Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embry Riddle ACE and CLEP articulation
Hi, I have searched and searched for an articulation guide for Embry Riddle U general education classes and have not found anything useful. What I am hoping to find is a guide that will show the Embry course (such as Eng 123 (an actual course)) and the corresponding study.com/straighterline.com course equivalent. Honestly though, I'm not sure it even exists. Thanks in advance.              Bob
My daughter attended Embry Riddle and we talked to them about all forms of alternative credit, and they were firm that the only credits they accept are:

1. Credits with a grade from a regionally accredited college/university
2. AP credits (most of them, but not all)
3. CLEP credits (a subset of them, but not all - check their catalog or google it)
4. ACE credits only from military training/education

We specifically asked about Straighterline, and they said no. 

However, Embry Riddle is very expensive, so she took courses through the ASU/EdX Global Freshman Academy (now it is Earned Admission at ASU). The courses were $649 for three credits (and now they are $425 for three credits). They transferred in no problem to Embry Riddle.   Besides these options, you can also try community college courses, as well as a new program called Outlier.org, which has Calculus and Psychology for $400 and is transcripted at the University of Pittsburg. 

Hopes this helps.
[-] The following 2 users Like bsimi's post:
  • alab21, cookderosa
Embry-Riddle does take some CLEP and a few DSST exams, but no ACE (except military). Google CEP when you get to their website, it's there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
"Embry Riddle is very expensive, so she took courses through the ASU/EdX Global Freshman Academy (now it is Earned Admission at ASU). The courses were $649 for three credits (and now they are $425 for three credits). They transferred in no problem to Embry Riddle. "

That's worth emphasizing!! That's real-life-legitimate credit laundering, and there are only a handful of ways to do it, I'm so glad you found one. Wink

I did a freebie degree plan for Embry Riddle online engineering on my homeschooling page, it's not very encouraging but I'll share it for what its worth to you. You can get 21 credits in advance if you use CLEP and AP (for the degree I planned) but that is NOT taking into account anything on the ASU list, so that right there is a very nice find!!

https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...niversity/ (to see it as a chart with links) I wrote this in January, 2019 so it might not be current.

MATH241 & MATH242, 8 cr. AP Calculus BC Calculus & Analytical Geometry, 8 cr. (score of 4 for MATH241, score of 5 for MATH241 & 242)

PHY150. 4 cr. Physics 1 for Engineers AP Physics C Mechanics (score of 4)

Humanities lower level elective, 3 cr. CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature

Humanities upper-level elective, 3 cr. CLEP English Literature

Social Science lower level elective, 3 cr. CLEP U.S. History 1

Rack Rate Tuition: $49,530 ($390 per credit x 127 credits)
Resourcefully Planned: $41,340 (21 credits CLEP/AP, 106 cr. taken through Embry-Riddle online once enrolled)
Are we discussing Embry Riddle's physical campus locations or their online programs?

I ask this considering Embry Riddle Worldwide (their online provider) has posted credit transfer information that directly contradicts what's been posted in this thread.

Regarding nationally accredited college credits:

"Transfer credit may be granted under the following conditions:

Appropriate coursework completed with a grade of A, B, C, pass, satisfactory (or equivalent) will be accepted.

Credits earned at institutions listed as degree-granting institutions in the Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education (AIPE) as recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) will be considered for transfer credit. Undergraduate academic credit is generally accepted without regard to the date the course was completed. Embry-Riddle has sole discretion in determining which and how many transfer credit hours will be accepted toward degree requirements."

Regarding non-military ACE credits (I.E. Straighterline, Study.com, etc.):

" 2. Embry-Riddle will generally follow the recommendations of ACE for courses listed in the National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs and the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces."

Source:

https://catalog.erau.edu/worldwide/stude...rs/credit/
(01-25-2020, 05:31 PM)terryd5150 Wrote: Are we discussing Embry Riddle's physical campus locations or their online programs?

I ask this considering Embry Riddle Worldwide (their online provider) has posted credit transfer information that directly contradicts what's been posted in this thread.

I was referring to their physical campus locations.  The OP didn't specify, and I didn't realize they had the online program.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 888 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Modern States announces additional funding, continued CLEP vouchers jsd 8 1,873 02-08-2021, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST tomokaicho 21 2,546 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Decision Time - Straighterline, CLEP, DSST, or Study.com dh5150 22 3,116 08-29-2020, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  CLEP BIOLOGY chelledward28 6 1,464 02-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: alab21
  Anybody use SDC for clep/dsst prep? SCYankee 7 1,230 01-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: diminutive
  Sophia Accounting = CLEP Accounting? SCYankee 4 1,512 12-27-2019, 02:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Courser -another college CLEP/ DSST? LadySearchDog 3 1,178 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States If You Fail CLEP nosey561 4 2,271 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Credit for Spanish: CLEP vs Straighterline vs Saylor vs AP jplot002 5 1,645 03-28-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa