Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies?
A BA in liberal studies is supposedly easy to power through. Would you say it is possible to transfer credits from going to Excelsior first and then rolling over credits to TESU to get an additional BA? I want to say I got two BA's in the same subject at once for the laughs. Tongue
No, TESU would require you to get 30 NEW credits beyond your previous Bachelor's. Instead of doing that, I would suggest just getting 2 bachelor's at TESU at once or go to UMPI and get two degrees/minors there. Also, a BALS might be easiest to power through but I would strongly recommend that if you're going to put that much effort in that you actually choose a degree or degrees relevant to your future career path.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-11-2021, 07:18 AM)NEED5SPEED Wrote: A BA in liberal studies is supposedly easy to power through. Would you say it is possible to transfer credits from going to Excelsior first and then rolling over credits to TESU to get an additional BA? I want to say I got two BA's in the same subject at once for the laughs. Tongue

Not possible and wouldn't recommend it if it was.

I got two associates (from two different schools) in the same subject "just for laughs." The degree/major is was an associate in General Studies. But it wasn't at the same time, it was 4 years apart. The second one did use 75% recycled credits from the first though. To be honest it wasn't that funny. And I don't recommend doing it unless the universe aligns like it did for me. 

Newbies always try to imagine multiple degrees. Just stick with one. If you really want multiples, COSC requires two concentrations so go there for a BA. Or if add two AOS at TESU or two minors at UMPI. Or at TESU/COSC get both an AA and BA with no extra work for the AA.

Just start with one thing and stick to it, don't imagine multiple degrees yet. If I took this advice I'd have bachelor's years ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • rachel83az, TINASAM
LOL, are you an active duty service person or a veteran? There are so many variables in play, do you have GI Bill or tuition assistance reimbursement? How about the Excelsior Degree, has it been conferred yet? If you have the energy, money and time to go for a second degree, I suggest a competency based Masters degree instead. The ROI and value will trump that extra Bachelors degree... But to answer your question, if you have the extra energy, money, time... Yes and No. I’ll elaborate more on this later...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU doesn’t allow a second BA in the same subject as a previous one. That’s the same case anywhere I believe.
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC - RA credits for general studies degree Antonella 5 932 09-20-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SUU 'Speedway" Bachelor of General Studies Completion Program Petey43 5 1,935 03-26-2022, 02:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  PennWest California AS Technical Studies & BS Science & Technology Multidisciplinary Jonathan Whatley 7 1,210 03-24-2022, 06:03 PM
  Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? StoicJ 28 7,262 02-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Whitepines
Information The Open University - Liberal Arts degree (only £6,192 GBP! fully online) nomaduser 28 4,016 01-13-2021, 01:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Walden University-Early Childhood Studies Teacherwannabe19 2 824 10-29-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: desoren
  Online Liberal Arts / Liberal Studies / General Studies degree nomaduser 10 1,855 09-24-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Possible Double Major - COSC or TESU? Kylana 4 1,298 05-14-2019, 05:42 PM
  HELP..Newbie looking for Liberal Arts for Teaching Help!!! tls7291 15 3,071 03-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Last Post: natshar