Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey: TESU BSBA
I have applied, and I'm excited.

I'm still unsure about the concentration. I would like to get the BSBA-CIS, but I'm considering BSBA-GM, depending on how much time and money I'd save. I believe the GM courses would be easier and more interesting to me, but I believe doing CIS will help me earn more in the future. I think it also sounds better. I think either way I will learn things I can use. I think the CIS is worth extra effort and money, but it is very important that I finish within the year.

Because I have the Gen Eds almost done, the year shouldn't be hard, especially for GM. For CIS, I seem to need 12 business exams (for 36 credits) and 6 computer exams (for 18 credits). I have some business knowledge, so some Intro business exams will be quick.

To save money, I might sometimes have to take a more difficult exam. Also, I might have to put off some of the quicker and easier ones (which would be nice to get out of the way) because those would use up money faster.

I'm going to get the ASNSM-Biology along the way. I know it seems like I could just skip it to save money and time, but I believe it will help me financially. I need 8 biology credits, which can be done with 3 courses at study.com. Or possibly less, but probably 8. (For at least of the courses, I think I could be ready for the final exam in just a day or two.)

Thank you to the forum regulars who have helped me so far Smile

These would finish up my Gen Eds:
- 1-2 Shmoop Lit courses
- Saylor Intro to Comparative Politics $25
- Study.com Public Speaking ($0 hopefully because of scholarship)(have to take Personal Finance course first)

Studying for the TECEP will be a top priority, besides getting the Shmoop credits out of the way before my membership ends.

I'm hoping I don't need to finish the Biology credits before the TECEP?

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77, Leonem
I am basically copying this from another thread.

Business Core (36 cr):

Total $427 + $99 = $526

ACC-101 Financial Accounting 3.00 Straighterline $69
ACC-102 Managerial Accounting 3.00 Straighterline $69
LAW-201 Business Law 3.00 Saylor $25
MAN-301 Principles of Management UL 3.00 Saylor $25
CIS-107 Computer Concepts and Applications 3.00 Saylor $25
MAR-301 Introduction to Marketing UL 3.00 Saylor $25
FIN-301 Principles of Finance UL 3.00 Study.com ($0 because of scholarship, I hope)
Global Management Study.com ($0 because of scholarship, I hope)
ECO-111 Macroeconomics 3.00 Saylor $25
ECO-112 Microeconomics 3.00 Saylor $25
COM-300 Business Communications UL 3.00 Saylor $25
BUS-421 Strategic Management UL 3.00 TECEP $114

Plus Straighterline 1 month membership fee. (Get the 2 business done in a month, and also Intro to Programming in C++ in the same month.)

I already did Statistics and College Algebra at ALEKS.

I did TEEX Cyber Security for Business Professionals, but I think it doesn't fulfill a business requirement anymore, just a general elective.

Edit: Improved plan because of dfrecore's info.

Total $449 for these 18 credits.

CIS Requirements (6 cr):

Programming Language: Straighterline (Introduction to Programming in C++) $99
Systems Analysis and Design (UL): CSU Global CBE for Information Systems Analysis and Design (CIS-320) $250

CIS electives (12 cr):

Saylor - Software Engineering $25
Saylor - Computer Communications and Networks $25
Saylor - Strategic Information Technology $25
Saylor - Intro to Comp Sci I or II, or Management Information Systems $25

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • slmartin
TO DO LIST - I'm updating frequently.

Most important next steps:
- When TESU sends my college ID number, register for Strategic Mgmt TECEP.
- ?

More next steps:
- Do Shmoop lit course before membership expires. I have weeks.
- Figure out if I need an Information Literacy credit and if there's a cheap route (Saylor). Is there any 1 cr or 2 cr?
- Double check that I don't need other Gen Ed LL credits.
- ?

I think these can wait until May:
- Strategic Mgmt TECEP study planning (and order older used books, etc).
- Order ACE transcript. No rush on this? It is just nice to have a real evaluation from TESU.
- Schedule Strategic Mgmt TECEP at ProctorU and at library.
- Consider doing 1-2 more Straighterline if possible. (A little more cost, but probably easier and quicker.) Consider some other options that cost a little more but can help me complete this faster.

bump for an interesting thread. What biology courses do you already have? Just curious.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:bump for an interesting thread. What biology courses do you already have? Just curious.

Same Q: What biology courses have you taken? And what are your two final courses for Biology at Study.com?
If my guess is correct, it's Bio 102 (TESU BIO 241 Human Genetics) and Bio 106 (TESU BIO 316 Pathophysiology)
I'm doing the same ASNSM in Biology and those are my final two courses for that associates degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just an FYI, you can replace the Business in Society TECEP with Study.com's Global Management course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ideas Wrote:CIS electives (12 cr):

I've completed TEEX Cyber Security for Everyone (2 LL credits). FREE ELECTIVE, not CIS

Choose from these:
DSST Management Information Systems (UL) - Comes in as CIS-301, replace with Saylor course
TECEP Network Technology (UL) - Comes in as CMP-354, replace with Saylor course
DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (3 UL credits) Comes in as CIS-344
TEEX Cybersecurity for IT Professionals (2 UL credits and free, but duplicates DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity) Comes in as CIS-344, don't use

* Saylor CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I (NCCRS approved) Comes in as COS-101
* Saylor CS102: Introduction to Computer Science II (ACE approved) Comes in as CIS-103
* Saylor BUS302: Management Information Systems (ACE approved) Comes in as CIS-201
* Saylor BUS303: Strategic Information Technology (ACE approved) Comes in as CIS-301
* Saylor CS302: Software Engineering (ACE approved) Comes in as CIS-351
* Saylor CS402: Computer Communications and Networks (ACE approved) Comes in as CIS-344
* StraighterLine Information Technology Fundamentals Comes in as CIS-107

If you're going strictly for lowest cost for the CIS AOS, I would do:
Saylor - Software Engineering
Saylor - Computer Communications and Networks
Saylor - Strategic Information Technology
Saylor - Intro to Comp Sci I or II, or Management Information Systems (BUS302)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • slmartin
icampy Wrote:bump for an interesting thread. What biology courses do you already have? Just curious.

I have just the AP Biology which gives 8 credits. Well, I hope it gives 8 credits! I guess I was assuming TESU would follow the ACE rec. I know they sometimes do not.

bjcheung77 Wrote:And what are your two final courses for Biology at Study.com?

I'm not sure, because I haven't had an evaluation at TESU, but I think that I'd choose 8 credits from:

Microbiology (3)
A&P (3)
Pathophysiology (3)
Genetics (3) - probably an option for me

I have done serious courses in A&P (w/lab), Microbiology (w/lab), and Genetics before but have no credit for them. Also I "should" have credit for other biology work, but don't. (PLA seems just as hard and expensive as doing the study.com courses, and I'd be nervous about getting denied. I feel like PLA reviewers expect even more knowledge than a college course!)

I think Genetics might be the hardest for me, LOL. I'm probably going to do Genetics if it's an option, because I may be doing a Health Sciences degree at Excelsior down the road, and Excelsior gives me duplicate credit for A&P and Pathophys for a certification, I believe. (I really want to, but time and money might prohibit it.) I feel the least motivated to take Microbiology, but it can't be that bad.

bjcheung77 Wrote:I'm doing the same ASNSM in Biology and those are my final two courses for that associates degree.

Smile Cool that you're getting the BSBA-CIS or BSBA-GM too. You have a lot planned.

Oh, I looked again and I may be missing an Information Literacy credit too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,582 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore