Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much left to walk at Excelsior?
Hey...does anyone know how many credits you can have left to graduate to walk across stage at graduation? I want to walk this July, but I'm 12 credits short of graduation!
Ronin Smile
[COLOR="Blue"]

What's left:

Excelsior Ethics exam

BSB Excelsior College Cool

[/COLOR]
Two years ago I was told....ZERO; I was down to only needing 2 math credits too.....Sad
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Ronin Wrote:Hey...does anyone know how many credits you can have left to graduate to walk across stage at graduation? I want to walk this July, but I'm 12 credits short of graduation!
Credits??? $250.00 probably gets you a reserved seat in the front row. They are always asking for money. I rec'd my Associates from them and they keep in contact like a long lost uncle. You'd think I'd come into money. Good luck Ronin, hope you get what your looking for. PS. I grew up close to there, don't walk around with change, the chinging attracts the wildlife.
Personally, (and this is my own opinion) I don't think ANYONE should walk unless they FINISH their degree. I've never understood walking when you are 9, 12, or even 2 credits short. You haven't earned your degree yet.

I work with a fella that is attending Univeristy of Phoenix. Last June, he walked in the Graduation Ceremony at Ford Field in Detroit. He was 9 credits short. Guess what......it is now March and he is STILL 9 credits short.

Hopefully I'll finish mine by the end of April or mid-May. If I do not make the cutoff, so be it. I'll walk in 2009 then.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:Personally, (and this is my own opinion) I don't think ANYONE should walk unless they FINISH their degree. I've never understood walking when you are 9, 12, or even 2 credits short. You haven't earned your degree yet.

I work with a fella that is attending Univeristy of Phoenix. Last June, he walked in the Graduation Ceremony at Ford Field in Detroit. He was 9 credits short. Guess what......it is now March and he is STILL 9 credits short.

Hopefully I'll finish mine by the end of April or mid-May. If I do not make the cutoff, so be it. I'll walk in 2009 then.
I agree, I wouldn't feel like I earned it, hey, I didn't earn it. That should be for the "collective sigh" group. You haven't sighed yet!
I understand and can see your point. Really, the walk (at least to me) is secondary to getting the degree. It means a lot to some and I can understand that, to me I just want to sit back once I get it. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I'm tired from school and just look forward to being done. I'm older and that may be why also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malcolm Nance: Excelsior BA to Cable News Star to Fighting for Ukraine Jonathan Whatley 9 875 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Obituary for former Excelsior English adjunct Sparklette 0 627 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,634 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Walk at graduation? amberwalk 8 2,299 08-30-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: MSK9
  Books for Sale! Excelsior CCS 120 EI2HCB 1 1,328 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  HELP! Excelsior's phone is disconnected and e-mails from AOL are coming back P00057870 6 2,073 01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  *facepalm* Excelsior says I need two more classes rickyjo 26 3,872 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Post: creative
  This Excelsior Alum... april004 9 1,809 11-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: taylor
  Soon Excelsior will reach the subconscious minds april004 23 4,214 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  No Child Left Behind? Professor_Adam 10 1,827 01-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Last Post: studyhard