Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ENEB courses: Let’s discuss the classwork
Not to grave dig but I find that a lot of the course-based discussion tends to be drowned out by the discussion of ENEB as an institution on the master thread.

I failed an HR assignment a while back. I was pretty surprised, but anyways, based on their feedback, I learnt:
  • 8 pages is the minimum, even if you tackle their questions directly (not including appendix, bibliography, cover pages)
  • Graphics and diagrams are strongly recommended. Some other commenters have pointed out that smart art highlighting key points and high-level considerations is a good way of incorporating this.
  • 10 sources should be consulted, preferably academic papers and case studies for most subjects (i.e., NLP, where a large body of academic research is available)

(06-29-2021, 09:22 AM)Flelm Wrote: Here I am again, after swearing that I wouldn't post on ENEB again. (Although I am definitely done talking about their merits, I'll only stick to the actual courses).

I went through all the MBA and Master of Project Management Final Projects and categorized them on my estimations of effort on a scale of 1-3 (three being highest), based solely on my readings of the requirements.

Code:
Course                             Program        Est. Effort    Est. Hours Req.
======                             =======        ===========    ===============
International Trade                MBA                 3            21
Project Planning                   PM                  3            21
Project Quality                    PM                  3            21
International Accounting           MBA                 2            14
Supply Chain Management            MBA                 2            14
Management of International        MBA                 2            14
   Financial Services
International Corporate Tax        MBA                 2            14
Project Funding                    PM                  2            14
Process Integration and            PM                  2            14
   PMP Certification    
Legal Business Environment         MBA                 1            7
Strategic Management               Both                3            21
Personnel Management &             Both                3            21
    Org. Behavior
NLP                                Both                3            21
Marketing                          Both                3            21
Executive Coaching                 Both                2            14
Corporate Social Responsibility    Both                2            14
Financial Management               Both                1            7

Master PM Total Hrs    189
   MBA Total Hrs          203
   Both Together          273

I am estimating 6-8 hours per level of difficulty for the final project only. I am not including any readings or other study time in this, this is just my estimate of the final project time. YMMV, as well as what you think is difficult/time-consuming versus what I do. This is the order I'm planning on doing the courses in, so if people are interested I'll update with my actual times taken as I work through the courses. I'm also interested in anyone who's taken these, how far off they think I might be.

I personally found that the accounting assignments, short of legal business environment, were the most difficult and time-consuming. The lack of English language materials for Spanish accounting and bureaucracy was incredibly alienating. @ashkir pointed that for one of the accounting assignments, the links didn't work due to an update in the Spanish tax agency's website, and a year later, they've yet to fix the links within the workbook, so there was a ton of difficult and time-consuming independent research involved to fill in the gaps for that. Even legal business environment involved drafting obscure legal documents for which English documentation was non-existent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JPN's post:
  • Kalas
I had probably a good 30 - 35 hours into Supply Chain Management, and the same with Strategic Management, which was the first course I took. I hadn't written a paper like that since 1995. Big confidence boost when it came back 10 out of 10. Marketing, I put a good 30 - 35 hours into that as well. How surreal my oldest son, Business and Marketing Major himself, critiqued my paper...guess that was my ROI on college for him Wink. I write a lot of reports for my work, so I have approached the projects in much the same way. I've developed a style--a mental template of sorts and will plug in various components around the requested work to enhance the points to be made or development requested.

The rest of the MBA courses were probably an average range around 20, 22 to 25 hours. I kept the Accounting ones very formula-based and took pictures of the handwritten working notes showing my work as an APPENDIX in the papers. I found my groove and knew where to add the tables and graphs, appendix and analysis like SWOT or Porter's or PEST Analysis. Creativity with my study and projects were enjoyable to me and I truly applied myself to look at all I could from a global perspective. Very little have I chosen American options in the projects when given the choice to do so. But, that is just me. The beauty of this is we have a huge amount of academic latitude with ENEB and what you put in is what you can leverage as learning yield.

Look at the class examples posted on this forum or what's available on the net for ideas, but do not plagiarize, as they will know and, so will you. I'm always glad to help a fellow student and take a look over papers if you have questions. I'm still studying and learning, too. DM me and attach your paper if you'd like. Currently studying Hotel/Hospitality Management, then onto Supply Chain and will finish with Project Management. As a certified Project Director I've asked what courses they may let me out of in lieu of the certification--that's the only degree program I've asked for potential evaluation and possibility of auditing courses. We shall see.
Still very much frustrated I will never be able to work for the Spanish Government.

Universidad Isabel I/ENEB, 22/23:  You Pick!
[-] The following 2 users Like BadSquirrelBeta's post:
  • JPN, StoicJ
So, wanted to also update on the reconsideration requests for 2 grades--a 9 and a 9.75.

I updated both and sent the following emails with this language asking for reconsideration:

Attached please find the Revised Final Project for the following student:
Final Project Submission Revised - Checking In - RE: 14012023_REVISEDInternational Financial Management_NAME

Training Programs:
Master in International Trade (Section 3)
Master in Human Resources Management (Section 6)
Master in Management and Team Management (Section 8)

Hello,

I have taken initiative to revise the attached Final Project in light of the recommendation provided by the Final Grade Report, in the email below.

If allowable, and should the respective schedule of the ENEB Accounting Department permit, if I may request a review of the revised project, Question #3, it would be most appreciated.  After reviewing my calculations and editing suggested further deductions to the Final Project I have most certainly been reinforced in my learning.

Some feedback, I had asked for a tutor to contact me in response to the grade report in September 2022, which I never did receive follow up communication--that is also evidenced in the email below.

Thank you for your time to read and consider this message, as well as thank you in advance should the Review on Question #3 could be performed.

Resubmit for review of Question #3 with the Rationale being:

Question #3.
REVISED 14 JANUARY 2023
A year and a half after being hired, the administrative officer requests a period of leave of six months due to personal reasons.
Make the severance taking into account that:
- The leave is granted from July 25th
- The worker has 10 days of vacation pending.
- During the month of July he made a total of 6 overtime hours…specify the conditions of the periods of leave in Spain and compare them with the terms of one of the countries studied; UK, United States or Canada (you can choose the country you want).”

Development for Question #3, is as follows, calculations are revised as of 14 January 2023:

REVISION RATIONALE:
The first half of the accounting submitted appears to be the desired answer, which, this Student did arrive at and reflect in both initial submission of the Final Project and the Working Notes, referenced under Appendix C (Working Note page on Left).

The further submissions calculated of anticipated further deductions appear to be the next steps where Student chose to expand upon that area where ENEB grader deducted a full point for each section of the final grading rubric Student respectfully asks for reconsideration, as the assumed and desired answer of this question was, in fact, calculated and provided. Student has removed the follow-on calculations for the additional deductions and calculations of the Common Contingencies, Unemployment, and Professional Training. Furthermore, Figure 1 below also notes a Green Arrow (left note) to proceed with the first calculations of Gross Pay and a Red Unequal Symbol (right note) to disregard the follow on calculations resulting in Net Pay.

o: Management Department <management@eneb.com>
Subject: Final Project Submission REVISED-13012023_REVISEDNegotiationTechniques_NAME

Hello,

I have taken initiative to revise the attached Final Project in light of the recommendation provided by the attached Final Grade Report, attached. 

If allowable, and should the respective schedule of the ENEB Management Department permit, if I may request a review of the revised project it would be most appreciated.  I have made the suggested changes and agree with the grader of my first project offering the Final Project would certainly be enhanced by additional material, primarily visual materials.   After adding these additional items to the Final Project I also agree with the evaluator, as I learned much more through researching the best Figures/Graphics for the program. 

Thank you for your time to read and consider this message, as well as thank you in advance should the Review could be performed.

Attached please find the Revised Final Project for the following student:
  • Final Project Submission - 13012023_REVISEDNegotiationTechniques_NAME
[size=undefined]Training program: [/size]
  • Master in International Trade (Section 5)
  • Master in Management and Team Management (Section 8)
Still very much frustrated I will never be able to work for the Spanish Government.

Universidad Isabel I/ENEB, 22/23:  You Pick!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,758 552,496 8 minutes ago
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,490 4 hours ago
Last Post: ashkir
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 437 04-23-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,109 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 169 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,315 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 15,343 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 582 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
  WES Canada recognizes ENEB/Isabel smartdegree 79 21,303 03-03-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: ecdw94
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 897 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer