Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Completely Test Out of TESC Degrees
Let me know if I'm missing anything or got anything wrong. I'm planning on doing a plan for the BA in Social Science. I don't even know if it's necessary to do one for the BA in Liberal Studies. Hopefully, I can get these degree plans posted on Dcan's wiki.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA in Psychology.docx (Size: 10.77 KB / Downloads: 2)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BSBA in General Management.docx (Size: 11.79 KB / Downloads: 2)
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Here is the plan for the BA in Social Science. Let me know if you need the files in .doc instead of .docx. Remember that only 6 credits at the 100-level are allowed in the area of study with the exception of the BSBA.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA in Social Science.docx (Size: 11.64 KB / Downloads: 3)
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I just noticed I need to further breakdown the BSBA and clarify something on the BA in Social Science. I'll post the corrections when I have time.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Thanks for the information, I've been thinking of doing these plus Liberal Arts, so I looked at TESC 's site and I called but the individual I spoke with wasn't very helpful. So i called on another day ans was told I COULDN'T test out completely O_o
TESC advisors aren't the brightest. As of now, there are no capstones in the above programs that have to be taken at TESC. That might change next month, though.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I updated and revised all of the degree plans. I even added Natural Sciences/Mathematics.

Edit: I added a test to the Natural Science plan.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA in Psychology.docx (Size: 11.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA in Social Science.docx (Size: 12.14 KB / Downloads: 3)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BSBA in General Management.docx (Size: 12.46 KB / Downloads: 2)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA in Natural Sciences and Mathematics.docx (Size: 11.64 KB / Downloads: 2)
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Tell me what you think of these degree plans. They are much more organized in the documents.

BA in Psychology
Maximum of 6 credits in 100-level courses and minimum of 18 credits in 300/400-level aka upper-level courses, which includes required capstone.
Required Courses
Introduction to Psychology: CLEP, ECE, and Straighterline
Statistics: DSST, Straighterline, ALEKS, and UExcel
Experimental Psychology: ECE (Research Methods in Psychology; UL)
Psychology Elective Options
DSST Organizational Behavior (UL)
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling (transcribed as PSY 331)
DSST or ECE Lifespan Developmental Psychology
DSST Substance Abuse (UL)
CLEP Introduction to Educational Psychology
CLEP Human Growth and Development (duplicates DSST Lifespan Developmental Psychology)
ECE Abnormal Psychology (UL)
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging (UL)
ECE Social Psychology (UL)
TECEP Psychology of Women
Straighterline Organizational Behavior
Required Liberal Arts Capstone (UL)
Note: You may be able to find cheap and self-paced Penn Foster courses to fulfill these areas as long as they are currently ACE-approved.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
BA in Social Science
Area of Study (Choose at least 3 Different Subjects: minimum 12 in one subject, maximum 18 in one subject. Maximum of 6 credits in 100-level courses and minimum of 18 credits in 300/400-level aka upper-level courses, which includes required capstone.)
Psychology: DSST Fundamentals of Counseling (transcribed as PSY 331), DSST Lifespan Developmental Psychology, DSST Organizational Behavior (UL), CLEP Introductory Psychology, CLEP Educational Psychology, CLEP Human Growth and Development, ECE Lifespan Developmental Psychology, ECE Abnormal Psychology (UL), ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging (UL), ECE Social Psychology (UL), ECE Research Methods in Psychology (UL), UExcel Introduction to Psychology, Straighterline Organizational Behavior, Straighterline Introduction to Psychology, and TECEP Psychology of Women.
Economics: DSST Money and Banking, CLEP Principles of Microeconomics, CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics, ECE Introduction to Microeconomics, ECE Introduction to Macroeconomics, Straighterline Microeconomics, and Straighterline Macroeconomics
Geography: DSST Human/Cultural Geography
Political Science: CLEP American Government, UExcel Political Science, and TECEP Introduction to Political Science
Anthropology: DSST General Anthropology
Social Science: DSST Substance Abuse (UL), CLEP Social Sciences and History (6 credits)
History: DSST Western Europe Since 1945, DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction, DSST An Introduction to the Modern Middle East (UL), DSST A History of the Vietnam War (UL), DSST Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (UL), CLEP Western Civilization I, CLEP Western Civilization II, CLEP History of the United States I, CLEP History of the United States II, ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 (UL), Straighterline Western Civilization I, and Straighterline US History I
Administration of Justice: DSST Introduction to Law Enforcement, DSST Criminal Justice, and Straighterline Introduction to Criminal Justice
Sociology: CLEP Introduction Sociology, TECEP Marriage and the Family, UExcel Introduction to Sociology, ECE Cultural Diversity (UL), ECE Foundations of Gerontology, ECE Juvenile Delinquency (UL), ECE World Population (UL), and Straighterline Introduction to Sociology
Note: You may be able to find cheap and self-paced Penn Foster courses to fulfill these areas as long as they are currently ACE-approved.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
BSBA in General Management
Humanities Requirement Specific to BSBA
Managerial Business Communications: Straighterline (Business Communications)
Social Science Requirements Specific to BSBA
Macroeconomics: Straighterline and CLEP
Microeconomics: Straighterline and CLEP
Math Requirements Specific to BSBA
Precalculus or Quantitative Analysis: ALEKS (Trigonometry or Precalculus), Straighterline, and CLEP
Principles of Statistics: DSST, Straighterline, ALEKS, and UExcel
Business Core
Principles of Finance: DSST
Business Law: CLEP (Introductory Business Law), DSST Business Law II
Business in Society or International Management: TECEP or DSST (Business Ethics and Society)
Business Policy: TECEP (Strategic Management), (not a test or Straighterline, but self-paced and cheap) Penn Foster Strategic Management (as long as it’s currently ACE-approved)
Computer Requirement: CLEP (Information Systems and Computer Applications) or DSST (Introduction to Computing or Management Information Systems)
Introduction to Marketing: CLEP
Principles of Financial Accounting: DSST, CLEP, ECE, or Straighterline (Accounting I)
Principles of Managerial Accounting: ECE or Straighterline (Accounting II)
Principles of Management: CLEP
Area of Study Options (Credits must be in at least three areas out of Accounting, Management, Finance, and Marketing.)
DSST Management Information Systems
DSST Money and Banking
DSST or ECE Organizational Behavior
DSST or ECE Human Resource Management
ECE Labor Relations
Straighterline Managerial Accounting (transcribed as Cost Accounting)
Straighterline Business Ethics? (might duplicate DSST Business Ethics and Society)
Straighterline Organizational Behavior
TECEP Federal Income Taxation
TECEP Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
TECEP Financial Institutions and Markets
TECEP Marketing Communications
TECEP Sales Management
TECEP Advertising
TECEP Operations Management
Business Elective Options
DSST or Straighterline Introduction to Business
DSST Business Mathematics
DSST Principles of Supervision (?)
DSST Business Law II (if not already used for Business Law requirement)
Any other business test or Straighterline course listed above and not used.
Note: Don’t know what’s going to be done with Straighterline Financial Accounting.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
This one is not as precise. It's based on searches of the PLA database and some past postings I've read.

BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics
Area of Study 33 Credits: Must include 3 different subjects with a minimum of 12 in one subject and a maximum of 18 in one subject.
100-level courses (maximum of 6 credits): DSST Astronomy, DSST Introduction to Computing, DSST Physical Geology, DSST Fundamentals of College Algebra?, DSST Principals of Physical Science, CLEP Biology (6 credits), CLEP Chemistry (6 credits), CLEP College Mathematics (6 credits)?, CLEP College Algebra, CLEP Pre-Calculus, CLEP Natural Sciences (6 credits), CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications (duplicates DSST Introduction to Computer), Straighterline Intro to Biology, Straighterline General Chemistry, Straighterline College Algebra, Straighterline Precalculus, and ECE Earth Science.
200-level courses: TECEP The Science of Nutrition, TECEP Principles of Statistics, DSST Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet, DSST Principles of Statistics, CLEP Calculus, Straighterline General Physics I, Straighterline General Physics II?, Straighterline Environmental Science?, Straighterline Calculus I, Straighterline Calculus II, Straighterline Principles of Statistics, Straighterline Anatomy & Physiology I, Straighterline Anatomy and Physiology II, ECE Anatomy & Physiology (6 credits), Uexcel Statistics, Uexcel Physics (6 credits), and Uexcel Calculus.
Upper-level: 300/400-level courses (question marks on all of these, need 15 credits plus capstone for 18 total): TECEP Network Technology, DSST Management Information Systems, Straighterline Microbiology, ECE Microbiology, ECE Genetics, ECE Bioethics: Philosophical Issues (should be transcribed as BIO-405), and ECE Pathophysiology.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 2,717 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,792 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,813 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  California teaching credential w/ a test-out degree 12save 3 1,558 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,613 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Thumbs Up TEST ASBA yayowonder 4 1,711 07-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU MULTPLE DEGREES docmarvin 24 4,560 06-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: docmarvin
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,095 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore