Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone's toughest exam was..
Especially when you save all the hardest tests for last. I suppose I thought that would motivate me to do the hard ones when I knew I was almost done. Still...it is a little disconcerting knowing that all the easy stuff is done and only the difficult ones remain. For me that is the math...Statistics and Algebra and some others like Principles of Finance.
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:Especially when you save all the hardest tests for last. I suppose I thought that would motivate me to do the hard ones when I knew I was almost done. Still...it is a little disconcerting knowing that all the easy stuff is done and only the difficult ones remain. For me that is the math...Statistics and Algebra and some others like Principles of Finance.

tampalizard,

I am half way through my degree at this point. I decided to take DANTES Statistics on April 17th. This exam (like all math-related exams) scared the heck out of me. I specifically chose to do it now so that I can either get it out of the way once and for all, or take it again six months from now if need be.

I haven't got my results yet!

If I pass, it will be a huge burden off my shoulders. If I fail, I know I can take it again in six months without having to put the rest of my degree on hold.

The next scary thing for me will be taking my first ECE exam. I have found my groove with the CLEP and DANTES exam. I know how to study for them, I know how to take them, I know how long it takes to drive to the test center, I know what the computer software looks like, I know what the paper exams are like, I know the faces of the people I will see at the test center...I feel very comfortable taking CLEP and DANTES.

Everything will change when I take my first ECE exam. Different test center, different software, different people, different exams! It's the 'unknown' which makes me nervous. I doubt I will be so anxious though, once I have taken that first ECE exam.
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
tampalizard Wrote:Especially when you save all the hardest tests for last. I suppose I thought that would motivate me to do the hard ones when I knew I was almost done. Still...it is a little disconcerting knowing that all the easy stuff is done and only the difficult ones remain. For me that is the math...Statistics and Algebra and some others like Principles of Finance.
Lynda, I'm a bit mathphobic myself, so I did a little research about these to required courses. I'm told that the Excelsior course "Business Statistics" is not as intense as a regular Statistics course (or exam). My advisor told me that Business Stats is geared more toward the business environment. As for Principles of Finance, I found that my local community college has this course at the lower division level. Since it is a core requirement, taking an upper level course doesn't really get you anywhere anyway. I did have to get approval from my advisor for it- but it's a go. Of course, taking 2 courses instead of testing out of the subjects will take alot more time, I think this is the way I will go to get these "scary" courses done.
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
That ShotoJuko's toughest test was not math and that now he is considering math as a major and in fact thinking about a career as an accountant. Go gett'um ShotoJuko!!Cool
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
Snazzlefrag, I was encouraged by your assessment of the Statistics Exam and now I am reading that it was your hardest and you don't know if you passed. The big question is - did you pass??? How do you feel now about the exam? I am about to dive into studying but still a bit on the fence choosing between Algebra and Statistics. Math is not my strong point! This is my last class to graduate in time to start grad school in August. I want to choose an area where I can succeed on the first attempt. Thanks!! I hope you passed.
camillumi Wrote:Snazzlefrag, I was encouraged by your assessment of the Statistics Exam and now I am reading that it was your hardest and you don't know if you passed. The big question is - did you pass??? How do you feel now about the exam? I am about to dive into studying but still a bit on the fence choosing between Algebra and Statistics. Math is not my strong point! This is my last class to graduate in time to start grad school in August. I want to choose an area where I can succeed on the first attempt. Thanks!! I hope you passed.

Hi camillumi,

I posted my results on another thread. The good news is that I passed with a score of 71. This should give EVERYONE hope since I am a complete and total math-phobic.

My assessment of the exam still stands. It IS a hard exam, my hardest so far! I literally cried as I was taking it (math-phobia). But it is not really about math. Study hard, learn the CONCEPTS, learn how to use your calculator's Stats functions, stay calm, take your time, and do your best! I took care of knowing the concepts...my calculator took care of the math!

You will likely feel like crap after the exam. But the fact that I got a 71 on it tells me that the curve works heavily in our favor on this exam.

Study HARD, look up any concepts you don't understand. LEARN TO USE YOUR CALCULATOR!

This exam is horrible....HORRIBLE! But you CAN do well on it, and will probably do MUCH BETTER than you expect.

Don't be afraid,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I am dreading taking the Statistics exam....that may be why I keep putting it off until "next month". If I pass that one, then I can rest easy.

I wouldn't say Drug & Alcohol was the hardest test, but you really did have to study for that one. Most other tests I've taken it's just reviewing information so that I've been familiar, but D&AA was a memorization type test for me.

I wouldn't even try to pass these History ones that you all are taking. I'm terrible with date/name/event facts.

Angie
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hi...I'm Angie!! Smile [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]I currently have 47 credits from actual classes + 15 credits from testing = 62 credits total
I'm taking 15 more CLEP/Dantes examination this summer. I hope to graduate this year from TESC with a BA in Psychology. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]Upcoming Tests: Ethics and MicroEconomics
Recent Tests: Principles of Supervision (58), Drug & Alcohol Abuse (61)
Other Tests Passed Long Ago: Personal Finance, College Algebra, Principles of Management[/COLOR][/SIZE]
angie Wrote:I am dreading taking the Statistics exam....that may be why I keep putting it off until "next month". If I pass that one, then I can rest easy.

I wouldn't say Drug & Alcohol was the hardest test, but you really did have to study for that one. Most other tests I've taken it's just reviewing information so that I've been familiar, but D&AA was a memorization type test for me.

I wouldn't even try to pass these History ones that you all are taking. I'm terrible with date/name/event facts.

Angie

Angie,

I was more fearful of the Statistics exam than ANYONE. But that is why I decided to take it sooner rather than later...to get it over with! If I failed, I would still have time to take it again in six months and if I passed it, it would be one less thing to worry about. If you save it until the end, the pressure and your stress level will be even higher!

In a brief moment of bravery, I one day just called and ordered the exam. That sealed the deal and forced me to study for, and take the exam.

My gamble paid off better than I could ever have imagined. It IS hard, it IS stressful, but if you have studied well and know the basics inside and out, you will have no trouble passing it.

It was a WONDERFUL feeling of pure RELIEF to pass it. Even now, a full month after I took the exam, I still look at those credits, crossed off on my degree chart, and smile! I can't believe I passed it....but I did! And you can too.

Grab the bull by the horns...and bring it to it's knees!
hilarious

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I took the ECE statistics yesterday. I almost didn't finish because I was so sure I failed. I began to panic after I didn't know ANY of the first six answers...then I thought. If I fail...then what? When I realized I would just pick up and go on I decided to finish...and I got a B. Go figure.
On the other hand...I took the ECE Ethics UL today. It was SURPRISINGLY difficult for me. I took the DSST ethics and got a good score.Excelsior lets you do their ethics for UL even if its a repeat of ethics....I don't know why but this is the only class they let you repeat?!. Anyway...They have scenario after scenario and the scenarios are on a pop up screen. You have to go back and forth from the questions to the scenarios...over and over. I guess it may be my touch of OCD but I found that VERY distracting. Combine that with the woman sitting in the next cubby who constantly muttered loud enough for me to hear, the guy behind me that tapped his foot and the woman next to him that tapped her desk with the mouse...INTERMITTENTLY MIND YOU....so my mind could not establish a pattern to the noise and each time she did it, it startled me. It was a VERY poor testing experience. I let them know. I did pass but it was VERY difficult.
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:I took the ECE statistics yesterday. I almost didn't finish because I was so sure I failed. I began to panic after I didn't know ANY of the first six answers...then I thought. If I fail...then what? When I realized I would just pick up and go on I decided to finish...and I got a B. Go figure.
On the other hand...I took the ECE Ethics UL today. It was SURPRISINGLY difficult for me. I took the DSST ethics and got a good score.Excelsior lets you do their ethics for UL even if its a repeat of ethics....I don't know why but this is the only class they let you repeat?!. Anyway...They have scenario after scenario and the scenarios are on a pop up screen. You have to go back and forth from the questions to the scenarios...over and over. I guess it may be my touch of OCD but I found that VERY distracting. Combine that with the woman sitting in the next cubby who constantly muttered loud enough for me to hear, the guy behind me that tapped his foot and the woman next to him that tapped her desk with the mouse...INTERMITTENTLY MIND YOU....so my mind could not establish a pattern to the noise and each time she did it, it startled me. It was a VERY poor testing experience. I let them know. I did pass but it was VERY difficult.

ECE Statistics and ECE Ethics in two days. That's quite an achievement.

Congratulations!

I haven't taken any ECEs yet! So I am a bit anxious about them (I will need to take five of them). I'm sure I'll feel better once I have taken my first one, and know what to expect for the rest. But right now, I am experiencing fear of the unknown!
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 950 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 671 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 912 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,178 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,412 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,864 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,519 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,065 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Java Exam special gams007 2 841 04-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77