Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got into Georgia Tech's Masters in Computer Science - Online (OMSCS)!
Congrats! I also don't understand why people choose another uni with higher prices and lower reputations. Georgia Tech and UTexas are such a good deal!

I also look at this program (or UTexas one). This program is really famous for its rigorous level, but that's the good point. My friend from SE Asia country (and from an unknown university, of course), enrolled and finished the OMSCS degree, and now he gets many good offers from reputable companies and universities. That makes me considering this program.

So I appreciate if you share your journey and some tips and trick for applying Smile
In Progress:
BS Statistics + Medical Physics
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB). MSc still unsure.
Completed:
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
Postponed:
MM Marketing, Universitas Tarumanagara, 2020
@camjenks - Great work! Congrats! That's awesome! I find it great that several board members and fellow Big3 graduates are able to get into these type of programs offered by pretty well known universities and with these MOOC offerings, it's a lesser dent into peoples wallets especially during these times of uncertainty...

@asianphd - I also added the U of Texas to my list of possible programs as well, the pricing/ranking of the school is pretty much on par with Georgia Tech, but I kind of like the GT name better than UofT... time to look at getting some tuition assistance, it's so hard to find a consulting gig that has reimbursement!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans

TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco, CompTIA, MTA | Coursera & Udacity
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • asianphd
If you can manage, Linear Algebra and something in Computer Architecture/Organization will server your future studies well too. Those are the main prereqs that you're definitely going to need for future courses.
(04-22-2021, 03:35 PM)rockyskay Wrote: If you can manage, Linear Algebra and something in Computer Architecture/Organization will server your future studies well too. Those are the main prereqs that you're definitely going to need for future courses.

I’m taking nand2tetris right now and planning on going through khan academy linear algebra after that. ??
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for least expensive online MSW? studyingfortests 23 849 7 hours ago
Last Post: arad
  U of Birmingham & Open University (UK, online) - Triple Crown MBA bjcheung77 1 116 06-20-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Any sources for inexpensive/nontraditional masters-level social work classes? studyingfortests 4 129 06-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Universidade Aberta, online, Portugal durain 4 156 06-20-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity! jsd 141 24,795 06-19-2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: edowave
  Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Online master durain 3 238 06-16-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any from PUG for Computer or IT NewatTESU 3 90 06-16-2021, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Names of a Masters MBA-Leadership VS MBA ashkir 6 246 06-14-2021, 11:48 AM
Last Post: collegechick
  Cheapest Masters in Communications? collegechick 7 351 06-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post: collegechick
  Masters in Criminal Justice Transfer Credits newdegree 10 692 06-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts