Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edx to launch a bunch of graduate programs soon.
saw this on their website.

https://www.edx.org/masters

Master's in Accounting
Master's in Business Administration
Master's in Business Intelligence
Master's in Computer Science
Master's in Cybersecurity
Master's in Data Science
Master's in Electrical Engineering
Master's in Higher Education Administration
Master's in Information Systems
Master's in Nutritional Sciences
Master's in Project Management
Master's in Psychology
Master's in Supply Chain
(07-12-2018, 04:15 AM)nyvrem Wrote: saw this on their website.

https://www.edx.org/masters

Master's in Accounting
Master's in Business Administration
Master's in Business Intelligence
Master's in Computer Science
Master's in Cybersecurity
Master's in Data Science
Master's in Electrical Engineering
Master's in Higher Education Administration
Master's in Information Systems
Master's in Nutritional Sciences
Master's in Project Management
Master's in Psychology
Master's in Supply Chain

Thanks for posting this. The price seems good at under $10,000. That's alot more competitive than the $30,000 Master's of Accounting offered through Coursera.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexf.1990's post:
  • cookderosa
I wouldn't assume that the upcoming degrees are also under $10,000. They are probably not all from the same school. Coursera has a Master's for $15,000 and another for $30,000.

I was going to post something about this... Also, I read in an article that edx is working on developing some "MicroBachelors" as well.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Cool, I thought they would be offering more/much faster - edX already has a few MicroMasters that they offer for partial credit, it ranges from 20, 25%, up to 33% of the entire Master's degree offered by various universities globally known. Some of their partner degrees can be had for $10,000 - in addition to the price of the MicroMasters of course - See here: https://www.edx.org/micromasters
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I've been wondering if the masters of science in electrical engineering that edx mentions is the same one that UC Boulder has been working on:
https://www.colorado.edu/ecee/online-ms-ee

(07-12-2018, 09:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cool, I thought they would be offering more/much faster - edX already has a few MicroMasters that they offer for partial credit, it ranges from 20, 25%, up to 33% of the entire Master's degree offered by various universities globally known. Some of their partner degrees can be had for $10,000 - in addition to the price of the MicroMasters of course - See here: https://www.edx.org/micromasters
I've had my eye on a few of those micro masters now in addition to the mooc msee. Of particular interest to me was the Pennx Robotics and MITx Principals of manufacturing.

Do you think the Micromasters credential alone(without completing the corresponding schools master's program) is valuable to employers or different grad schools?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
A MicroMasters (similar to Udacity's Nanodegree options) in my view is just like a graduate certificate, it's only at most 9-12 credits of graduate level courses. It will only be valuable in the field you intend to go into and should be on par with other graduate-level certificates offered elsewhere.

I like Udacity's Nanodegree options, for example, Data Analytics, WGU can use that as an "entry" option for their MS Data Analytics, it's about half the price of a MircroMasters. Essentially, I would rank them as follows in order of recommendation/value.

Masters (30-36 credits), Graduate Diploma (18-24 credits), (Grad Cert/Micromasters or Nanodegree 9-15 credits)
In fact, anything that gets you graduate credits on the cheap/easy/fast method is what I recommend, EdX micro masters might just be the ticket.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • acamp
These 'micromasters' will I get official transcripts after I take them? Loke lets say I do the IoT or Robotics micromasters will I be able to get credits that I can transfer to say COSC to finish their BS in Engineering or Technology Studies?

That edX masters in EE so awesome if I can get it for under 10 000....
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I think they will be able to accommodate some credits, you'll have to chat with admin with COSC as COSC uses edx for a few transfer courses, see here: https://www.edx.org/charter-oak

Armstrong, you'll come across issues if you want to transfer to COSC or most of the schools, that's because most RA schools only allow two Bachelors degrees. You will need to decide on two degrees out of the three - TESU BALS, LDAS and COSC.

There is an alternative if you want to take it, haha. Excelsior allows third bachelors degrees and their BS IT degrees are ABET accredited. Out of the Big 3 and WGU, for IT - I only recommend Excelsior (ABET) or WGU (Non ABET).

I looked at their program briefly, it's mainly CS/CIS courses, I wonder what their no concentration or cybersecurity concentration is like, I haven't looked at the full pdf. https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/techn...lor-degree

@bjcheung I know the limit thing is crazy. Which is why I want to weigh my options before I graduate, right now I'm finishing up the BALS just to 'tick the box'...but for a technical degree I'm really worried. I dont want to waste it on the LDAS when 'engineering' ABET or not would look better on the resume and help me with grad school. I would finish the Comp Sci but to be honest Comp Sci bores me a little I like electronics. I'm still undecided right now I'm doing generic technical courses algebra, trig, precalc, calc I, II, III, discrete math, stats, linear algebra, phys I, phys II, bio, chem, programming etc like courses I know will fit into all the programs I've looked at. The more I think about it, the more COSC engineering studies looks like the better candidate. I would do the comp sci or ESET at TESU since the tution is relatively low for those programs but some of the grad schools I looked at specifically ask for engineering not engineering tech...So I dont think comp sci will work.

I figure over the next year I'll just get myself ready with all the general prereqs and then decide, cause in the tech and EE domain it seems some new options are opening up!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,186 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 887 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,184 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,340 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 4 359 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,472 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Open University Malaysia has PhD programs below 10k USD nyvrem 2 390 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: armado
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 524 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden