Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRE Countdown!
3 weeks from today is the last day for regular signups for the April GRE Subject exams.

4 weeks from today is the last day for late signup for the April GRE Subject exams.

Are you ready? I know I'm not! :ack:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
TMW2010 Wrote:3 weeks from today is the last day for regular signups for the April GRE Subject exams.

4 weeks from today is the last day for late signup for the April GRE Subject exams.

Are you ready? I know I'm not! :ack:

Nope, me neither. Already registered though, so no turning back now!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Hi!

Which GREs are you planning to take?

I won't be taking mine this round either, but I will definitely be cheering for all of you.

Please keep us updated on your progress.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I already registered but like you don't feel ready. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will feel that way. Prepping for psych.

By the way -- a question for those who have taken them before.

If we bomb this or don't do as well as we like, can we retake it in Oct or November. Will there be a problem with EC if that happens?

Feedback appreciated so there is a "Plan B." :willynilly:
I'm taking the biology GRE. Thanks for the encouragement, NAP! I am gathering study materials, but I'm not going to look at them until all my undergrad credits are complete. :leaving:
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Yay! So glad to find other people to commiserate with. Smile

I'm taking the literature GRE. I think I may have bit off more than I chew with it, but I'm too far in to back out now.
Ahhhh, it is quite relaxing to be on this side of the GRE subject exams: I can watch everyone else suffer. Confusedmilelol:

Seriously though, good luck to you all. You'll have to study your brains out, but remember -- it feels so amazingly good to finish (let alone get the credits) that it will have been worth it.

Extra luck to Sunshine. Biology??? :eek: :willynilly: :eek: (Don't those smilies form the shape of some elemental molecule? Lewis structures...*shudder*...but wait, that's chemistry...)

So, TMW2010, you're taking Psych, right? All I can say is, have funnn! *Grin* You'll be awesome if your test scores are any indicator.

sc1 Wrote:I'm taking the literature GRE. I think I may have bit off more than I chew with it, but I'm too far in to back out now.
Fun fun fun! You'll have all sorts of amazing stuff leaking out of your brains by the time you take it, but it will be worth it. I wish you the best, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Go Judy! I did not know you had been planning to take a GRE.

Sunshine - Is this to complete your major or for grad school or both?

sc1 - There has been a very successful group, including Ruddigore, on this forum for this test. My best wishes to you!

P00057870 Wrote:....If we bomb this or don't do as well as we like, can we retake it in Oct or November. Will there be a problem with EC if that happens? ...

I was wondering about this, too. I am thinking about take a "practice" try in the Fall and the "real" test next Spring. Can you take it more than once and try for a better score? What happens if the first score is higher? Do they take the highest score no matter which order?
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Good luck to everyone going for a GRE! You can do this!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
There is no "plan B"! Biff this GRE and your life will be ruined forever!!

Sorry, just trying to motivate. :reddevil: Study hard, and good luck!
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduation Countdown, Looking for final push Kgaul 23 2,169 03-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MD_AJIBULU
  6 month Countdown to my TESC BS of Homeland Security Doctor H 3 627 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Last Post: defscarlett