Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximize WGU 90 credit transfer policy
Hey all,
Has anyone laid out a list of classes (Sophia, FEMA, Straighterline, etc..) that WGU accepts.  I have 100 plus credits but 30 are from Frederick Community College (FEMA credits), and 36 from NYC Police Academy which unfortunately is NCCERS evaluated.  So I assume none of those are accepted.  I would like to get as close to my 90 as possible to help complete my degree in one term.  I would be willing to get the Business degree or one of the Teaching degrees.  Whichever would be easier to transfer credits in to.

Thanks all,
Mike
Excelsior might be your best bet to getting a Bachelors in Science, Liberal Studies. They take ACE/NCCRS credits, you can also try and complete a degree from Empire State College where you're currently enrolled. What degrees do you have? Do you already have an associates or two? How about other certifications that can be evaluated as credit? I was looking at a previous post of yours here, if you have 140 credits, you just need to do the UL requirements for Excelsior to complete your degree: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
https://partners.wgu.edu/
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-14-2020, 06:15 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 05:55 PM)mdel210201 Wrote: Has anyone laid out a list of classes (Sophia, FEMA, Straighterline, etc..) that WGU accepts.  I have 100 plus credits but 30 are from Frederick Community College (FEMA credits), and 36 from NYC Police Academy which unfortunately is NCCERS evaluated.  So I assume none of those are accepted.  I would like to get as close to my 90 as possible to help complete my degree in one term.  I would be willing to get the Business degree or one of the Teaching degrees.  Whichever would be easier to transfer credits in to.

https://partners.wgu.edu/

Yeah, this is the best place to start if you want to maximize the number of accepted credits.

As you speculated, WGU does not accept NCCRS credits. They also don't accept FEMA, but very few colleges do these days. COSC will accept a few, but as BJ mentioned, you will probably be better off looking at Excelsior since they will accept more FEMA credits when transferred from FCC.

If you don't mind losing the FEMA and NCCRS credits and you want to maximize the 90 credits going into WGU, then you should look at Sophia, StraighterLine, and Study.com for the bulk of your transfer. Depending on the degree, you should not have a problem maximizing the transferrable credits for most degrees at WGU. That way you only have 30 credits to complete in a term to graduate which appears to be your goal.

However, keep in mind that you can complete undergrad courses at WGU at about the same speed that you can complete courses from Sophia, SL, and SDC. So you may be better off aiming to do more of your courses at WGU directly. Completing 13-15 courses in a 6-month term is a reasonable goal for someone who is dedicated and willing to put in the time and effort. Better yet would be aiming to complete two terms at WGU and churning through at least 60 credits there. This will be beneficial if you have any interest in pursuing grad school in the future since most RA grad schools will ignore your ACE credits and only consider RA credits for meeting entrance requirements and such.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
WGU does not have any elective credit in their degree plans, so it's not just a matter of having 90 credits - you have to have the right credits.

Also, when you say "I would be willing to get the Business degree or one of the Teaching degrees. Whichever would be easier to transfer credits in to." that's crazy! You need to do more research on these degrees. The teaching degrees require more than just 120cr - you also have to student-teach, which is going to take at least 1 term, it has to be applicable in your state, AND you'll be paying for that term on top of the term where you take your other courses (you have to finish everything before you do the student-teaching term, and take specific courses during that term). So minimum of 2 terms there.

Also, most of their business degrees no longer allow for a 90cr transfer - some have as many as 43cr that must be taken at WGU. So you'll have to make sure you're looking closely at that part of the degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU BS IT credit evaluation BSdegreequestion(: 2 151 04-15-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 330 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,250 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 669 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 747 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,971 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,050 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,635 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,345 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does any WGU program give credit for passing any FINRA exams? MaMichelle 1 701 10-25-2022, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ss20ts