Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished!! College graduate! :)
Hi guys, I haven't been posting here in awhile due to a new job. I had the good news on my signature for awhile, but I am proud to say I am a four year bachelor degree holder, yay! I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me succeed to this point. The advice on this forum is top notch and I don't want to thank just a few members individually, instead I rather thank everyone. Thank you everyone!!! Smile Thanks to all the old threads as well. It all started on a simple Google search, I found this forum googling "colleges that accept NA credit". I stumbled upon this forum and also a fellow forum member who I met in the Penn Foster forums perriquit explained to me what the big three was. I know I said I won't thank anyone individually, but this individual person was the sole reason why I am here. Without him I probably would not actually be where I am right now. perriquit took his time out of his busy schedule to mentor and guide me to the right path to a college degree. Again, I do want to thank everyone once again especially the ones who I back and forth-ed messaged, I know I blew up your inbox's but it was for a good cause, lol. It took me a while to grasp and understand how the system worked. The enrollment fee, the transfer of credit and what was ACE credit. I started off with just a Penn Foster College associate degree graduate and now I am here. A four year bachelor degree holder at a regionally accredited state college. I am seeking grad school, I have my eyes on WGU and Liberty University. However, I am going to see some state universities first just to snoop around before I make my final decision. Most likely I will be doing an MBA. I just got my diploma in the mail a few days ago from TESC and I will be attending the September graduation. I don't know if anyone else is going but it would be pretty cool to meet fellow TESC alumni and/or degreeforum members.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Congratulations! Well done!
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Great job!!
That is so fantastic! I'm so happy for you and glad that you found the best path for you! Congratulations!!!

Please keep us updated on your future progress.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Congratulations Ace King! This is awesome! Good luck with your MBA and any and all future goals!

Oh, and stop by here every little while and keep us posted! Big Grin
Congrats! I wish you luck in your future endeavors. Welcome the wonderful world of undergrad college degrees.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Congrats! Well done! :hurray:
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

A great, big Congratulations! If I can build up some steam, and get three classes/tests out of the way, I hope to graduate in September, too. If I can make it happen, I'll IM you. Again, congratulations.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Congratulations!
Thanks guys I appreciate all the love!

I will definitively keep updated regarding my MBA goal, I will also contribute and help as much as people as I can to return the favor.

Definitely sounds cool Laterbloomer! I know you can finish in time!! Keep us updated! That would be awesome! Smile

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,845 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,923 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
Thumbs Up Finished My Bachelors, Received My Diploma! keepsingin 8 2,189 07-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: alleycat
Exclamation My very own "I'm Finished!!!" thread boalex207 13 2,521 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,218 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,390 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  A question about shmoop and Excelsior College literalkev 8 3,066 06-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: literalkev
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,161 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Does Excelsior College/Charter Oak accept TECEP vetvso 1 1,653 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM
  What will be the cost to graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,186 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore