Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly looking for Easy/Casual School
How do I put this...
I'm retired, not working, planned on working but at this point no one would hire me not even me, due to medical issues I'm in and out of the hospital usually bi-weekly and housebound.
I have one year on my GI Bill left. And I was initial shooting for good schools etc, but after my medical issue worsen I gave up.

So for fun I'm learning how to do stocks and stuff.  As stated I have one year left on my GI Bill, which means, one year of paid education and about 1k housing payment a month while attending school which I intend to save up and build on the college saving I have set up for my son.

You got the background now I need help. I searched the forums and found the colleges listed below that would take roughly 90 credits of a previous degree {I have a bachelors). For example I ran my credits through Franklin University transfer system and it showed that I would be able to complete a bachelors in Finance (finance is what I'm after) in 15 months, 12 if I take on extra course twice towards the end of the year.

So taking that in my I'm guessing I would have similar results with schools below if all of them take national and regionally accredit course credits (Franklin and SNHU do not sure on the rest).

Finally, what I need and I'm being honest here. Which school would technically be the easiest? I don't mine discussion boards, would not prefer group projects since medically I wouldn't be around consistently to assist and don't want to be carried. I'm fine with papers would want to stir away from proctored exams. So if you're able to put them in order from the most easiest of the college I would greatly appropriate it. And if you know any general knowledge about the schools coursework/process I would also appreciate that. Thanks!

CSU-Global, Franklin University, Granite State College, , SNHU,SUNY-Empire, University of Maryland Global Campus, Upper IowaUniversity, Wilmington University, Purdue University Global
What was your previous degree in? Does this one really need to be Finance specifically? If your previous degree was a BALS or some other non-business degree, perhaps a non-finance business degree would work? It's hard to beat UMPI for ease of completion. https://online.umpi.edu/programs/

I know you said you'd prefer to stay away from proctored exams, but if you only have the one degree, TESU would probably be the easiest way to get an actual finance degree, to be honest. You would skip the gen ed requirements, which means you would only have to worry about the AOS (Area of Study): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

To take full advantage of your GI bill, you'd do at least 5 courses + the BSBA capstone with TESU. I would suggest taking advantage of as many Davar classes as possible. With their "Business Class" subscription, it works out to be about $65 per course/exam when you use RPNow as a proctor. This is cheaper than Study.com! Or, if you can find someone local to supervise your exams for free (some libraries can do this), the courses would be just $49 each.

Or, since you already have a degree, what about a Master's degree from somewhere?

Purdue sounds like it has a LOT of papers. Like, seriously, so many papers. Though I don't know if that's in the ExcelTrack or just the regular classes. SNHU has a reputation for being extremely difficult (though I can't remember why). CSU Global, similarly, doesn't sound like an "Easy" university. I think ss20ts took some courses there? Not sure about The SUNY system seems like a hassle to deal with. Not sure about the rest of the schools.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Does it have to be a bachelor degree? If you already have a bachelor, maybe a MBA or MS Management & Leadership degree from WGU could work for you.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(11-18-2021, 04:49 PM)rachel83az Wrote: What was your previous degree in? Does this one really need to be Finance specifically? If your previous degree was a BALS or some other non-business degree, perhaps a non-finance business degree would work? It's hard to beat UMPI for ease of completion. https://online.umpi.edu/programs/

I know you said you'd prefer to stay away from proctored exams, but if you only have the one degree, TESU would probably be the easiest way to get an actual finance degree, to be honest. You would skip the gen ed requirements, which means you would only have to worry about the AOS (Area of Study): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

To take full advantage of your GI bill, you'd do at least 5 courses + the BSBA capstone with TESU. I would suggest taking advantage of as many Davar classes as possible. With their "Business Class" subscription, it works out to be about $65 per course/exam when you use RPNow as a proctor. This is cheaper than Study.com! Or, if you can find someone local to supervise your exams for free (some libraries can do this), the courses would be just $49 each.

Or, since you already have a degree, what about a Master's degree from somewhere?

Purdue sounds like it has a LOT of papers. Like, seriously, so many papers. Though I don't know if that's in the ExcelTrack or just the regular classes. SNHU has a reputation for being extremely difficult (though I can't remember why). CSU Global, similarly, doesn't sound like an "Easy" university. I think ss20ts took some courses there? Not sure about The SUNY system seems like a hassle to deal with. Not sure about the rest of the schools.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. My previous bachelors is in Information Technology. And I wanted Finance degree inorder to still learn something. Currently attempting to teach myself stock trading.  And I want to expend my GI bill which will give me roughly1k a month extra income which I'm saving for my son's college. So that's roughly 12k added to his college fund. I just want a casual college though nothing to challenging. As stated in the opening I'm really am "un-hireable" due to medical.

But the UMPI Business concentration in Accounting looks interesting. How difficult are the courses? Coursework? Proctor Exam? Discussion boards? Etc?

And I wouldn't have mind a master but I couldn't find any that was roughly a year completion time, in finance, and honestly dirt easy. Again I'm retired military with a few medical issues one main one being a TBI injury and over the years my brain isn't what it use to be. But if I can get an easy degree just to burn out my gi bill and use that extra income for my son it'll be worth it. But if i fail a course I have to pay for it out of pocket and that's something I really need to avoid.

Thank you.
Where did you get your BSIT from? I guess it's from a Nationally accredited college/university as you mentioned NA/RA. If you're looking for Competency Based, you can go for Purdue/Walden/WGU in Business. If you're looking at taking courses and transferring them in, Excelsior, and COSC/TESU if the courses for transfer are mainly RA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
UMPI's courses are mostly single papers. Sometimes projects (such as a spreadsheet for an accounting class, or something like that). A few courses have exams. You can avoid the exams if you'd rather not take them by sticking to classes that only have papers or projects. No discussion boards.

For your specific situation, the best thing about UMPI, IMO, is that you can easily burn up your GI bill by adding another minor or concentration to add more classes. So, if you finish in 6 months (which is totally possible, even at a slow pace), you could add another set of classes and keep on going for another 6 months. If you find that the Accounting classes are too difficult, you can switch to a different degree with little difficulty.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
I'm going to agree with rachel83az on UMPI. You can do any degree, with any number of minors added on. You can also just join study.com and get some finance courses for "fun." Meaning you don't even have to take the final exams, just learn the material. That's only $60/mo. There are probably tons of finance courses/material on the internet, or on MOOC platforms like edX, Udemy, etc. Not sure you'd even have to pay to learn the info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-18-2021, 05:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Where did you get your BSIT from?  I guess it's from a Nationally accredited college/university as you mentioned NA/RA.  If you're looking for Competency Based, you can go for Purdue/Walden/WGU in Business.  If you're looking at taking courses and transferring them in, Excelsior, and COSC/TESU if the courses for transfer are mainly RA.

(11-18-2021, 05:49 PM)rachel83az Wrote: UMPI's courses are mostly single papers. Sometimes projects (such as a spreadsheet for an accounting class, or something like that). A few courses have exams. You can avoid the exams if you'd rather not take them by sticking to classes that only have papers or projects. No discussion boards.  

For your specific situation, the best thing about UMPI, IMO, is that you can easily burn up your GI bill by adding another minor or concentration to add more classes. So, if you finish in 6 months (which is totally possible, even at a slow pace), you could add another set of classes and keep on going for another 6 months. If you find that the Accounting classes are too difficult, you can switch to a different degree with little difficulty.

My bachelors is from Columbia Southern University a National Accredited university. And my associated was in Criminal Justice which is a mix of Air Force credits and regionally accredited course I once took on base.

And I'm looking at UMPI website, there's nothing mentioned for Military/GI Bill. Usually information like that is plastered on the front page. But I would like to attempted that bachelors in accounting (doubt I could pull it off) if not the business version. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask about the gi bill and the process. And yes I would like to avoid classes with proctored exams I can write papers all day and not break a sweat. So I'll give them a shot. Thanks you!!!!
(11-18-2021, 06:03 PM)Unistic Wrote: My bachelors is from Columbia Southern University a National Accredited university. And my associated was in Criminal Justice which is a mix of Air Force credits and regionally accredited course I once took on base.

And I'm looking at UMPI website, there's nothing mentioned for Military/GI Bill. Usually information like that is plastered on the front page. But I would like to attempted that bachelors in accounting (doubt I could pull it off) if not the business version. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask about the gi bill and the process. And yes I would like to avoid classes with proctored exams I can write papers all day and not break a sweat. So I'll give them a shot. Thanks you!!!!

Please don't call UMPI. The downside of UMPI is that the pre-enrollment process is handled by some sort of call center. They don't really know what they're talking about. Unfortunately. Everyone else seems to be great! ss20ts and/or ashkir should be able to provide information on what you should do, who to contact.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-18-2021, 06:08 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 06:03 PM)Unistic Wrote: My bachelors is from Columbia Southern University a National Accredited university. And my associated was in Criminal Justice which is a mix of Air Force credits and regionally accredited course I once took on base.

Please don't call UMPI. The downside of UMPI is that the pre-enrollment process is handled by some sort of call center. They don't really know what they're talking about. Unfortunately. Everyone else seems to be great! ss20ts and/or ashkir should be able to provide information on what you should do, who to contact.

Thank you! I did find out that when you "apply" on the application for YourPace, they ask if you're prior military and if you're using your benefits. So thank you. I'm going to find more information on the actual course work required for majority of the classes or someone here want to offer more. But this might be the best path to burn up my last year of the Gi Bill and save the money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,219 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Masters With What School? learningthehardway 43 3,873 08-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Kibo School Bsc Comp Sci? FrHaseKopf 2 710 07-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: FrHaseKopf
  Any cheap and easy Associates Degrees? learningthehardway 2 1,364 05-29-2022, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ridiculously Easy Associates Degree - Purdue University Global xicovu 72 16,818 01-25-2022, 04:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits spencydub 17 2,604 12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Big Three -> B/M School MrWileyCoyote 5 1,315 04-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How different are capstones from school to school? suzycupcake 16 3,297 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Big 3 to Lawyer/Law School in CA - Feedback Requested slaterjack 10 3,264 03-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Which school, if any, would be best for applying to a top 20 grad school? cstobler 9 1,702 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student