Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Personal Finance Final :(
bricabrac Wrote:Log back in and retake the quiz. You still have time before they post final grade. Just make sure that quiz grade is 100.

Unfortunately, only the first three tries on the quizzes count. So, that 4/5 was after three tries. Sad
Collegelady2 Wrote:So you got a 56 on final?

No, I needed a 56 to pass the course, but I only got a 55. Ugh.
Does Study.com "round up?" on percentages? Did you get 69.6% or higher in total for the entire course?
If you did, plead with them and ask if they round up the courses % to the nearest percentage point...
I recall Straighterline's system rounding up to the nearest percentage point, so there's no decimal.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Furthermore, what type of questions did you bomb on? Were those the ones with calculations? Did you not use a calculator?
We need to know what your weak points are so we can give you pointers for the retake. Hope you pass the next one.
But you need to know, you've "not lost" anything as the scholarship was free for you. Some don't even get the scholarship!

bjcheung77 Wrote:Does Study.com "round up?" on percentages? Did you get 69.6% or higher in total for the entire course?
If you did, plead with them and ask if they round up the courses % to the nearest percentage point...
I recall Straighterline's system rounding up to the nearest percentage point, so there's no decimal.

All I know is that on one page, underneath my quiz score, it says, "With this quiz grade, you will need to earn at least 56% on the proctored exam to pass this course." I made a 55 on my final. Sad

Fortunately, someone from Study.com confirmed that I can proceed to the next course while I wait for the final score for the Personal Finance class. I'm just wondering if a re-take will cut into my two courses per month allowance. Hmmmmm....
Silly_Me Wrote:All I know is that on one page, underneath my quiz score, it says, "With this quiz grade, you will need to earn at least 56% on the proctored exam to pass this course." I made a 55 on my final. Sad

Fortunately, someone from Study.com confirmed that I can proceed to the next course while I wait for the final score for the Personal Finance class. I'm just wondering if a re-take will cut into my two courses per month allowance. Hmmmmm....

Yes, a re-take of any exam will cut into the allowance of 2 courses.
If the course you really want credit for is available to be done, I would do it right away.
Get the courses you need from Study.com free, and if you need more, just pay a month and extra exams at $70/each.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but how are you going to get through the biology courses if you struggled with personal finance? Other than potentially wasting more time, it doesn't hurt to keep trying on the scholarship. However, Study.com may not be a good fit.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I hope this doesn't sound rude, but how are you going to get through the biology courses if you struggled with personal finance? Other than potentially wasting more time, it doesn't hurt to keep trying on the scholarship. However, Study.com may not be a good fit.

I really think it has more to do with the fact that I was trying to race through the course than anything else. I didn't take the time to understand the material & I got hit for it. Ugh. So much for speed testing!
Do you have to do the Chapter practice exam or just the quizzes?
ECH90 Wrote:Do you have to do the Chapter practice exam or just the quizzes?

Just the quizzes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 379 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 357 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 733 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 816 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,699 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 733 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,349 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 879 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 650 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 3 2,101 01-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az