Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My voucher from Modern States is different...
I just received my CLEP voucher for American Lit this afternoon and noticed that something was different about it. It says (This CLEP voucher code is due to expire 6/29/2019. Please purchase your CLEP exam by 6/29/2019.)
My last voucher I got for the French exam did not have this expiration date. I actually never used it - could this be why?
The American Lit voucher number is 31295. Has anyone else gotten an expiration date on their vouchers? I'm scheduled to take the exam on July 2nd, so the expiration date shouldn't be a problem. 
(06-25-2019, 02:49 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: I just received my CLEP voucher for American Lit this afternoon and noticed that something was different about it. It says (This CLEP voucher code is due to expire 6/29/2019. Please purchase your CLEP exam by 6/29/2019.)
My last voucher I got for the French exam did not have this expiration date. I actually never used it - could this be why?
The American Lit voucher number is 31295. Has anyone else gotten an expiration date on their vouchers? I'm scheduled to take the exam on July 2nd, so the expiration date shouldn't be a problem. 

I've never noticed an expiration date on for the voucher code. Once you use the voucher code to purchase the CLEP registration, you have 6 months (I think) to redeem that registration. Is the expiration date on the voucher code Modern States gave you or the registration you received from the College Board?
(06-25-2019, 02:59 PM)alexf.1990 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 02:49 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: I just received my CLEP voucher for American Lit this afternoon and noticed that something was different about it. It says (This CLEP voucher code is due to expire 6/29/2019. Please purchase your CLEP exam by 6/29/2019.)

I've never noticed an expiration date on for the voucher code. Once you use the voucher code to purchase the CLEP registration, you have 6 months (I think) to redeem that registration. Is the expiration date on the voucher code Modern States gave you or the registration you received from the College Board?

The expiration date is on the voucher code I received from Modern States. I have not registered yet for the CLEP through College Board, which I guess I will be doing by the 29th. I also emailed Modern States asking them about it.
"I also emailed Modern States asking them about it."

Yes, please keep us posted on their response. I hope the timing works out for you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I hope it's just a thing where people weren't using them, and tracking for 6 months was problematic, so they decided to put an expiration date for scheduling the exam quickly. I think that makes sense.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
This is probably a good move, as they might be able to offer more vouchers if they're keeping tabs on who is actually taking them and recycling the ones that aren't being used
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • alab21
(06-25-2019, 04:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I hope it's just a thing where people weren't using them, and tracking for 6 months was problematic, so they decided to put an expiration date for scheduling the exam quickly. I think that makes sense.

This is my guess. Seems like previously people could just grab all the vouchers even if they don't know if they'll need the test since they didn't expire.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-25-2019, 05:18 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 04:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I hope it's just a thing where people weren't using them, and tracking for 6 months was problematic, so they decided to put an expiration date for scheduling the exam quickly.  I think that makes sense.

This is my guess. Seems like previously people could just grab all the vouchers even if they don't know if they'll need the test since they didn't expire.

That's a good thought. But come on, give a person more than 4 days....
(06-25-2019, 09:45 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 04:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I hope it's just a thing where people weren't using them, and tracking for 6 months was problematic, so they decided to put an expiration date for scheduling the exam quickly.  I think that makes sense.

Yeah, that seems a little short. But to be fair, there's no reason not to just go ahead and do it immediately. Of course, I could easily see somebody just not having the time during the four days immediately following the voucher being sent, which would be all sorts of frustrating for that person.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-25-2019, 09:45 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:

They give you 4 days to SCHEDULE the exam, and you can schedule months out (??) so I'm not sure why this is an issue?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 365 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 370 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 378 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,084 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free College Is Now a Reality in Nearly 30 States LevelUP 13 1,545 04-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 936 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  States refuse to fund higher ed? List from top to bottom Life Long Learning 13 1,727 10-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help - Modern States Question evsimoian 7 4,688 06-18-2020, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Giantzebra
  In-state tuition at NMJC through WUE (for residents of some Western states) wow 3 1,458 01-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Modern State web page down? jdfan14 2 1,196 09-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: jdfan14