Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU academic evaluation
My evaluation has just come in, and I want to share it with those who need it. Sophia.org is the best bang for the bucks alternative credits. I've just done with Eng comp II for the written communication requirements. I'm taking ACTFL tests and TEEX Death Investigation for the 15 upper-level units. Then, I only have capstone and cornerstone left. I think I might just bite the bullet and pay the residency waiver to graduate (if I can get through the capstone, I'm usually very anxious for a big test or paper). Do I need to pay the waiver as soon as I start the capstone? or I can pay it together with my graduation fee. I can't believe that I will get this close to finishing college. I thought I'd never make it. A big thank you to everyone in our forum for your recommendations and experiences.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_1.png (Size: 154.64 KB / Downloads: 74)
.png   Screenshot_2.png (Size: 157.12 KB / Downloads: 64)
.png   Screenshot_3.png (Size: 143.62 KB / Downloads: 62)
.pdf   TESU academic evaluation.pdf (Size: 470.42 KB / Downloads: 90)
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
[-] The following 1 user Likes park0902's post:
  • Dorothy44
(07-20-2021, 03:03 PM)park0902 Wrote: My evaluation has just come in, and I want to share it with those who need it. Sophia.org is the best bang for the bucks alternative credits. I've just done with Eng comp II for the written communication requirements. I'm taking ACTFL tests and TEEX Death Investigation for the 15 upper-level units. Then, I only have capstone and cornerstone left. I think I might just bite the bullet and pay the residency waiver to graduate (if I can get through the capstone, I'm usually very anxious for a big test or paper). Do I need to pay the waiver as soon as I start the capstone? or I can pay it together with my graduation fee. I can't believe that I will get this close to finishing college. I thought I'd never make it. A big thank you to everyone in our forum for your recommendations and experiences.

As someone who just started this journey (I just got enrolled into TESU and my transcripts are being reviewed) last week, this is really inspiring! I don't know the answer to your question but I look forward to finding out as well. How long did it take you to work through those Sophia courses? Thanks for sharing!
[-] The following 2 users Like mahaganapati's post:
  • Dorothy44, park0902
Wait to pay the waiver until you submit your graduation application. You need to contact them separately to get a bill for your residency waiver. Good luck on completion!
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • Dorothy44, park0902
You can pay the waiver with the graduation fee, AFAIK. Congratulations on getting this far! I'm sure that you can complete the last little bit to finish the capstone. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • park0902
(07-20-2021, 03:12 PM)mahaganapati Wrote: As someone who just started this journey (I just got enrolled into TESU and my transcripts are being reviewed) last week, this is really inspiring! I don't know the answer to your question but I look forward to finding out as well. How long did it take you to work through those Sophia courses? Thanks for sharing!
I lost my job because of the pandemic so I'm able to work on them full time in just a month. Because I'm trying to save as much as I can. It was a long month. I skipped all leisure activities and focused on working on the classes except eating and sleeping time. I downloaded and read a bunch of the materials before I started paying for membership so I can save time later. Also, I skipped all the classes that have assignments as it would slow me down significantly. (I've heard from the forum that they grade slowly)
Yes, the TEEX Death Investigation and the ACTFL will be enough Upper Level credits required if you score high enough. I would get your TEEX done first and "brush up" on the language, then just go for it! Don't look back and be afraid of the capstone, it's just a "slightly harder" course with more writing. You can do this! You've got it in the big bag already! In regards to the residency waiver fee, you pay it last after you finish your courses. I would pay that when you pay for graduation OR after you've received email that you've hit all the requirements for graduation...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • park0902
Congratulations on earning your credits so quickly!

You have 96 credits, maybe you should think about starting the Capstone/Cornerstone in August?  Normally they require 100 credits though you can ask for a waiver and tell them you have 99 credits with the English 2 and more credits coming in August.

The reason I suggest this is because there are deadlines for getting your degree.  If you start the TESU course in August, you can submit for your degree on Nov 1st and have your degree by December 2021.  Otherwise, you have to wait till March of 2022.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • park0902
(07-20-2021, 04:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Congratulations on earning your credits so quickly!

You have 96 credits, maybe you should think about starting the Capstone in August?  Normally they require 100 credits though you can ask for a waiver and tell them you have 99 credits with the English 2 and more credits coming in August.

The reason I suggest this is because there are deadlines for getting your degree.  If you start the TESU course in August, you can submit for your degree on Nov 1st and have your degree by December 2021.  Otherwise, you have to wait till March of 2022.

Do you have to take SOS-110 or did they waive that requirement since you had an associate's degree?

Thank you so much! I didn't know about that. I don't know if I can transfer the credits in time because I'm still in applicant status, and my evaluations are capped at 2. I signed up for medical terminology TECEP but it won't start until August, so I can't do anything until then. I wish they'd waive the cornerstone because of my AA, unfortunately, I still have to take SOS-110.
(07-20-2021, 05:05 PM)park0902 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 04:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Congratulations on earning your credits so quickly!

You have 96 credits, maybe you should think about starting the Capstone in August?  Normally they require 100 credits though you can ask for a waiver and tell them you have 99 credits with the English 2 and more credits coming in August.

Do you have to take SOS-110 or did they waive that requirement since you had an associate's degree?

Thank you so much! I didn't know about that. I don't know if I can transfer the credits in time because I'm still in applicant status, and my evaluations are capped at 2. I signed up for medical terminology TECEP but it won't start until August, so I can't do anything until then. I wish they'd waive the cornerstone because of my AA, unfortunately, I still have to take SOS-110.

TESU should have given you a login so you can log into student services. This is where you sign up for courses.  Again you need a wavier to take the Capstone, I was under 100 credits, told them my situation and they granted me a wavier.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/on...t-services

Evaluations are capped at 2 if you only pay the application fee but this is groups of 2.  Meaning you can bring in ACE, RA credit, CLEP all at one time, this only counts as 1 total evaluation.  They are slow at doing evaluations so it may take several weeks to get one done. 

If you do end up taking the Capstone/Cornerstone in August, then you may as well drop the Medical Terminology before August and you should get a full refund.  Hey, $50 is $50 lol.

Also, be aware Amazon prime/Spotify is like 50% off when you are a student, Microsoft Office is free.

If you make under $60,000 a year, you may qualify for the Pell Grant.  (I think it goes by 2020 IRS reported income)  Taking 2 courses at TESU means you are a full-time student according to how the TESU terms are set up. (Pell Grant Award divided by 3 is what you get)  https://studentaid.gov/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • park0902
(07-20-2021, 05:30 PM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU should have given you a login so you can log into student services. This is where you sign up for courses.  Again you need a wavier to take the Capstone, I was under 100 credits, told them my situation and they granted me a wavier.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/on...t-services

Evaluations are capped at 2 if you only pay the application fee but this is groups of 2.  Meaning you can bring in ACE, RA credit, CLEP all at one time, this only counts as 1 total evaluation.  They are slow at doing evaluations so it may take several weeks to get one done. 

If you do end up taking the Capstone/Cornerstone in August, then you may as well drop the Medical Terminology before August and you should get a full refund.  Hey, $50 is $50 lol.

Also, be aware Amazon prime/Spotify is like 50% off when you are a student, Microsoft Office is free.

If you make under $60,000 a year, you may qualify for the Pell Grant.  (I think it goes by 2020 IRS reported income)  Taking 2 courses at TESU means you are a full-time student according to how the TESU terms are set up. (Pell Grant Award divided by 3 is what you get)  https://studentaid.gov/
Thank you for your recommendation. Saw this on my evaluation so I don't know if it's possible to transfer more credits until my status is official: "07/20/21 You have received your second and final academic evaluation as an applicant. We encourage you to enroll in order to utilize academic advising to facilitate degree completion. If you have any questions regarding your academic evaluation, please call 609-777-5680." I still need some time to get everything ready, I think. I'll try to talk to my advisor to see what they can do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy