Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester
Just got admitted to Texas A&M commerce competency degree program. Was wondering, if anyone could give me advice on how the courses work, i read about someone doing 55 credit hours in 3.5 months.Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework toward Baas organizational leadership At Texas A&M commerce degree in one semester.
I don't know much about the school even if it is competency based that is a ton of coursework in that period of time. You might be better off doing ACE recommended exams and go for one of the Big 3 if you need that many credits quick.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
That is basically the equivalent of finishing one class every three or four days. Are you starting from scratch or do you already know a lot about the field?
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
OakLakeNC Wrote:That is basically the equivalent of finishing one class every three or four days. Are you starting from scratch or do you already know a lot about the field?

yes, i had 23 credit transferred in, i was reading a forum in reddit, came across a guy that finished 55 credits in 3.5 months, it is a subscription based school model.
I mean are you starting from scratch as far as experience and knowledge in the area that is covered in the 85 credits? Are you actually going to need to study and completely read the material?

Honestly, no, I think you need to plan at least two or three semesters. If you get stuck on a difficult class it is going to mess your whole schedule up. Plus it will be really stressful.
Credit Sources:
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
yes, i am, i just want to able to finish in one year and not spend too much on it.
One year is more realistic than one semester though. I guess it just depends on the difficulty of the work.
Credit Sources:
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
i have gone through the curriculum, if it's mostly proctored exam, i will be able to finish much faster.
I completed 54 credits in one term using traditional school and CLEP/ACE combinations. So far I hit 79 credits in about 7months or so.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is it possible to complete 12 Sophia courses with min 97% per course in 3 months? ausernameisneeded 41 3,206 09-16-2023, 03:52 PM
  How long does it take to complete sophia courses? Dudeofflinered1442 15 5,827 07-21-2022, 01:52 AM
  Sophia "Complete Profile" in order to take courses requires choice of school mahaganapati 3 828 07-21-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: mahaganapati
  TEEX 10cr- how fast will it take to complete? jembig 7 1,048 11-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How long on average to complete an UL course on Study.com? daharamu 10 1,455 07-20-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Can I complete the majority of a degree on Study.com or a similar site? hlg38 12 3,106 05-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com class recommendations to complete BSBA in CIS @ TESU Raftingdon2 11 2,333 01-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
Sad Of these courses which can I complete from Straighterline/Saylor for WGU before July? jonahh 11 6,051 08-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: allvia