Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal: BA or BS in CS or IT
I found it, I also have that option to see how many more credits do I need for some study program, the microbachelors of Computer Science Fundamentals for the BACS, ended here:

G: AOS Electives 18SH (In progress)
SH Earned: 3

Group 1 (Not started)

Group 2 (In progress)
1 COS-104 Computer Science Fundamentals 01/04/22 CR 3.00 COS-104 *NE
3 credits needed
It's not bad for only $50. 3 LL credits at SDC cost more than that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
One question about programs, how do you interpret this one:

BSBA in Computer Information Systems?

It´s a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Computer Information Systems? The degree is still in Business Administration?

By reading the forums, I understood that it could be very difficult to get this one and the BACS at the same time due to the availability of courses, right?
Yes, it's a Business Administration degree. Yes, the concentration is Computer Information Systems.

Course availability is not what makes it difficult to get when taken simultaneously with the BACS. The issue is TESU policy that makes it so TESU will try to give you a hard time when you graduate with both at the same time. It's 100% allowed. But the advisors will not be happy!

The current problem is the apparent removal of SDC courses as being applicable to the CS degree. It makes it more difficult to get the CS degree cheaply. The BSBA CIS is not really affected.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
Hi, one additional question, regarding the Google IT Support Professional Certificate from Coursera:

https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...it-support
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a378a3a

Is not a good idea to get it, in order to advance with the BACS and the BSBA/CIS?

Level Credits (SH) Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 6 Computer Information Systems
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Cybersecurity Fundamentals
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Computer Networking

Or maybe Computer Information Systems could end in the same spot as DAVAR´s CIS 315 Management Information Systems?
Or maybe it was not convenient because of the cost?
TESU only gives you 3 credits for the Coursera certificate. It comes in as CMP-202 Foundations of Info Technology. If you complete the certificate in a month, which is completely possible, it's still an inexpensive 3 credits. But it's not the recommended 12 credits.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda, Pikachu
(01-12-2022, 09:13 AM)MrPanda Wrote: Hi, one additional question, regarding the Google IT Support Professional Certificate from Coursera:

Is not a good idea to get it, in order to advance with the BACS and the BSBA/CIS?

Or maybe Computer Information Systems could end in the same spot as DAVAR´s CIS 315 Management Information Systems?

It is confirmed that Google IT comes into TESU as:
CMP-202 - Foundation of Info. Tech - CR - 3.00

That isn't much help for a TESU degree.

For SNHU, Google IT would come in as 4 courses or 12 total credits.
Did SNHU take your UOP classes?  I'm curious what those transferred in as?
Does UOP let you pick and choose what class to take?

I have done several SNHU degree plans for the wiki. I have mapped out most of the SNHU BA IT degree to around 14 courses that you would have to take at SNHU. If any UOP classes transferred in, it would be easy to get the max 90 credit transfer to SNHU for the BA IT degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-12-2022, 09:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU only gives you 3 credits for the Coursera certificate. It comes in as CMP-202 Foundations of Info Technology. If you complete the certificate in a month, which is completely possible, it's still an inexpensive 3 credits. But it's not the recommended 12 credits.

I have been clicking around to find the price per country, but I guess that I have register to the free trial first, in order to be able to see it. But I guess that it could be the same, but it only specifies $39 for USA and Canada.

Is it too heavy?

By the way, I got 47/70 in the SDC CS 302 Systems Analysis and Design, but I didn´t watch any video or read any class, only did the quizzes, and then took 9 practice exams, and checked the wrong answers. However, in this case, I don´t think I encounter more than 3 or 4 repeated questions, all were new.

(01-12-2022, 09:51 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 09:13 AM)MrPanda Wrote: Hi, one additional question, regarding the Google IT Support Professional Certificate from Coursera:

It is confirmed that Google IT comes into TESU as:
CMP-202 - Foundation of Info. Tech - CR - 3.00

That isn't much help for a TESU degree.

For SNHU, Google IT would come in as 4 courses or 12 total credits.

I have done several SNHU degree plans for the wiki. I have mapped out most of the SNHU BA IT degree to around 14 courses that you would have to take at SNHU. If any UOP classes transferred in, it would be easy to get the max 90 credit transfer to SNHU for the BA IT degree.

I filled my application with SNHU, but 3 days later they told me that the link had expired and asked me to fill it again (I filled a link the advisor sent me on a Wednesday, on a Friday night, he checked it on Tuesday), since there were may text parts that I had to fill there, and I´m not that fast writing, I didn´t do it again.
In any case, since the cost at SNHU is going to start at USD 10,000 and is going to take me maybe 2 years, since I´ll have to take it course by course, I don´t think there´s much point in going further that route.

But I could try it, so we get to know it for the future, for other people. I´ll ask again for that link for registration.

I haven´t found the SNHU plans in the wiki when i was researching there.

CSU Global recognized 50 credits, but since it was not a formal application, they didn´t tell me which courses those were.

Last term they wanted to change the system, and only put 3 suggested courses to pick from, however, in the late registration period, the suggested courses changed, and if I logged out and log in, I could get to see a few other courses offered.

(and most terms, the registration website usually takes several minutes to load when it´s the time to register, if it loads at all, at least this term it was better)

For this term, they showed me a list. So, yes, you can pick your courses, but many courses have pre-reqs.
2 courses per term, 3 courses if you have a high gpa and ask for it.
(01-12-2022, 10:45 AM)MrPanda Wrote: I have been clicking around to find the price per country, but I guess that I have register to the free trial first, in order to be able to see it. But I guess that it could be the same, but it only specifies $39 for USA and Canada.

You don't have to register to see all the videos, they are free here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...rRXbqObI3U

If you watch all the videos first, it would be easy to pass within a week before your free trial ends.

(01-12-2022, 10:45 AM)MrPanda Wrote: By the way, I got 47/70 in the SDC CS 302 Systems Analysis and Design, but I didn´t watch any video or read any class, only did the quizzes, and then took 9 practice exams, and checked the wrong answers. However, in this case, I don´t think I encounter more than 3 or 4 repeated questions, all were new.

"I got 47/70"???  It's impossible to fail that course.  You get 3 tries for each quiz, you need to keep your quiz score near 100% to make it easy to pass the course.  You need a better understanding of how the SDC grading system works so review the syllabus.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
I think it's $39 everywhere for Coursera. They just don't want to create something that shows yen, pesos, euros, etc. It's just easier to say $39 and let everyone else deal with the currency conversion.

Most of the course is pretty easy. If you're knowledgeable, you can skip most of the videos and just take the quizzes and do the labs. People have done the entire thing during the free trial week, but I think that 1 month is more reasonable.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my ultimate goal is Ed.D HELP FROM THE BEGINNING izzyfizzy850 8 294 04-17-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BA CS & BSBA CIS Goal Pach 34 2,622 09-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Pach
Rainbow BA in Social Science. GOAL: get a degree in Technology irkas94 2 597 11-26-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Degree plan Charter Oak with goal of Georgia Tech OMSCS StudentOLife 22 5,384 07-30-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife