Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal: BA or BS in CS or IT
That's great... I would recommend adding that AOS, or if you've got many marketing credits, you can go for the CIS & Entrepreneurship dual AOS, then add the Cert in Operations Management. Entrepreneurship and International Business are the only two AOS that doesn't offer a cert option at TESU... for best bang for the buck, adding an AOS or certs for 'free' are awesome ROI/Value.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrPanda
(05-01-2022, 07:47 PM)MrPanda Wrote: Now, I would need to know if I just take Project Management at Saylor, or if it´s worthy to take the Project Managament Certificate - Google via Coursera.

I would recommend doing the Coursera certificate over Saylor. The Coursera certificate may have some marginal value in the job market, PLUS you get 9 credits for what sounds like less work than doing a single Saylor course. Assuming you can finish in a month, which sounds doable, 9 credits for $39 is a steal!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
CSU Pueblo told me that I can register to courses in Independt Study if I want to.
I mentioned that I was a non-US citizen and that I don´t live in the US.
They say that they plan to add an "International Student" option at registration, but that I can just pick any option, that it won´t matter.
I was not asked about TOEFL or transcripts from an English speaking country.

So CSU Pueblo could be useful for any international student.
[-] The following 2 users Like MrPanda's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
The following courses from Study.com:

Philosophy 101: Intro to Philosophy (v.2)
Humanities 101: Intro to the Humanities

Filled the following spots in TESU BA in CS:

C: KNOWLDG HUMAN CULTRS

[Image: spots-humanities-studycom.png]
(07-29-2022, 08:02 PM)MrPanda Wrote: The following courses from Study.com:

You can email TESU advising if certain courses will meet certain requirements before taking those courses.

You can also ask advising to plan your courses to your degree plans so they will go in the spots you want when you submit your transcript.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-29-2022, 08:02 PM)MrPanda Wrote: The following courses from Study.com:

Different people will have different spots filled, depending on what they already have, what their degree is, etc.  Knowing the course equivalency is the best info, and that's already listed on Study.com's website: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I took those courses when I was thinking that I was going to SNHU.

Well, if it helps me to feel any spot, it´s okay.

I´ll have a bit more free time for the next two weeks, so I hope to be able to advance with edX, Coursera Project Management and Saylor.

By the way, I completed 2 Xamk courses and at first, I got this transcript:

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2022-07-30-191036-xamk-finnish.png]
Then I asked if they could send me one that said "Language of instruction: English", and then they sent it:

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2022-07-30-191008.png]
From TESU´s Website:

"Applicants who are a citizen of a country where English is not the native language must either:

Submit official results from either the iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), either the Academic or General Training exam, to the Registrar. At minimum, TOEFL scores should be 79 on the Internet-based test (iBT). At minimum, the IELTS score should be 6.5. Students are responsible for taking either the TOEFL or IELTS and having the official scores sent to the Office of the Registrar at Thomas Edison State University by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
    -OR-
    Must provide documentation of 9 semester credit hours (not including ESL or developmental courses) with a C or better at an accredited/approved college or university in a country where English is the medium of instruction by submitting this form."

Source: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

I think that the "9 semester credit hours with a C or better at an accredited  college or university" condition was not there before.

Now, if I´m understanding correctly, could I just get my 3 RA courses, and then apply to TESU, without spending in the TOEFL exam.

Finite Math at ONU would be one.

I need to check what would be the best idea for the other 2 courses.

Maybe Calculus II at NMJC, but I wrote to them, and I didn´t get any answer.

Maybe there´s something at CSU Pueblo.

We´ll see Smile
I forget, do you already have English Comp? If not, I'd do that at ONU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-05-2022, 03:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I forget, do you already have English Comp? If not, I'd do that at ONU.

No, I don´t have English Comp.

I think that it´s a good idea to practice English Comp in any case.

I´ll check it. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my ultimate goal is Ed.D HELP FROM THE BEGINNING izzyfizzy850 8 287 04-17-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BA CS & BSBA CIS Goal Pach 34 2,614 09-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Pach
Rainbow BA in Social Science. GOAL: get a degree in Technology irkas94 2 595 11-26-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Degree plan Charter Oak with goal of Georgia Tech OMSCS StudentOLife 22 5,369 07-30-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife