Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Has Anyone Tried Modern States?
bghill Wrote:I got this email from Modern States today:

"Have you registered for your CLEP exam, yet? As a reminder, the voucher that I provided you with expires 6/30/2017.
Let me know if you have any questions."

So it may be that the free voucher thing will end on June 30 (unless they're just going to change codes at that point).

Once you email them that you are ready to take an exam they send you a voucher code to take the free test. That code they send you to register with clep expires within a couple of months I believe I think thats all that they are saying. I received that email yesterday as well. I've been sitting on my free code actually had already signed up thru the clep portal with my code have the test ticket thru clep for my first ticket and that ticket says it doesnt expire till end of November
Oh, and I can confirm that you can get more than one voucher = potentially multiple free CLEPs.
I have purchased 5 CLEPs using their vouchers.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

All fantastic information, I am going to try the Business Law course as well. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
I've done 2 cleps thru them now. Composition modular and US History 1.
Has anyone actually gotten their reimbursement from Modern States yet?

I requested another voucher, and got a reply from Whitney that they were currently out of vouchers, but would reimburse me if I paid for the CLEP myself. However, I haven't yet gotten any reimbursement for the proctoring fee from my first CLEP. So being the suspicious type, I am just double-checking if people have actually gotten money out of Modern States.
They gave me vouchers for the first 3 tests I took. I haven't gotten reimbursed for one of the testing fees and I've failed to send in to try to get reimbursed on the other 2 test center fees.
On following up with Whitney, the word on the vouchers is:
"We are waiting for the College Board to send us our next bulk order. We expect to have them by mid-June/July. We are offering CLEP vouchers for the foreseeable future."

So, I think I'll just delay taking the CLEP until Modern States has gotten their next batch of vouchers.
bghill Wrote:On following up with Whitney, the word on the vouchers is:
"We are waiting for the College Board to send us our next bulk order. We expect to have them by mid-June/July. We are offering CLEP vouchers for the foreseeable future."

So, I think I'll just delay taking the CLEP until Modern States has gotten their next batch of vouchers.

I've come to the realization that cleps stress me out have only passed 2 of the 4 I've ever taken failed 1 by 1 point and the other by 5 points im going to focus on straighterline and study.com for the time being
This is awesome and every person should do this if legit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 382 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 398 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 399 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,149 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free College Is Now a Reality in Nearly 30 States LevelUP 13 1,577 04-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 953 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  States refuse to fund higher ed? List from top to bottom Life Long Learning 13 1,748 10-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help - Modern States Question evsimoian 7 4,759 06-18-2020, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Giantzebra
  In-state tuition at NMJC through WUE (for residents of some Western states) wow 3 1,485 01-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Modern State web page down? jdfan14 2 1,216 09-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: jdfan14