Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4credit
My daughter is taking a course (Film Appreciation) with Ed4credit. The material is easy to follow and straightforward. No surprises or tricky questions. You do need a 50% on the final and an overall 70% cumulative score to pass the course. The syllabus fails to mention the 50 % on the final . Unlike STRAIGHTERLINE courses, even if you accumulate the right amount of points you still need a 50 percent on the proctored final. Just a head's up if anyone is interested in their courses. I believe they have to make that more clear in the syllabus. I am glad I asked them otherwise my daughter could've failed to prepare appropriately. Other than that, the course has been great and easy, especially if you are a movie watcher and you are familiar with different movies. I will consider having my daughter try more of their courses. I do like that you have 4 months to complete it. Final is open notes.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:My daughter is taking a course (Film Appreciation) with Ed4credit. The material is easy to follow and straightforward. No surprises or tricky questions. You do need a 50% on the final and an overall 70% cumulative score to pass the course. The syllabus fails to mention the 50 % on the final . Unlike STRAIGHTERLINE courses, even if you accumulate the right amount of points you still need a 50 percent on the proctored final. Just a head's up if anyone is interested in their courses. I believe they have to make that more clear in the syllabus. I am glad I asked them otherwise my daughter could've failed to prepare appropriately. Other than that, the course has been great and easy, especially if you are a movie watcher and you are familiar with different movies. I will consider having my daughter try more of their courses. I do like that you have 4 months to complete it. Final is open notes.

Ughhh. That's kind of a bummer, but I'm glad it's working otherwise. I think they shared that about the exams, but for some reason I thought they had it written in that you had to pass each quiz with a certain percent as you went through?
cookderosa Wrote:Ughhh. That's kind of a bummer, but I'm glad it's working otherwise. I think they shared that about the exams, but for some reason I thought they had it written in that you had to pass each quiz with a certain percent as you went through?
You have 3 attempts to get your highest score in each chapter module exam and a CUMMULATIVE score of 70 percent. You also need 50 percent on proctored final and it's open notes but that part is missing from the syllabus.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:You have 3 attempts to get your highest score in each chapter module exam and a CUMMULATIVE score of 70 percent. You also need 50 percent on proctored final and it's open notes but that part is missing from the syllabus.

The Ed4Credit rep here had originally stated the notes had to be handwritten, but then they said my son could use typed notes after I expressed he has issues with writing. I wish there would be a formal update on this rule prior to our scheduling his final with ProctorU.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:The Ed4Credit rep here had originally stated the notes had to be handwritten, but then they said my son could use typed notes after I expressed he has issues with writing. I wish there would be a formal update on this rule prior to our scheduling his final with ProctorU.

Typed notes would be better for my daughter too. She just prefers typing. Maybe they will allow it in a case by case basis. You can contact them through the website and ask and see.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:Typed notes would be better for my daughter too. She just prefers typing. Maybe they will allow it in a case by case basis. You can contact them through the website and ask and see.

Can't you just use a font that looks like handwriting?? I think these are stupid rules, but there seem to be ways to get around them, so I guess I'd just use that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Can't you just use a font that looks like handwriting?? I think these are stupid rules, but there seem to be ways to get around them, so I guess I'd just use that.

I think maybe the reason is that you don't copy paste the whole textbook onto a Word document, making the test technically open book. But that's different than actually having notes even if typed.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:I think maybe the reason is that you don't copy paste the whole textbook onto a Word document, making the test technically open book. But that's different than actually having notes even if typed.

I'd thought about a handwriting font too! And yes, I wondered if that was their goal - to prevent just printing the whole book. A page limit on notes would seem to make more sense in terms of that, but what do I know?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I made a comment before about this company screaming "NEW" to education - and crap like a syllabus that doesn't match the requirements, and hand-written notes is just more on the pile. <eye roll> Yes, the entire integrity of the program lies on whether or not a student WROTE their notes or hit copy/paste. Whose fooling who? This isn't 7th grade.
The course itself seems to be going well. I just believe the syllabus should be more clear. I don't think there is anything wrong with requiring a 50 percent to pass the final. That seems fair. I just think that information should be on the syllabus. The impression you get is that the course works similar to some STRAIGHTERLINE courses where you accumulate a certain amount of points throughout the course including the final and pass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Badges - Ed4Credit Toastmaster 7 1,326 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Exclamation Ed4Credit - Acclaim - Credly Problem Toastmaster 14 2,487 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Alternative ed4credit lab? Faceparade 2 795 05-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Remove Ed4Credit? Clepper43 6 1,574 02-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ed4Credit is Gone jamshid666 17 4,115 01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  Ed4Credit Notice shadowgem 9 2,041 11-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Review of Ed4Credit course dfrecore 3 3,134 06-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Are Ed4Credit Courses Pass/Fail or GPA? retro 10 2,082 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses OnlineStudent011320 95 11,498 03-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  UL at ed4credit bnm 3 1,129 12-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Last Post: cookderosa