Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Accepted To TESU w/ASA Degree (80 Credits Transferred) Cheapest Route To Finish?
(03-16-2023, 03:05 PM)shudson0042 Wrote: This is EXTREMELY helpful.  Knowing now that I only am required to take the cornerstone and capstone courses (6 CR) at TESU in order to be awarded a BA from their institution makes the cost and time frame to completion much less daunting.  I mentioned above, but I was told that a total of 30 CR had to be obtained at TESU in order to get a BA degree.  It seems that the admissions dept. is not on the same page.

Yeah, the situation is actually that 30 credits have to be from RA schools, and 16 TESU credits are needed if you don't want to pay the residency waiver. The sad thing is that you already have the requisite 30 RA credits, so they have no excuse at all for trying to get you to take 30 TESU credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-16-2023, 01:08 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
shudson0042 Wrote:This is very good news!  When speaking with admissions they prompted me by saying I had to have 30 credit hours from TESU in order to graduate and be awarded a BA degree from their institution.  My course map didn't show a "cornerstone" course however it did have the capstone.  I would presume that the required SOS course is this cornerstone credit? 

Do you recommend Sophia.org and Study.com over the TECEPS @ 16 credits through TESU in terms of cost savings?  Another drawback to pushing forward with the TECEPS is that I was told I can only schedule a certain number of courses per semester.  Thus not allowing me to move at my own pace and finish the degree quicker.  Do Sophia.org and Study.com allow for self paced learning?  So as to finish as many courses as you are able in whatever time frame you see fit.

SOS 110 is the Cornerstone.  TECEP's can't be used for residency unless you're an active service person (army/military, navy, etc). Here are a few links to review, it'll tell you everything you need to know about the 16 credits vs the residency waiver fee and options to go about it.  Basically, it depends on what your energy, money, time, subject interest and level of knowledge is in that/those subjects.  I would take some time to read through these links:

Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
ACTFL/Foreign Credits: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3
Transfer Policy: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained

BTW, you missed the template and last post addendum here: New to DegreeForum? How this Area works! | I usually recommend people to fill in all the info so it gives us a clearer picture of what exactly you're looking for and with these details it provides us a better overview of your goals, it helps us determine how we can best help you as each person has a different situation or scenario...

I was able to post the template below on this specific thread.  After digging in to even more threads across degreeforum, I was able to find out that TESU actually awards credit for the ATP pilot program that I will be completing starting this January.  Is anyone aware of what those credits might be and what they may fulfill in terms of helping to finish the BA Liberal Arts degree?  I presume I could essentially hold off on taking those courses as they will later count towards my degree.
shudson0042 Wrote:I was able to post the template below on this specific thread.  After digging in to even more threads across degreeforum, I was able to find out that TESU actually awards credit for the ATP pilot program that I will be completing starting this January.  Is anyone aware of what those credits might be and what they may fulfill in terms of helping to finish the BA Liberal Arts degree?  I presume I could essentially hold off on taking those courses as they will later count towards my degree.

ATP Pilot would be used best in the BS Aviation or Tech Studies degree offering.
Here are the two links I would review to get more details:
https://www.tesu.edu/alpa/faa-pilot-cert...y-to-bsast
https://www2.tesu.edu/oplr/client.php?client=FAA-ATP
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Liberal Studies is a group of categories. It covers the liberal arts: Math, various sciences (including Computer Science), Communication, History, Humanities, Psychology, Social Studies. It does not cover professional/technical categories such as (most) Business, IT (even though it's related to Comp Sci), Electrical Engineering, or piloting.

The BS Technical Studies is similar to a BA Liberal Studies, except it a.) accepts technical credits and b.) it requires either Chemistry I&II with lab or Physics I&II with lab. If you're okay with taking those, the BS Technical Studies may be the fastest/cheapest degree for you, in addition to probably looking better on a resume. It depends on which license(s) you have and will be getting.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 5 104 3 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,229 04-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,943 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 211 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,176 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,309 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 174 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM