Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate PreReqs
I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

Sent from my SM-G973U using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(11-30-2020, 10:19 PM)RoyalSpade Wrote: I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

NationsU. It's like $1,000 for a semester and offers credits. Not sure if Liberty would take them, as Nations is NA and Liberty is RA
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • RoyalSpade
Have you done it?

Have you done it?
(11-30-2020, 11:56 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 10:19 PM)RoyalSpade Wrote: I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

NationsU. It's like $1,000 for a semester and offers credits. Not sure if Liberty would take them, as Nations is NA and Liberty is RA

I haven't, though some people here have tried. I've been tempted, but I don't need a religious degree for anything I'm working on
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

I cannot speak for the admission requirements or the Doctorate program transfer credit policy, but in general LU will take some NaitonsU master level credits. I am finishing up the MTS program with NationsU, but I was considering transferring to LU at one time and was able to transfer some credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,047 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 873 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,167 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,466 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,612 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 646 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,538 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,355 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 461 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM