Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good idea?
Hi everyone
15 years ago I took several classes at a community college, failed some , passed some, and withdraw from some.  Is it worth getting transcript for or I should ignore and get more classes from different sources.                       I also have 80 credits from Sofia ,, I would like to get a Bachelors from one one of the Big 3.                                       I attached the unofficial transcript. Thanks

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_20210617-191634.png (Size: 364.45 KB / Downloads: 30)
That's 19 credits with a grade of C or better. That's actually really good! You need 5 more credits to have the required 24 RA credits + the 6 credits from the capstone & cornerstone to reach the 30 RA credits that are necessary for a Bachelor's from TESU or COSC.

You might want to consider doing the 16-credits-in-one-term trick to get enough residency credit to not pay the residency waiver fee at TESU. This is where you take:
Capstone
Cornerstone
Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice (ENG-298)
3 ePack courses https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP (ePack courses are like TECEPs except you pay full price for them and they count towards residency credit; TECEPs do not count towards residency)

You take these in one term, paying $4639 for your degree. https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cwendy111
How about the ones I failed ?
The ones you failed won't count as credit. They'll be part of your overall GPA but they won't affect your GPA at TESU. The only way to "erase" those failed classes would be to go back and retake them now from that same community college.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(06-17-2021, 07:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The ones you failed won't count as credit. They'll be part of your overall GPA but they won't affect your GPA at TESU. The only way to "erase" those failed classes would be to go back and retake them now from that same community college.
Thank you for what you do here.
Third try is the charm... So, you're a couple of years younger than I, with a young family, currently working at a job, and looking to move up or build your portfolio if you wanted to jump ship. You're looking at getting the cheap, easy, fast degree and you don't have a preference, which means, it's a general or liberal studies degree. I have homework for you, if you want to get it this third try, you must report back...otherwise, we're just delaying again and again just because "life happens"...

Well, we can add UMPI to your list of the Big 3. You now have 4 institutions to select from. Having said that, you need to stop for a moment and think of the degree/school you want to finish from. Since you have community college credits, you can go for a Pierpont BOG AAS as a stepping stone for now, you may already have enough credits to graduate! Failed courses do not count, they still need transcripts - Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Do not worry about your failed grades, or your GPA. My Homework Questions:
1) How long did it take you to complete those Sophia.org courses? How many in total did you finish?
2) Are you looking at cheap, easy, fast, or a combo of them all? Do you have a budget or tuition assistance?
3) Do you have any certifications? How long have you been working at your current position?
4) Do know another language? Depending on the language - CLEP or ACTFL for easy credits...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
BTW, if you don't transfer those classes to TESU/COSC and TESU/COSC somehow finds out about them then they could deny you your degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(06-17-2021, 07:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Third try is the charm... So, you're a couple of years younger than I, with a young family, currently working at a job, and looking to move up or build your portfolio if you wanted to jump ship.  You're looking at getting the cheap, easy, fast degree and you don't have a preference, which means, it's a general or liberal studies degree.  I have homework for you, if you want to get it this third try, you must report back...otherwise, we're just delaying again and again just because "life happens"...

Well, we can add UMPI to your list of the Big 3.  You now have 4 institutions to select from.  Having said that, you need to stop for a moment and think of the degree/school you want to finish from.  Since you have community college credits, you can go for a Pierpont BOG AAS as a stepping stone for now, you may already have enough credits to graduate!  Failed courses do not count, they still need transcripts - Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Do not worry about your failed grades, or your GPA.  My Homework Questions:
1) How long did it take you to complete those Sophia.org courses? How many in total did you finish?
2) Are you looking at cheap, easy, fast, or a combo of them all?  Do you have a budget or tuition assistance?
3) Do you have any certifications?  How long have you been working at your current position?
4) Do know another language? Depending on the language - CLEP or ACTFL for easy credits...
1)  did 30 courses via Sophia in 2 months ,and the 2 math classes ( Algebra, Statistics) in 3 months Angry
2) EASY  ( money is not an issues)
3) no
4) English is my 3rd language ( Arabic, and an African language that is not useful at all)
(06-17-2021, 07:25 PM)jb88 Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) How long did it take you to complete those Sophia.org courses? How many in total did you finish?
2) Are you looking at cheap, easy, fast, or a combo of them all?  Do you have a budget or tuition assistance?
3) Do you have any certifications?  How long have you been working at your current position?
1)  did 30 courses via Sophia in 2 months ,and the 2 math classes ( Algebra, Statistics) in 3 months Angry
2) EASY  ( money is not an issues)
3) no
4) English is my 3rd language ( Arabic, and an African language that is not useful at all)

IMO, if money is not an issue, I'd probably go with TESU; although any of the Big 3 or UMPI are just as good.  TESU just requires the fewest UL credit, which generally are the courses that take the longest amount of time (they and COSC will also transfer in D grades).

If you post all of your Sophia credit, then I will run a couple of scenarios for you to determine which path is the shortest.

EDIT TO ADD: why would you throw away any previous credit you have??  There's no sense doing that, when you can use it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
BTW, if you are a US citizen or green-card holder, you could get the FREE Pierpont Associate's degree while you finish up your Bachelor's. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New idea for cheap RA credits? FrHaseKopf 15 2,087 05-10-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 629 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,088 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Good book for English componsition 1 / 2? SweetsugarNL 11 1,318 08-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  IDEA brought to you by the USDOE bjcheung77 2 880 07-20-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: monchevy
  Transferring the good with the bad credits jpotter702 5 1,215 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 919 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Another good one for Texas residents darthweezy 2 1,178 09-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Good News For DSST Test Takers natshar 8 2,043 06-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  This is good or bad? dewisant 2 853 05-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: cookderosa