Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy TECEPs to start with
What are the easiest TECEPs one can take to fulfill 8 class requirements and also meet Business Administration either Operations or General management degree?

Thanks.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
I've been aggregating lists of teceps and other tests from order of difficulty.

Quote:Least difficult TECEPS

Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107-TE)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE)
Technical Writing (ENG-201-TE)

Quote: I took Sales Management, Advertising, Public Relations and Strategic Management and found them all quite easy. The first three are all multiple-choice, which is great if you take more than 1 exam in a day. (hands don't get tired and you can finish fast) Strategic Management requires some original thinking, but I don't think you need to have really deep answers for the written sections.

There are flashcards for Operations Management, Strategic Management, and Public Relations: Thought and Practice.

Quote:- Marketing Communications (MAR-321-TE) <-- reputation for being easily doable
- Sales Management (MAR-322-TE) <-- reputation for being easily doable
- Advertising (MAR-323-TE) <-- reputation for being easily doable
- Operations Management (OPM-301-TE) <-- reputation for being difficult
- Public Relations Thought & Practice (COM-210-TE) <-- reputation for being easily doable

A good google search with the parameter site:degreeforum.net will net you many results, but most are older posts. Anyone who has experience can chime in.
These are the ones I took and my 2 cents:

Marketing Communications - mid level difficulty; study the texts. Promo is hands-down the coolest looking textbook I've ever seen.
Science of Nutrition - passable but harder than I thought it would be (I had a decade old degree in nutrition and didn't study but passed)
English Comp II - easy if you wrote papers in high school
Operations Management - hard (shoulda been a slam dunk for me with my background in Operations. studied for a week and passed but this was the most difficult TECEP I took)
Public Relations Thought and Practice - easy but the textbook is boring! (shouldn't a PR text be fun?)
Business in Society - easy but longer to take because reading the situation-type questions and the paragraph long answers is time consuming (test might be difficult if the student is a morally bereft jerk but common sense for everyone else)
Management Communications - easy
Strategic Management -difficult-ish .... memorize. every. list. all of them from the textbook and be prepared to reproduce them, explain them and give examples. Its not as challenging as Operations Management but I used most of the test time typing answers and I usually finish pretty quick.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
The only one I took was Environmental Ethics. You pretty much had to have gone through the Saylor course or some other comprehensive study routine. There were questions about who said what about one theory or another. Unless you studied them specifically, you'd be guessing. The essays were easy enough, but required similar kinds of context. The only reason I mention this one is because a lot of people need ethics credits. I don't know how hard the other paths for ethics are, but I've got to think they're easier than this. The Test Description is pretty spot on.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Managerial Communications seems easier.
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
Applied Math has GOT to be the easiest test possible, EVER. Lots of questions on percentage and other common-sense everyday math that you actually use in real life. If you do Intermediate Algebra through ALEKS, you should be able to ace this test (there are algebra questions) - it was really easy for me because I had recently done them (homeschooling both my kids who are in Prealgebra and Algebra I right now). The textbook sucks, I wouldn't waste my time with it. Really hard to follow, very wordy, questions did not have clear instructions on how to figure out the problems. I got through chapters 1 & 2, and just thought "well, I guess I'll fail this one", that's how bad it was. Gave up on the studying entirely. Took the test about 4 weeks later and scored 90%.

Tech Writing was easy, required no studying - but I thought it was rather vague, which made it more difficult than it had to be. But still easy. 84% with minimal time thinking about it.

English Comp II was ok, not easy, but not hard. No studying required. One thing that sucked - they required answers that were a range of words in length (i.e. "75-100 words" or "at least 300 words"), but then did not have a word counter!!! I seriously wasted valuable time counting words, adding or subtracting things, then going back and recounting! Made me mad. I got the handbook they suggested from my local library, read a few things based on the exam description, put sticky-notes on the pages I thought I'd need (it's open book), and then set it aside until I took the exam. Got 79% with maybe 15 minutes of "study" time. You are allowed a blank sheet of paper, and I only used it to write my word counts on. Oh, and copy each thing you write so that you can paste it into the next section if you need it. At one point, I wrote a quick thesis, went to the next section, and then it said to expound on what I just wrote! But you can't go back to see what you wrote!! Seriously crappy setup for a test.

Public Relations and Managerial Accounting are next up for me, with Feb 28 deadline.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi,

I am currently enrolled in Aleks Intermediate Algebra and hating it; I just find it really hard to work on...Anyway, do you know I could take the Applied LibArts Math Tecep instead of finishing the Aleks program? Thank you in advance for your help!

-Devon
futureusprez` Wrote:Hi,

I am currently enrolled in Aleks Intermediate Algebra and hating it; I just find it really hard to work on...Anyway, do you know I could take the Applied LibArts Math Tecep instead of finishing the Aleks program? Thank you in advance for your help!

-Devon

Depends on your degree requirements. BSBAs usually require College Algebra or higher, BAs in the social sciences (Sociology, Social Sciences, Psychology, History) may accept the Liberal Arts Math TECEP, BSASTs usually require Calculus 1 & 2.
futureusprez` Wrote:Hi,

-Devon

If you degree does not require a higher math, then yes, TESU will accept it. BUT, there is plenty of algebra on the test (probably more than 50% of it), so if you're struggling with Intermediate Algebra, you may struggle with Applied Math as well. I would at least get through Beginning Algebra on ALEKS or Basic Algebra on KhanAcademy before attempting this TECEP. Neither will get you credit, but they will help you pass this test.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:If you degree does not require a higher math, then yes, TESU will accept it. BUT, there is plenty of algebra on the test (probably more than 50% of it), so if you're struggling with Intermediate Algebra, you may struggle with Applied Math as well. I would at least get through Beginning Algebra on ALEKS or Basic Algebra on KhanAcademy before attempting this TECEP. Neither will get you credit, but they will help you pass this test.

Do you guys know if the ACE credit for Intermediate Algebra (ALEKS) is a duplicate of the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP? In other words, can I get credit for both?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,025 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,490 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  Three new TECEPs added Ideas 0 1,456 06-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,462 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about TECEPs xjarhead1999 2 1,118 06-11-2018, 06:34 PM
  Easy TESU class? sarg123 19 4,654 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Looking for Help with my TESU start Dacowta 1 904 02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
  Start of my Journey. oniflednitsua 5 1,310 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM
  Literal First Step? BS@TESU I just need to start find myself procrastinating. David.Hamad 8 2,345 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Are TECEPs only for TESU students? clep3705 5 2,292 08-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Last Post: passit1