Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many courses can I expect to complete in a session?
Hi! I'm starting UMPI tomorrow and am wondering what to expect when it comes to course length and difficulty. I'll be doing the BA in History and Political Science with the History concentration. For background, last month I graduated with my BSBA from WGU in Management. I was able to finish that program in about 4.5 months, completing 96 credits. I just wanted to ask if I could expect a similar rate of acceleration with UMPI. As it stands, I have 13 courses to complete in the program. I believe I am familiar with most of the class material (based on the course descriptions at least) and will be able to spend as much time on the program as I need to, as right now I'm a full time student. Would it be reasonable to plan to complete the degree in one session? Thanks!  Big Grin
(03-14-2021, 08:39 PM)foxotix Wrote: Hi! I'm starting UMPI tomorrow and am wondering what to expect when it comes to course length and difficulty. I'll be doing the BA in History and Political Science with the History concentration. For background, last month I graduated with my BSBA from WGU in Management. I was able to finish that program in about 4.5 months, completing 96 credits. I just wanted to ask if I could expect a similar rate of acceleration with UMPI. As it stands, I have 13 courses to complete in the program. I believe I am familiar with most of the class material (based on the course descriptions at least) and will be able to spend as much time on the program as I need to, as right now I'm a full time student. Would it be reasonable to plan to complete the degree in one session? Thanks!  Big Grin
I only did 2 first term and 3 second term but if you did that much at wgu you’ll probably go faster than me lol. None of us can probably guess if you’ll need one session or not only.
I did 13 in ONE term!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-14-2021, 08:39 PM)foxotix Wrote: Hi! I'm starting UMPI tomorrow and am wondering what to expect when it comes to course length and difficulty. I'll be doing the BA in History and Political Science with the History concentration. For background, last month I graduated with my BSBA from WGU in Management. I was able to finish that program in about 4.5 months, completing 96 credits. I just wanted to ask if I could expect a similar rate of acceleration with UMPI. As it stands, I have 13 courses to complete in the program. I believe I am familiar with most of the class material (based on the course descriptions at least) and will be able to spend as much time on the program as I need to, as right now I'm a full time student. Would it be reasonable to plan to complete the degree in one session? Thanks!  Big Grin

If you don't mind me asking, why are you doing a UMPI BA in History and Political Science after completing a WGU BSBA degree?

btw: I am not judging because I am starting my second bachelors tomorrow, for me, its about licensing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
You did 96 credits in 4.5 months, so take that 96 by 4.5 and you get 21 credits a month. The program at UMPI is 12 weeks/$1400, so that would be 3 months. You can get up to 90 credits transfer and do 30 remaining credits. If that is the case, I would say, yeah - you can probably finish the entire 1 year in 1 term of 3 months for a whopping $1400 and change... hmm, I bet that was cheaper than WGU. BUT WHY UMPI FOR HISTORY?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2021, 12:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You did 96 credits in 4.5 months, so take that 96 by 4.5 and you get 21 credits a month.  The program at UMPI is 12 weeks/$1400, so that would be 3 months.  You can get up to 90 credits transfer and do 30 remaining credits.  If that is the case, I would say, yeah - you can probably finish the entire 1 year in 1 term of 3 months for a whopping $1400 and change... hmm, I bet that was cheaper than WGU.  BUT WHY UMPI FOR HISTORY?

UMPI is $1400 for 8 weeks. They have 6 terms a year.
Oops, I got UMPI mixed with Walden, Walden is 3 months or 12 weeks. OK, I am willing to guess OP can still "handle" 30 remaining credits in one term of 8 weeks if they did that many credits at WGU within 4.5 months. Here's hoping it can be done... we will see... slaving away at crunching credits for 2 months will be rewarding!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-14-2021, 10:46 PM)ashkir Wrote: I did 13 in ONE term!

The 13 credits in one term, were any of them UL?

Also, can you advise a strategy to complete those many credits in one term?
(03-15-2021, 01:04 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 10:46 PM)ashkir Wrote: I did 13 in ONE term!

The 13 credits in one term, were any of them UL?

Also, can you advise a strategy to complete those many credits in one term?

He did a bunch of UL. His experience is not the norm UMPI will tell you. When I enrolled last August, I was told 10 courses was the most anyone had completed in 1 term at that time. ashkir has a lot of experience that went towards those classes. So a lot of the material was a review for him. His original plan was for 3-4 terms, but he'll be done in 2.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • crotique
(03-15-2021, 12:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You did 96 credits in 4.5 months, so take that 96 by 4.5 and you get 21 credits a month.  The program at UMPI is 12 weeks/$1400, so that would be 3 months.  You can get up to 90 credits transfer and do 30 remaining credits.  If that is the case, I would say, yeah - you can probably finish the entire 1 year in 1 term of 3 months for a whopping $1400 and change... hmm, I bet that was cheaper than WGU.  BUT WHY UMPI FOR HISTORY?

When I initially started college, I wanted to do either political science or history as a major but it didn’t seem practical and was gonna be way too expensive. I floundered around at a community college for about a year just taking gen eds, and transferred to WGU when I found out about it. UMPI was the only History CBE I was able to find online.

(03-14-2021, 11:20 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you doing a UMPI BA in History and Political Science after completing a WGU BSBA degree?

btw: I am not judging because I am starting my second bachelors tomorrow, for me, its about licensing.
I originally wanted to major in History, but a four year was too expensive straight out of high school. I really only went to WGU to get a bachelors out of the way, and planned to transfer to a BM university as a second degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 931 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,420 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 850 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Trouble getting accurate/complete degree audit? umpiiiii15 6 574 01-22-2024, 11:37 AM
  UMPI Courses Question lala25 6 1,140 01-03-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Has anyone taken non-degree courses at UMPI as a pathway to get entry into UMPI? FM1 13 882 12-18-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: FM1
  Besides courses in the degree plan do you have to take courses at UMPI like capstone? whiverem 7 916 11-08-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com vs UMPI courses - any bad Study.com to avoid? SCM101 5 805 10-19-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: SCM101
  How many UL credits to complete at UMPI? RachelB 7 753 09-28-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Easy 300 Level Courses Hwt673 2 723 09-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Hwt673