Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT online testing for ACE credits???
(08-26-2020, 03:17 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 02:12 PM)jcooke Wrote: I took the WorkKeys when I first got out of high school for free through a local job placement center. It was free. Might could look in to that.

They should make the WorkKeys exam available online! so anyone can take it to earn ACE credits.
I 100% agree. When I took it, online proctoring wasn’t nearly what it is today. With the technology available, ACT needs to update.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcooke's post:
  • nomaduser
I have a daughter taking the ACT exam in October.  Does anyone know how you would go about signing up for these ACE credits?  My daughter already has 30 credits from a RA university, and 40 credits from Sophia toward a BSBA with Marketing.  She just graduated high school.
(09-10-2020, 04:59 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I have a daughter taking the ACT exam in October.  Does anyone know how you would go about signing up for these ACE credits?  My daughter already has 30 credits from a RA university, and 40 credits from Sophia toward a BSBA with Marketing.  She just graduated high school.

I would continue working on the Sophia.org courses to maximize the amount of transfer from that one source. Then work on other necessary courses from CLEP and or InstantCertCredit.com and Study.com to finish off the degree. You can look at other ACE/NCCRS credits as you see fit for missing courses for the degree. In regards to the ACE credit, you need to have an ACE Registry account to request the credit once the course or exam has been completed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44, nomaduser
(09-10-2020, 05:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 04:59 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I have a daughter taking the ACT exam in October.  Does anyone know how you would go about signing up for these ACE credits?  My daughter already has 30 credits from a RA university, and 40 credits from Sophia toward a BSBA with Marketing.  She just graduated high school.

I would continue working on the Sophia.org courses to maximize the amount of transfer from that one source.  Then work on other necessary courses from CLEP and or InstantCertCredit.com and Study.com to finish off the degree.  You can look at other ACE/NCCRS credits as you see fit for missing courses for the degree.  In regards to the ACE credit, you need to have an ACE Registry account to request the credit once the course or exam has been completed.

She has taken everything from Sophia that she can possibly take.  She is working on a few CLEP right now.  I think by the time her brothers are done she will be on the heels right behind them.  Thank you again for all your help.

The ACE credits are not for the ACT exam (college entrance) that she is taking. The ACE credits are for the WorkKeys test, which is published by the same parent company that makes the college admission exam called ACT.
That means she would have to take the WorkKeys test.
But more than likely,this is the not kind of credit she is looking for. It's mostly vocational school credit . take a look: Credit is awarded based on the examinees level of achievement:
bronze performance - no credit;
silver performance - in the vocational category, 1 semester hour in quantitative analysis or introduction to organizational communication;
gold and platinum level performance - in the vocational category, 1 semester hour in applied math and in the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in quantitative analysis or introduction to organizational communication.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(09-11-2020, 06:40 AM)P226mem Wrote:

The ACE credits are not for the ACT exam (college entrance) that she is taking.  The ACE credits are for the WorkKeys test, which is published by the same parent company that makes the college admission exam called ACT.  
That means she would have to take the WorkKeys test.  
But more than likely,this is the not kind of credit she is looking for.  It's mostly vocational school credit .  take a look:  Credit is awarded based on the examinees level of achievement:
bronze performance - no credit;
silver performance - in the vocational category, 1 semester hour in quantitative analysis or introduction to organizational communication;
gold and platinum level performance - in the vocational category, 1 semester hour in applied math and in the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in quantitative analysis or introduction to organizational communication.

That makes a lot more sense based on what I was reading.  I should have caught all that sooner!  Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need 300/400 level credits? tomheany 4 702 01-16-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online proctoring: Does anyone even pay attention? studyingfortests 21 4,587 11-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  DSSTs now available online for EVERYONE rachel83az 27 4,055 04-08-2023, 04:03 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Get transcripts with grades, not just credits, fast Osioko 5 1,072 10-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UEXCEL Testing Ending vetvso 7 1,236 08-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Have you used online proctoring for CLEP? sgloer 14 6,399 06-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: virino
  Online CLEP (proctoring) katsiki 9 1,961 06-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctor Track testing question jonathan_stogsdill 2 774 02-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  ICE Exams (Liberty's Proprietary Testing) JabbaTheHutt 2 1,094 09-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Updated UExcel online exams list rachel83az 15 2,847 03-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ss20ts