Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA - Purdue University Global ExcelTrack
(07-16-2018, 10:23 PM)jeremyc3434 Wrote: Snip

What concentrations (if any) are available for the excel track? 

To confirm: This new wing of the Purdue system is now fully non profit as well?
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
There are no specialized tracks in this program.

I’m not sure about there non-profit status.
Awesome details @jeremyc3434 - thanks!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(07-22-2018, 03:21 PM)jeremyc3434 Wrote: There are no specialized tracks in this program.

Too bad on this point.

I'm too busy anytime soon, but I'm pretty interested in this program.

I'm looking at their BS in information systems on the Excel track. I have questions for them, but it seems like maybe an alternative to WGU.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
To get an ABCSP accredited MBA from Purdue, I would sacrifice the specialization and make up for it with a certificate or something to that end.
(08-14-2018, 04:34 PM)eLearner Wrote: To get an ABCSP accredited MBA from Purdue, I would sacrifice the specialization and make up for it with a certificate or something to that end.

Are you one of the people who can't attend WGU?

(07-22-2018, 11:32 AM)islandcoli Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:23 PM)jeremyc3434 Wrote: Snip

What concentrations (if any) are available for the excel track? 

To confirm: This new wing of the Purdue system is now fully non profit as well?

Looks like the Global site was recently updated to tout their non-profit status:  https://www.purdueglobal.edu/about/about-purdue-global/
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Pursuing BA in Communications at SNHU (Started July 2017)
☆CLEP☆ A&I Literature 68 | College Composition w Essay 73 | American Government 68 | US History I 72 | Social Science & History 61 | Information Systems 76 | Principles of Marketing 69 | Principles of Management 67 | Psychology 61 | Sociology 61 | Humanities 57 | Educational Psychology 70 | Biology 60 | Natural Science 72 | ☆DSST☆ Environmental Science 457 | Human Cultural Geography 466 | Principles of Supervision 435 | Introduction to Business 457 | Principles of Public Speaking 450/PASS
Hi,

I posted about this program a while back, HERE.

Since that time, I now know I am officially graduating from TESU with a BSBA in Finance on 9/14/18, so I have been doing my research on Masters in Finance programs.

I was down to 3:

West Texas A & M - MSFE

Scranton MSF

and of course

Purdue Global - MSF

I spoke with Texas via email...they want me to take 3 leveling courses because of the study.com/ACE not giving grades.  I did ask about exceptions given my background and professional designations. No give. This program as well as the program from Scranton do require at least a 3.0 for your undergrad. This is where the trouble from study.com/ACE comes into play. This program is accredited, online and inexpensive but I do not want to take 3 courses I already took this year.  All in, with the 3 leveling courses I would be in at under $15k.  I might still wind up trying this.

I spoke with Scranton via telephone (I live in Philadelphia) and they were much more understanding about my background (20+ years, professional designations, etc.), but I may still have to take leveling courses and or the GMAT. In fact, I have to do a case study to get accepted regardless of whether or not I need to take leveling courses.  I am waiting to hear back from them about the leveling courses.  They need my official transcript after my degree is conferred on 9/14.  This program has some nice rankings, is accredited, online and NOT inexpensive.  Will cost approx. $27,000.

I spoke with Purdue. The person I spoke with is a former Kaplan now Purdue person and is former military.  I say this because I am former Military, Semper-Fi.  He was/is awesome! The great thing about this program is all you need is the Finance Degree from an accredited School and a 2.5. No reference letters, leveling courses, GMAT etc.  You also get the Purdue name of course which is a big plus.  However, the program is 52, 1-hour credits.  I won't get into the details but I was told the entire program can be completed in 14 months.  Finally, this program would cost approx. $23,000 all in, which is $4k less than Scranton.

So, I was thinking about pulling the trigger and going to Purdue Global.  Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it,  I decided to check for reviews.  When I posted about this in the past, I couldn't find much.  This past week I found: THIS

While not all reviews are bad, the few that are, are very bad.

For me, I am not willing to chance the graduate degree.  I would rather pay very little to WGU or pay-up a little for a school in my area that is well known with a good reputation.  If Scranton wants leveling courses and or the GMAT, I will weigh this against West Texas A & M.

Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gloddy's post:
  • suzycupcake
(08-17-2018, 04:50 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Hi,

I posted about this program a while back, HERE.

Since that time, I now know I am officially graduating from TESU with a BSBA in Finance on 9/14/18, so I have been doing my research on Masters in Finance programs.

I was down to 3:

West Texas A & M - MSFE

Scranton MSF

and of course

Purdue Global - MSF

I spoke with Texas via email...they want me to take 3 leveling courses because of the study.com/ACE not giving grades.  I did ask about exceptions given my background and professional designations. No give. This program as well as the program from Scranton do require at least a 3.0 for your undergrad. This is where the trouble from study.com/ACE comes into play. This program is accredited, online and inexpensive but I do not want to take 3 courses I already took this year.  All in, with the 3 leveling courses I would be in at under $15k.  I might still wind up trying this.

I spoke with Scranton via telephone (I live in Philadelphia) and they were much more understanding about my background (20+ years, professional designations, etc.), but I may still have to take leveling courses and or the GMAT. In fact, I have to do a case study to get accepted regardless of whether or not I need to take leveling courses.  I am waiting to hear back from them about the leveling courses.  They need my official transcript after my degree is conferred on 9/14.  This program has some nice rankings, is accredited, online and NOT inexpensive.  Will cost approx. $27,000.

I spoke with Purdue. The person I spoke with is a former Kaplan now Purdue person and is former military.  I say this because I am former Military, Semper-Fi.  He was/is awesome! The great thing about this program is all you need is the Finance Degree from an accredited School and a 2.5. No reference letters, leveling courses, GMAT etc.  You also get the Purdue name of course which is a big plus.  However, the program is 52, 1-hour credits.  I won't get into the details but I was told the entire program can be completed in 14 months.  Finally, this program would cost approx. $23,000 all in, which is $4k less than Scranton.

So, I was thinking about pulling the trigger and going to Purdue Global.  Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it,  I decided to check for reviews.  When I posted about this in the past, I couldn't find much.  This past week I found: THIS

While not all reviews are bad, the few that are, are very bad.

For me, I am not willing to chance the graduate degree.  I would rather pay very little to WGU or pay-up a little for a school in my area that is well known with a good reputation.  If Scranton wants leveling courses and or the GMAT, I will weigh this against West Texas A & M.

Gloddy

Have you spoken to potential employers about an MS in Finance? My understanding is that an MS in Finance is rarely worth it if you already have an undergrad in finance. What field are you trying to get into?

Also, have you looked at Harvard Extension School? They have a Masters in Finance program that can be completed for under 15k if you time the courses out right and receive the HES Grant. 4 of the 12 courses are Finance electives as well, so there's alot of flexibility in the program. If you select the courses right, you can even get a graduate certificate or two using the credits from your masters program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 200 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,046 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,452 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,839 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,966 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000