Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Subject Specific Forums, or...
Hello, everyone. This is my first day on this site and I can see it has great potential with tons of good feedback from its members. I do have a suggestion to help us all out (maybe it's just me being unfamiliar with the sites tools).

In searching for information on a specific subject, I am finding I don't actually get the search results I need due to most everyone including all the subjects they have tested on in their signature blocks. This virtually makes the search function useless. So, which is more likely, subject specific forums or everyone deleting subjects out of their signature blocks? I'm guessing subject specific forums.

Or, the search function needs to only search the message/title content minus the sig blocks. Is that possible?

Anyway, thanks for having me. Off I go to search through 500 posts in hopes that I might find what I'm looking for.

cheersmate
Sideburns Wrote:Hello, everyone. This is my first day on this site and I can see it has great potential with tons of good feedback from its members. I do have a suggestion to help us all out (maybe it's just me being unfamiliar with the sites tools).

In searching for information on a specific subject, I am finding I don't actually get the search results I need due to most everyone including all the subjects they have tested on in their signature blocks. This virtually makes the search function useless. So, which is more likely, subject specific forums or everyone deleting subjects out of their signature blocks? I'm guessing subject specific forums.

Or, the search function needs to only search the message/title content minus the sig blocks. Is that possible?

Anyway, thanks for having me. Off I go to search through 500 posts in hopes that I might find what I'm looking for.

cheersmate
If you use the Search Forums function, that doesn't seem to pick up the Sigs. And there are Test Specific forums, but those are only available with Instantcert Memberships...
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Sideburns Wrote:Or, the search function needs to only search the message/title content minus the sig blocks. Is that possible?

Already does.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I had a little trouble at first, so try to give help with directions. Once you have paid for membership, you not only have access to the IC study cards but you then have access to Exam Specific Forum. After you sign in the first time, you will see a list of forums. To the right is a second place to sign in with the same information and when you do, you will see another forum added to the bottom of the list -- the Exam Specific Forum. When there, you will see a second search capability for just that forum. Put in the subject you are interested in and start reading. This information is equally as important for test preparation, as those who have gone before have shared information on where to spend additional time directing your efforts.

Welcome to IC.
Also in the Advanced Search try choosing "posts" instead of "threads", so you can read of preview of the posts on the results page.

The search terms will be highlighted in red when you read the post.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Ahhhh, I see. Gotta pay to play! Thank you all for your quick feedback and guidance. Looks like I'll be trying out the membership. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Have a great day everyone.
$20 per month is well worth its weight in gold.
Also welcome...a plethora of information awaits youConfusedeeya:
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Tasman Wrote:$20 per month is well worth its weight in gold.
Also welcome...a plethora of information awaits youConfusedeeya:

Would you say that we have a plethora of pinatas?
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Tasman Wrote:$20 per month is well worth its weight in gold.

Haha this made me laugh :]
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why Do People Get So Crazy on Political Forums, According to AI? LevelUP 3 770 11-04-2022, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Kire
  Specific college discussion request: WGU MNomadic 2 834 05-26-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,598 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,066 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Specific Exam Feedback Access sonyidgt 0 899 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: sonyidgt
  Stealth Mode (In The Forums) bjcheung77 8 1,208 06-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can't see specific exam feedback section rawlingspl94 1 1,033 04-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  What is the last academic subject you would want to study? sanantone 16 3,075 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  Why can't I see Specific Exam Feedback section? gnpine 2 1,069 10-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Last Post: sgloer
  Suggestion More Forums... ChrisM 5 2,685 03-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Last Post: libartsmgr