Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep
If you passed the Saylor ACE version, why are you taking the TECEP? Do they not duplicate?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:If you passed the Saylor ACE version, why are you taking the TECEP? Do they not duplicate?
The Saylor course isn't approved for college credit. The TECEP description recommends the Saylor course for study.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I think he must have meant that he passed the unproctored final easily, then took the TECEP?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
davewill Wrote:The Saylor course isn't approved for college credit. The TECEP description recommends the Saylor course for study.

It was ACE approved as of January this year...

Earn College Credit | Saylor Academy

dfrecore Wrote:I think he must have meant that he passed the unproctored final easily, then took the TECEP?

Even then, if the unproctored version was easy, their proctored version is likely similar. Save the $90 and take the proctored saylor version.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I passed the Saylor proctored for ACE credit, but I need TECEPs for residency. I took the Saylor test as a back up and as a review.

Some Saylor for credit final exams consist of the same exact questions/answers that were given in the review course. This was one of them.

I will continue to read about this subject. Highly recommend taking this course.
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
Makes sense, I know you have to get those TECEPs in quick before they go away for residency purposes, so it makes sense to duplicate something you already know.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I passed this TECEP with a 74% (65% required). Was hoping to do better but in hindsight I see that one of my essay questions did not provide a real answer to their question, so I understand why I scored lower than expected.
This test requires a good effort of studying, but the material is not boring, so I recommend taking it.
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
Hello everyone -
Has anyone taken TECEP Environmental Ethics exam recently? From what I am reading, I think I will have to use something other than the Saylor site. Any suggestions on which textbooks to use?
Thank you!
mrsbethany1 Wrote:Hello everyone -
Has anyone taken TECEP Environmental Ethics exam recently? From what I am reading, I think I will have to use something other than the Saylor site. Any suggestions on which textbooks to use?
Thank you!

Where are you transferring the credits to?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I used Saylor. Unfortunately, the test description isn't as helpful on what book to use as it usually is:

http://www2.tesc.edu/tecep_desc/ETH-210.pdf
Quote:The Saylor Foundation open course Environmental Ethics, Justice, and World Views offers free preparationfor this TECEP exam. If you are interested, go to the Saylor.org site to learn how their course process works. This link takes you to the course: http://www.saylor.org/courses/envs203/

You can also use college-level texts in this subject to prepare. If you choose a text, compare its table of contents against the topic outline to make sure the topics are covered. Below are several possibilities, but keep in mind that some focus more on the environmental aspects and some on the ethical aspects.

Environment: The Science Behind the Stories. Jay Withgott and Matt Laposata
Current or last edition. Boston: Benjamin Cummings/Pearson

Environmental Ethics: Readings in Theory and Application. Paul Pojman and Louis Pojman
Current or last edition. Boston: Wadsworth/Cengage

Environmental Ethics: What Really Matters, What Really Works. David Schmidtz, Elizabeth Willott, eds.
Current or last edition. New York: Oxford University Press
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,360 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,752 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,790 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,716 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,198 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,521 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,632 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill