Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMJC total fees
What is the total fees for one course in reality at NMJC?

I read this

Out-of-State Resident Tuition Maximum cost for fifteen (15) hours or more per semester: $1,050.00
Cost per hour for one through fifteen hours per semester: $70.00

Special Fees
General Usage Fee
$20.00 Per Credit Hour
Internet Course Fee
$40.00 Per Course

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
With those fees, it looks like it would be $310 for one 3-credit course. Solidly between TEL Learning and ASU EA. I'd rather choose TEL or ASU, when possible, at those rates.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-29-2020, 07:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With those fees, it looks like it would be $310 for one 3-credit course. Solidly between TEL Learning and ASU EA. I'd rather choose TEL or ASU, when possible, at those rates.

The other question is how many chance they give you if you fail an exam, TECEP is do or die, what about TEL Learning how many chances you get once you pay, are their courses open book like sophia?

In progress:
Completed:
Most college/uni courses are probably not going to be open-book. But ASU is essentially "open book" for everything but the final. Several ASU courses are structured in such a way that you can completely flunk the final and still pass the course with at least a C grade. If you are worried about not being able to pass, ASU's $25 down-payment and nothing further until you transcript the class is VERY attractive.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-29-2020, 07:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Most college/uni courses are probably not going to be open-book. But ASU is essentially "open book" for everything but the final. Several ASU courses are structured in such a way that you can completely flunk the final and still pass the course with at least a C grade. If you are worried about not being able to pass, ASU's $25 down-payment and nothing further until you transcript the class is VERY attractive.

How much cost the attractive??

In progress:
Completed:
ASU courses are $425 total. But, if you don't pass or you decide you don't want the course after all, you only pay the $25. It doesn't show up on your ASU transcript AT ALL unless you pay the $400 transcription fee.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-29-2020, 08:15 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ASU courses are $425 total. But, if you don't pass or you decide you don't want the course after all, you only pay the $25. It doesn't show up on your ASU transcript AT ALL unless you pay the $400 transcription fee.

A couple of months ago the price was lowered to $100, no one was imagining that TESU was going to change the maximum credit transfer.

In progress:
Completed:
Yeah, I got 19 ASU credits through that offer. And I'm glad I did. It means I can mostly ignore TESU's policy change but I do feel bad for everyone who is now scrambling to deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-29-2020, 08:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, I got 19 ASU credits through that offer. And I'm glad I did. It means I can mostly ignore TESU's policy change but I do feel bad for everyone who is now scrambling to deal with it.

Same thing here, I got 15 credits out of the ASU offer and am happy I did. I'm still going to continue doing a few specific classes that I particularly need at ASU. Even at $425, it's still one of the best and cheapest ways out there to acquire graded RA credits. The pay-after-you-pass system is a fantastic feature that can't be found anywhere else.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-29-2020, 08:49 AM)jch Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 08:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, I got 19 ASU credits through that offer. And I'm glad I did. It means I can mostly ignore TESU's policy change but I do feel bad for everyone who is now scrambling to deal with it.

Same thing here, I got 15 credits out of the ASU offer and am happy I did. I'm still going to continue doing a few specific classes that I particularly need at ASU. Even at $425, it's still one of the best and cheapest ways out there to acquire graded RA credits. The pay-after-you-pass system is a fantastic feature that can't be found anywhere else.

Well why you not continue the whole degree at ASU and you pay after you acquire 120 credits and let us know how much you pay for it....

In progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daemen & Total Testing Alpha 6 904 02-16-2022, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  In-state tuition at NMJC through WUE (for residents of some Western states) wow 3 1,492 01-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Sophia, 3 free courses total? pws 1 1,208 11-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  $140 total for 20 credits of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is a slam dunk Life Long Learning 6 2,502 05-14-2018, 10:18 AM
  What Was Your TOTAL DEGREE COST? lprstn 16 4,025 05-12-2018, 02:05 PM
  NMJC vs UNE Science Prereqs? Cheeseburrito 28 7,853 02-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Zetineb
  NMJC and Luna questions Tennesseegirl87 14 3,308 08-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  NMJC proctoring homeschoolmom1 2 1,639 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Total cost of a Psycology degree? Kev 38 4,105 05-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: frostedfire
  Have we already talked about the $3 increase in TECEPs? New Tuition/Fees MD_AJIBULU 3 1,477 04-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: diminutive