Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New General Education Requirements Effective July 1
This looks like a win for people that are transferring in a bunch of RA credit.  The BSBA only had 6cr of free electives.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
This seems to be a net positive - fewer GE, more Free Electives. This is a definite win for the BSBA (which would have been improved by having the Econ courses as required GE's instead of the business core, which is how it was in an older catalog).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The fact that it's July 1, and that they knew they were going to be doing this in advance, yet do not have degree plans changed yet - typical TESU. OMG, how hard can it be to have new degree plans up and running today!?! Seriously, I could have done it for them in a couple of hours. Sigh...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, samiam
(07-01-2021, 11:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The fact that it's July 1, and that they knew they were going to be doing this in advance, yet do not have degree plans changed yet - typical TESU.  OMG, how hard can it be to have new degree plans up and running today!?!  Seriously, I could have done it for them in a couple of hours. Sigh...

Maybe you mean different things that I'm looking at.  I started seeing the new degree plans last night (June 30) in the catalog.   oh wait, I'm still getting the old version from a different tab (Academics).   But the new catalog is up with those plans.

I'm seeing the new requirements for BALS with the new middle of the page tab called "Credit Distribution"

https://iq3prod1.smartcatalogiq.com/Cata...al-Studies

I'm still wondering on the Knowledge of Human Cultures if the first three listed (Marriage and Family, American History, and American Cinema) are MUST or just strongly suggested (meaning other stuff will be accepted from the Knowledge of Human Cultures section)

PS: yes it is frustrating that not all of the links are going to the new as of July 1 2021 stuff.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

At the top of the page it says

TESU Wrote:TESU Featured Courses are listed as a guide. Other courses may satisfy the areas and can be viewed on our website under General Education Courses. For more information see About Our General Education Program. To plan your program please contact an Advisor.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(07-01-2021, 11:51 AM)Flelm Wrote: At the top of the page it says

TESU Wrote:TESU Featured Courses are listed as a guide. Other courses may satisfy the areas and can be viewed on our website under General Education Courses.  For more information see About Our General Education Program.  To plan your program please contact an Advisor.

I've seen that info and that's definitely how it was under previous catalog.  Made it easy to transfer stuff in.

What I'm not as clear on is: I've seen how they list and separate out 2 sections in the BALS Knowledge of Human Cultures.  The first three courses (9 credits) seem to be "must" and then the other 2 courses (6 other credits) can be from the ones listed or from "other courses that may satisfy the areas".   Did that change so that certain things are required and others are pick whatever you want from the bigger list and/or other transfer.  Or is it still basically:  you need 15 in this category, pick 'em yourself.

edit: ah ha.. .with reading LevelUp's post about the 4 sub sections, I get it now. thanks Smile
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Things are kind of weird now.

So looking at BSBA the A. Intellectual and Practical Skills & B. Civic and Global Learning are exactly the same

Section C is now called KNOWLDG HUMAN CULTRS 15cr Required with 4 sub sections:
1. Social Sciences 3cr (Psychology, micro/macro econ doesn't fit strange) (they suggest AOJ-102 Introduction to Criminal Justice; SOS-110 Self Assessment & Career Exploration) (from the email history doesn't fit here either)
2. History 3cr (they suggest HIS-114 American History II; HIS-113 American History I; HIS-210 Civil Rights Movement)
3. Humanities 3cr
4. Social Sciences, History and/or Humanities 6cr (mix bag of everything)

Section D is now called SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE 6CR Required
Natural Sciences and Computer Science accepted

Professional Business Requirements 42 cr now  +6cr added
added  Quantv Skills, Statistics
(looks like you MUST take CMS Learn AND Stats now) + still College Algebra or whatever GE Quantv Skills that fits.

AOS 18cr required same as before

Free electives only 15cr total

If someone could see what fits in Social Sciences, I would be curious to know what works.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
@p226mem, post #8 has got your answer. If you refer to that link, it shows you almost all the options available to select from.
Essentially, TESU is just moving courses around and making it slightly easier to take more courses that the student wants to take, giving the student about 15 more free elective credits to select from compared to the previous catalog year.

The AOS and other degree requirements for that AOS hasn't changed at all, it's just the General Education/Free Electives has changed for the better it seems... With the current changes, anyone can get a BA with double AOS (selective concentrations that are 30cr) now without going over 120 credits! Seems better on paper, let's see how it pans out...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My "What if" for BA Technical Studies  shows I need more credit than if I stayed with my 2017 catalog year.

I have 88 now.... 

76 if switched catalog year 21-22
I do apologize to hijack the post, for Bachelor with 2 AOS. Requirement of 18 UL credits, does it mean i have to have 18 UL cr in total ( AOS1+AOS2 ) Or must i have 18 UL credits for each AOS ?
Thank u

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 870 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Elective requirements Kones 7 511 10-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 3,000 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,156 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 801 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 732 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 801 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,790 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Claiming education expenses on income tax ARhead 10 1,115 03-16-2023, 02:39 PM
  RA Credit Requirements for a Second Degree OUStudent 4 828 12-27-2022, 04:42 AM
Last Post: rachel83az