Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me come up with a course plan, please!
Hi everyone!

So I'm "new" to this and would really really love some help developing a plan of action of what courses/exams I should take to fulfill a Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting through Excelsior. I've been researching this for about a month now and have been itching to get a start on it. I get the concept but I just need a little hand-holding on which CLEP exams or which online credit transfer platforms I should use to fulfill the bachelor's degree. Thank you and I would greatly appreciate it!!!  Heart
(11-08-2019, 10:39 PM)sweetnava Wrote: Hi everyone!

So I'm "new" to this and would really really love some help developing a plan of action of what courses/exams I should take to fulfill a Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting through Excelsior. I've been researching this for about a month now and have been itching to get a start on it. I get the concept but I just need a little hand-holding on which CLEP exams or which online credit transfer platforms I should use to fulfill the bachelor's degree. Thank you and I would greatly appreciate it!!!  Heart

I would 100% do TESU rather than Excelsior. 

You can knock out all your upper division units between Study.com and TESU's Tax TECEP.  At Excelsior they have much more extensive upper division requirements....

I would do Micro Econ, Marketing and Intro to Accounting/Finance at Onlinedegree.com. These costs $9 each to exam.

I did Managerial Accounting at Saylor and the Financial Accounting CLEP but I think the onlinedegree course gets you credit for Financial Accounting.

I did Managerial Communication & Principles of Finance at Davar.

I did Intermediate Acct I and II, Advanced Accounting, Cost Accounting and Applied Managerial Accoutning at Study.com

I will do Business Law, Macro Econ, Math, International business and Principles of Management at Study.com when my next month starts up.

The only other CLEP I tried other than Financial Accounting was Micro Econ and I failed. Maybe I'll try the Management CLEP to save the $70 at Study.com....
Also Cosc and wgu are cheaper and potentially faster than tesu or excelsior.

Before we help you with a plan:

1. What do you value most speed? Cost? Other?

2. Do you have any prior credits and if so what are they?

3. Would you rather have your whole grade based on an single exam or are would you like a bunch of smaller quizzes as well?

And finally why do you want want a degree?
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • akr680
(11-09-2019, 02:42 PM)natshar Wrote: Also Cosc and wgu are cheaper and potentially faster than tesu or excelsior.

Before we help you with a plan:

1. What do you value most speed? Cost? Other?

2. Do you have any prior credits and if so what are they?

3. Would you rather have your whole grade based on an single exam or are would you like a bunch of smaller quizzes as well?

And finally why do you want want a degree?

Out of the Big 3 & WGU:
 - COSC doesn't have an Accounting concentration, so that's out
 - EC is not ACBSP-accredited, while TESU & WGU are
 - EC is the same price as TESU now, so that's out
 - I would go with WGU or TESU, depending on what you already have and how much it will cost and how long it will take you to finish between those 2
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think that TESU allowing you to test out of all your Uppers is a huge advantage as that drastically reduces the time you will spend doing writing busywork....I was originally planning on Excelsior, but I didn't do enough research. Thanks to the forum members here, I will have all the credits knocked out except the Capstone by the end of the year. I started after October 1.

I already have a bachelor's degree though so I should have the cornerstone and some other stuff waived.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Payment Plan Robinred2404 3 228 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,076 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Plan for EU BSBA memyselfni 6 1,099 05-16-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 4 814 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior business degree plan desireelws50 7 1,395 11-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is this a reasonable Excelsior study plan? ninod 0 1,214 01-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: ninod
  Excelsior Degree Plan - questions on UL credit sources EducationSeeker 15 4,833 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ddillenberger
  Where can i find Excelsior full plan and requisites for BSBA? cecilgambe7 1 1,154 07-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior BS Psychology Degree Plan harrypotter 1 1,431 07-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ECE Degree plan no previous credits jody28 4 1,282 03-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Last Post: jody28