and asking questions out loud and then following up with answers. Nothing is worse than reading 3 pages of comments on the exact problem you have only to not have the OP not give follow-up information on how things got resolved.

I am cleared to start my MBA at WGU on the first of the month which is the reason for the title of this post. It is cool just to think "yep, i'm in an MBA program" I have been impressing myself this week with these types of thoughts. Soon I am sure to be thinking, "crap, I'm in an MBA program."

Thanks again to everyone who helped me along the way, I am finally "done-ish"
I know that feeling! I have to say, I still feel like i may have imagined this journey sometimes. Good luck on your MBA with WGU, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

It's ok to get excited! I felt kind of odd being excited about getting my degree when I'm surrounded by peers who have had theirs for almost a decade, but it's not about them! You have a right to be excited, it's no easy path. The method we use to get a degree is significantly harder than sitting in a class imho. I've found in my graduate studies the ability to self-learn and self-direct are worth more than a million butt in seat credits.

I look forward to hearing about how you progress in your academic career and I'm excited with you!
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:I know that feeling! I have to say, I still feel like i may have imagined this journey sometimes. Good luck on your MBA with WGU, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

It's ok to get excited! I felt kind of odd being excited about getting my degree when I'm surrounded by peers who have had theirs for almost a decade, but it's not about them! You have a right to be excited, it's no easy path. The method we use to get a degree is significantly harder than sitting in a class imho. I've found in my graduate studies the ability to self-learn and self-direct are worth more than a million butt in seat credits.

I look forward to hearing about how you progress in your academic career and I'm excited with you!

I have followed your journey as well, I swear I should have a degree in stalking because I feel like a bit of a lurker on this board. I may do a blog or thread on my studies and who knows maybe inspire someone like you have. Hope the PhD is going well for you.
Congrats! :hurray:
Many congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts... I totally get it. Good luck on your next step!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Congratulations! And best wishes at WGU!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Test-o-matic Wrote:So today my TESU Associates and Bachelors degrees showed up in the mail. I have been waiting for them to arrive before I posted this mostly because I kinda still don't believe it, and partly because I was still expecting them to call and say "hey, we were looking at your capstone paper again, and you used a comma where there should have been a semi-colon. Sorry but we can't let that slide so you will need to repeat the course, actually we feel it best that you just start your degree over with zero credits." Honestly I have had kind of a hard time celebrating because I feel it is so overdue (having the degree.) Maybe now that my diplomas are here it will start to sink in. It has been said many times but truly, I could have never done it without this forum. I still remember the night I stumbled onto this forum while looking for information about possibly taking a clep or two in order to accelerate. Well its safe to say I found the information about the cleps and a whole lot more! I remember staying up the whole night frantically reading posts and trying to wrap my head around the fact that I would be able to pursue my degree AND work at the same time. I won't list them all but I counted 14 credit sources in my transcripts, most of which I discovered on this forum. One thing I do want to add is that I am thankful for people sharing small bits of information and asking questions out loud and then following up with answers. Nothing is worse than reading 3 pages of comments on the exact problem you have only to not have the OP not give follow-up information on how things got resolved.

I am cleared to start my MBA at WGU on the first of the month which is the reason for the title of this post. It is cool just to think "yep, i'm in an MBA program" I have been impressing myself this week with these types of thoughts. Soon I am sure to be thinking, "crap, I'm in an MBA program."

Thanks again to everyone who helped me along the way, I am finally "done-ish"

Yeah!! And congratulations!!! Yep, you're in an MBA program. Knock em dead.
Test-o-matic Wrote:I have followed your journey as well, I swear I should have a degree in stalking because I feel like a bit of a lurker on this board. I may do a blog or thread on my studies and who knows maybe inspire someone like you have. Hope the PhD is going well for you.

A degree in stalking! YES! hilarious
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Congrats! cheersmate
Congratulations! Great stuff ahead! cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,223 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,536 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate sweetcrabhoney 9 1,855 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Finished my first class in years! ms_butterfly 6 1,122 09-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finished...Thank you! DeanLewis 15 2,972 08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Last Post: sofinel
  Finished -- thank you! a2jc4life 10 2,905 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  I have finished all but some of the tests on Study.com Ancapman 8 2,917 12-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Ancapman
  Finished my BA in Liberal Studies through TESC. Motivation! shanekarp 12 2,101 12-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Westerner
  Just finished Straighterlines United States History Ace_King 18 3,071 04-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Devanna
  Phew- finished with ALEKS. geissingert 8 1,692 01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: geissingert