Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Education Office?
Does anybody here know how much the GI Bill will pay for Excelsior courses?

Im debating whether to sign up with the $130 enrollment and take 12units through courses with them ($250/unit) since i gotta take a 3unit capstone anyway. Or if i should pay the $750 enrollment fee and $450 graduation fee and pay for 9units threw exams and/or cheap Penn Foster classes.

Overall it would be cheaper to drop down the $750 enrollment and get the 9UL credits i need elsewhere and then take the capstone than it would be to pay the 130 and take 12units throw Excelsior.
HOWEVER - if the military will help pay for like half, it might actually be cheaper to do the $130 enrollment option.

What do you guys think?
-Kevin Cathy

Current Degrees:
B.A. in Liberal Studies (Thomas Edison State College)
A.A. in Business Administration (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Social Science (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Liberal Arts (Sacramento City College)
A.S. in Transportation (CCAF)

In Progress at Community College: Certificate of Achievement in Accounting

CLEPs/DSSTs taken & passed so far:
Principles of Supervision / Human Resource Management / Social Science & History / Here's To Your Health / Civil War & Reconstruction / Substance Abuse / Business Law II / Business Ethics and Society / Analyzing and Interpreting Literature / College Composition with Essay / Technical Writing / A History of the Vietnam War / College Mathematics / Introduction to World Religions

(54 credits in 7 months. Holla!)
Do some googling. Since Excelsior is in new york the GI Bill will pay 100% up to the most expensive public institution. Im pretty sure that means they will cover Excelsior 100%, but you still have to pay the enrollment fee. Also keep in mind that the Gi Bill will only pay if you take at least one class. I found this out the hard way with TESC. Turns out the VA will not shell out cash unless there is a term start and term end date on the paperwork, this comes from the TESC employees that submit the claims to the VA. I had to sign up for one class even though I had all the credits needed for my AAS.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

i dig it.

thats cool man - i might look into that.
i have to take the capstone course anyway you know so that could be the class if i decide to go the open transcript way.

gracias man!
-Kevin Cathy

Current Degrees:
B.A. in Liberal Studies (Thomas Edison State College)
A.A. in Business Administration (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Social Science (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Liberal Arts (Sacramento City College)
A.S. in Transportation (CCAF)

In Progress at Community College: Certificate of Achievement in Accounting

CLEPs/DSSTs taken & passed so far:
Principles of Supervision / Human Resource Management / Social Science & History / Here's To Your Health / Civil War & Reconstruction / Substance Abuse / Business Law II / Business Ethics and Society / Analyzing and Interpreting Literature / College Composition with Essay / Technical Writing / A History of the Vietnam War / College Mathematics / Introduction to World Religions

(54 credits in 7 months. Holla!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,537 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Military Education Spending and Stats Prloko 6 1,778 07-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  Ed Office at it again. Uggghh Prloko 1 820 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Microsoft office For 10 Dollars thiagocastro 0 1,222 07-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: thiagocastro
  I need education Bullets Shadowless 8 2,507 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Last Post: GlennOwns
  What other online education is there besides FEMA? Shadowless 4 1,842 02-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: peace123
  US Navy and Non Traditional Education G-Man 20 5,922 06-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Last Post: dannybenitez
  TESC Military Education on Base? YokotaJo 2 1,429 03-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Last Post: YokotaJo