Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD
(03-05-2018, 07:57 PM)Ideas Wrote: Someone on this forum finished in 4 months for under $2000... while pregnant and caring for a young child. She was writing a lot per week. She had been told nobody else had done it. There are not many others that we know of who attempted Patten.

Can you share the link on this post? We have an open thread searching for completion posts with Patten and the closest we had posted proclaiming they would finish in 4 months never posted a final announcement that it actually happened.

The closest one connected to this forum that I know of was http://fourmonthmba.com/ but unfortunately, the website is no longer active.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(03-05-2018, 08:24 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 07:57 PM)Ideas Wrote: Someone on this forum finished in 4 months for under $2000... while pregnant and caring for a young child. She was writing a lot per week. She had been told nobody else had done it. There are not many others that we know of who attempted Patten.

Can you share the link on this post? We have an open thread searching for completion posts with Patten and the closest we had posted proclaiming they would finish in 4 months never posted a final announcement that it actually happened.

The closest one connected to this forum that I know of was http://fourmonthmba.com/ but unfortunately, the website is no longer active.

Yeah, I would assume those people didn't finish, because who would finish but not post again Sad

This is the woman who was pregnant who actually kept updating: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-4-months

I'm leaning toward WGU unless I can read more experiences about Patten (that seem real). Her experience is probably the only reason I'm still considering Patten.

Her last post says she's determined to finish in 4 months, but there's no indication that she actually did it, unless she posted a follow-up somewhere else?

Actually I just found her most recent thread from December 2017 saying she didn't finish it (stopped for reasons unrelated to the Patten setup)

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid248612

Actually looks like I mixed up iwant2stalku and GoodYellowDog. Ignore me.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-01-2017, 08:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Already have a few Doctorate or PHD programs in my sight... a few of them are International Institutions.
In order of personal preferences from Cost/Recognition to Reviews/Program and how it's viewed internationally.
There are a few California State recognized DBA's/PHD for $5000.  Haha... that's if I can't get into any programs.

1) UNISA (South Africa, not South Australia) PHD programs because of mainly "Cost" at under 10 grand.
2) Swiss Management Center AG DBA - ACBSP accredited and at $9800 euros or less than $11800 USD.
3) Heriot Watt University DBA (3 exams/3 courses, mentor/supervisor stage) at $15,795 pounds (20 grand).
4) Capella OR Cal Southern University DBA at roughly $29,700 USD - both are ACBSP accredited also.
5) Taft DBA - $420/month, 60 units, if you finish in 12 months that's dang cheap for a nationally recognized DBA!

Forgot - Here's the BPPE CA State approved DBA for $5000.  http://www.atmu.education/www/Doc-Progra...rogram=mba
For #3 - I updated the Heriot Watt price, typo - wasn't 29 grand, it's 20 grand USD.
I'm still leaning towards the Taft DBA or Swiss Management degree if I ever get to that level.

I wonder if Taft will allow someone to do the DBA quickly? Their webpage says "as little as 27 months".

They will not allow you to finish it quicker than 27 months. They don't allow completion of individual courses faster than a month and a half:

https://www.taft.edu/faqs/faqs-doctorate-programs
Quote:The minimum completion time for the Program is 27 months. Since all courses are self-paced, the number of weeks necessary to complete a course may vary considerably based on the amount of time per week a student devotes to study and the professional experience of the student.

Students are officially enrolled in one course at a time. Students may not complete the first course in less than one and one-half months from the date of initial enrollment. Thereafter, a student may complete one course for every one and one-half months of cumulative enrollment. (e.g. a student who enrolled on January 1st could submit three courses by May 15th or four courses by July 1st, etc.) The above examples demonstrate minimum completion schedules. Experience has shown that the average student will progress at a slower pace.
 (emphasis added)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Ideas
**Sigh**  My plans keep changing, I think I want too much for cheap/easy/fast as I don't get tuition assistance.  Because of some "cheaper" options for a Computer Science/Math degree at TESU, I am currently looking into finishing another degree from them.  

So for now, it's working towards a BA Comp Sci/Math double major.  I am going to create a template for a BACS vs a BSIT as several those courses seem to be interchangeable, and there are several providers to choose from... woo hoo, let's see which one of those degrees is for me...

Working on: TESU BA Comp Sci/Math Double Major (In progress)
Next up: WGU for MSML & MBA ITM (ACBSP - Starting in 2019)
**Deciding on other Masters/PHD programs**

Deferred: NationsU MTS & MofPeople MEd (IB - Advanced Teaching)
Deciding: ACE.EDU Ed.D Instructional Technology or an ACBSP DBA
**DBA contenders for now: Capella, CSU, HW, Walden
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-03-2018, 06:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: **Sigh**  My plans keep changing, I think I want too much for cheap/easy/fast as I don't get tuition assistance.  Because of some "cheaper" options for a Computer Science/Math degree at TESU, I am currently looking into finishing another degree from them.  

So for now, it's working towards a BA Comp Sci/Math double major.  I am going to create a template for a BACS vs a BSIT as several those courses seem to be interchangeable, and there are several providers to choose from... woo hoo, let's see which one of those degrees is for me...

If you are looking at ACBSP doctoral programs, you could add Grand Canyon University. They are a private, non-profit. Also, the University of North Carolina - Greensboro is set to offer an online PhD in Business Administration that is AACSB-Accredited. The only downfall is the 1st cohort is expected to be no more than 8 PhD candidates.

Expected 2019

Bachelors of Science - Biology
East Central University
Conferred 2015
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
I just looked up WGU for scholarships, $2000/4 terms. I think, it's $500/term and if I get it, it'll only be around $3500/6 month term as I pay out of pocket myself... I saw they have a $2000/4 terms StraighterLine scholarship as well, but that's only for undergrad degrees. So, for two degrees MSML & MBA ITM it's $7000, that's cheaper than my undergrad degrees combined.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ThatBankDude
(12-03-2018, 06:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: **Sigh**  My plans keep changing, I think I want too much for cheap/easy/fast as I don't get tuition assistance.  Because of some "cheaper" options for a Computer Science/Math degree at TESU, I am currently looking into finishing another degree from them.  

Where are you planning to take your math courses(beyond calc 1/2)?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
If I go for the double major with Math, I'll be taking extra math courses from Westcott (transcripts are going to come from Brandman University - each course is expensive at roughly $550) and APU/AMU which is more expensive at about $810. But for sure I am going for the BACS or BSIT since it is doable as there are cheaper CS/IT courses now. I am still creating my template to compare the difference or requirements between the BACS/BSIT at Excelsior/TESU/WGU.

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MNomadic, ThatBankDude

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grad Degrees with generous credit transfer NotJoeBiden 8 532 03-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school. Personherebb9 44 6,735 01-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Tireman4
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 553 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,343 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,797 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,691 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  Texila & UCN - Masters/PhD Programs bjcheung77 5 2,876 06-13-2023, 04:21 AM
Last Post: ZoeRo
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,316 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  funding sources for Law School without six figures of loan debt EducationSeeker 8 1,186 07-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,480 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain