Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
I wonder where the Graduate classes would fall into. For example, would TESU MALS Learner-Designed Area of Study 12CR be covered by some of these? Other possible degrees maybe? I think I counted Graduate @ 9 CR - It would be a good cost savings
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(07-30-2022, 07:39 AM)vetvso Wrote: I wonder where the Graduate classes would fall into. For example, would TESU MALS Learner-Designed Area of Study 12CR be covered by some of these? Other possible degrees maybe? I think I counted Graduate @ 9 CR - It would be a good cost savings

Doesn't really fall under liberal arts. You might have a better chance of transferring them into a business/management program at TESU (e.g., MS in Management).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(07-30-2022, 07:39 AM)vetvso Wrote: I wonder where the Graduate classes would fall into. For example, would TESU MALS Learner-Designed Area of Study 12CR be covered by some of these? Other possible degrees maybe? I think I counted Graduate @ 9 CR - It would be a good cost savings

A $24k generic master's degree from an unknown school isn't worth it.  Saving $8k and "only" paying $16k is still not worth it.   You can find a more useful degree at a better/more well-known school (or the same type of anonymity) for less almost anywhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-30-2022, 10:07 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

A $24k generic master's degree from an unknown school isn't worth it.  Saving $8k and "only" paying $16k is still not worth it.   You can find a more useful degree at a better/more well-known school (or the same type of anonymity) for less almost anywhere.
Financials aside the original question is still valid. What degrees have others found that would accept these credits? There are people here who get reimbursement of education expenses through employment and might need a master's just to fulfill a job requirement. There are other grad credits approved by ACE and NCCRS. The big names schools will carry more weight at times but for people with experience, they might just need to fulfill a check box. For some time is more important than costs.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
(07-30-2022, 10:01 PM)vetvso Wrote:

Financials aside the original question is still valid. What degrees have others found that would accept these credits? There are people here who get reimbursement of education expenses through employment and might need a master's just to fulfill a job requirement. There are other grad credits approved by ACE and NCCRS. The big names schools will carry more weight at times but for people with experience, they might just need to fulfill a check box. For some time is more important than costs.

You might want to refer to my thread on the graduate schools that accept the most transfer credits. Jonathan pointed out several schools that might be a good fit for transferring in graduate-level NCCRS/ACE credits. Below are the schools I can think of off the top of my head that might be a good fit for LawShelf courses.

https://www.liberty.edu/online/arts-and-...y-studies/

https://www.liberty.edu/online/law/maste...r/general/

https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/graduat...eeplantext

https://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/school...udies.html
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(07-30-2022, 10:52 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 10:01 PM)vetvso Wrote:

You might want to refer to my thread on the graduate schools that accept the most transfer credits. Jonathan pointed out several schools that might be a good fit for transferring in graduate-level NCCRS/ACE credits. Below are the schools I can think of off the top of my head that might be a good fit for LawShelf courses.

https://www.liberty.edu/online/arts-and-...y-studies/

https://www.liberty.edu/online/law/maste...r/general/

https://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/school...udies.html
Thanks and Excelsior also has a transfer agreement but only electives.
From my personal experience with these courses:

Liberty rejected all of them

Purdue accepted for 20 credits out of 55

APUS accepted for 9 out of 36.

Hope this is helpful for others.
[-] The following 3 users Like knaves's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Ideas, sanantone
(07-31-2022, 11:01 PM)knaves Wrote: From my personal experience with these courses:

Which of the courses did Purdue accept? 

This is getting into something interesting when it comes to law schools. Could a person potentially start out at Northwestern University School of Law, for the cheap tuition, and then switch to Purdue to utilize the LawShelf credits as electives? Both schools are CalBar accredited now, so it would really come down to how much the LawShelf classes would save.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(07-31-2022, 11:01 PM)knaves Wrote: From my personal experience with these courses:

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you were applying to an undergraduate program? 

On a related note, Liberty University doesn't seem to be as transfer credit and alternative credit friendly as they claim to be. They'll reject a lot of courses if they don't include the Christian worldview even though you're not in one of their seminary programs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I still can't believe LawShelf, which is "a project of National Paralegal College" hasn't found a way to get these accepted at that school for at least 45cr!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,028 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 4,794 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 991 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1