Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/non-proctored Study.com course (Study.com tuition discount)?
I'm signing up for the Cornerstone and another TESU course. I got to the checkout page and from seeing the price difference, I remembered that I have to have the Study.com tuition discount. However, from reading this thread, it turns out you first need to have completed a Study.com course to transfer in a transcript, and then to be considered an affiliate.

I'm still missing Free Electives and General Electives, so that's not an issue. However, I have a few days only to register for the TESU courses—there's a late registration for the 2nd course, but I don't know about the Cornerstone. I'll easily be able to complete a Study.com course, just don't know about proctoring.
  • What Study.com courses are non-proctored? Or are they all proctored?
  • What are the easiest/fastest (if possible non-proctored) Study.com courses?
  • If proctoring is the only option, what's the fastest way to get a proctor/set proctoring up?
Also, for the proctoring, apparently there is a delay of a few days for the reviewing of it (fews day to a week)? Is there another delay to have the course transfer to TESU?
In my experience with SDC, all finals are proctored. Fortunately with RPNow, you can schedule the finals at any time.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • boymom1031
I've heard that the fastest is Presentation Skills in the Workplace, and it'll also count for your speech requirement if you haven't already filled that.

As quigongene stated, they're all proctored, but not by a real person. You just download the software and it records you for later review.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • boymom1031
In my experience it takes at least a week after the final exam for your final grade to post on SDC after they have reviewed the session, then you would have to request them to send a transcript to TESU and wait for them to process it.

This will definitely take more than a few days.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(04-11-2019, 12:37 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: In my experience it takes at least a week after the final exam for your final grade to post on SDC after they have reviewed the session, then you would have to request them to send a transcript to TESU and wait for them to process it.

This will definitely take more than a few days.

I agree. After you complete the course at SDC (however many days that takes) you can request the transcript, which will take a few more days. Once TESU receives the SDC transcript, you're looking at at least 3-4 more weeks for it to be processed. After the transcripts are posted and your evaluation is updated you can call in to have the Study.com affiliation flag (corporate choice) added to your account.

All in all, you're looking at upwards of 4-6 weeks, depending on how quickly you can complete the selected course. Going through the normal path anyway.

Best case you may be able to shorten this if you can get TESU to add the Study.com affiliation flag to your account once they see the transcript has been received, but they usually won't do so until after the updated evaluation has posted.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I could register for the June 2019 TES-100 Cornerstone (April 19-May 11), so this course wouldn't be that much of an issue. 

For the second TESU course, I could do a late registration, which would cost me $150, but it would also cost $372 less with the Study.com tuition coupon (so in total, $222 less expensive).

(04-11-2019, 01:26 PM)Merlin Wrote: All in all, you're looking at upwards of 4-6 weeks, depending on how quickly you can complete the selected course. Going through the normal path anyway.

It would really take 4-6 weeks? Study.com credit transfers to TESU take 1 month to a month and a half?  Huh
This isn't specific to SDC. It takes the registrar the same amount of time to process your transcripts from SDC (or any provider) as it would if you sent them from any school to TESU to be evaluated.
In my experience, minimum 3 weeks for them to show up on your academic evaluation.

You need to wait for your grade to post after an exam (a week), a couple days for SDC to process your transcript request, then 3-4 weeks for TESU to evaluate the course.

You aren't part of the new 2019A catalogue? (allowing you to take the tes-100 cornerstone?)
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(04-11-2019, 02:06 PM)pws Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 01:26 PM)Merlin Wrote: All in all, you're looking at upwards of 4-6 weeks, depending on how quickly you can complete the selected course. Going through the normal path anyway.

It would really take 4-6 weeks? Study.com credit transfers to TESU take 1 month to a month and a half?  Huh

Well, you're looking at a few days to a week to complete the SDC course, plus another few days to a week for SDC to process the transcript request and for TESU to receive it, then 3-4 weeks for TESU to evaluate the transcript and update your academic evaluation. So 4-6 weeks seems like a reasonable range.

So if you get the course done, transcripted, and into TESU's hands within a week, and TESU manages to process it within 3 weeks, then you're looking at 4 weeks total; chances are that the total time will be closer to 5-6 weeks though.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I agree that this is not going to get done quickly, no matter how fast you finish the course. I'd just register for the cornerstone and wait for the study.com transcript to go through and get posted to your eval before going any further with TESU. The amount of money you'd save is too much to pass up, IMO.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-11-2019, 05:30 PM)Merlin Wrote: [...] then 3-4 weeks for TESU to evaluate the transcript and update your academic evaluation.

I'm not familiar with the transcript evaluation yet, and I'm sure there are many different things in the background which are difficult to get at first glance, however, upon receiving everything, how can it take nearly a month to evaluate one course? Would be happy to have a better understanding the process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,365 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,749 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,735 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle