Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New General Education Requirements Effective July 1
Quick Tip for Doing Academic Evaluation PDF's Using Chrome Browser.

1. Get Fireshot Chrome browser extension.  (optional)
2. Press F12, edit HTML to remove your name/email.
3. Print save as pdf (capture the entire page if using Fireshot)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • AllThose299s, Pikachu, rachel83az
(07-01-2021, 01:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: My Psychology course came in as PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology.  It didn't work for Social Sciences.

Are you saying when you ran the academic evaluation it worked for you?  What is the course name/number?

I didn't run an eval. I can't since graduating.

I'm saying that Psychology 101 is still listed in Social Sciences knowledge of human cultures category on the website for current July 2021 stuff. Therefore it should be counted in that category.  I'm not saying it will be listed as a SOS or SOC prefix.

What category did Psy 101 get listed as for your eval?

PS: I see on rachel's eval, her Psy 101 was "below the line" and not put in Gen Ed KHC SS category. that is confusing.... if you do the TEEX BPT course like she suggested, it's not as quick and simple as other TEEX stuff. still doable, but...
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(07-01-2021, 02:00 PM)P226mem Wrote: What category did Psy 101 get listed as for your eval?
It was listed on "other courses" outside my degree same rachel83az's degree.

(07-01-2021, 01:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 01:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: My Psychology course came in as PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology.  It didn't work for Social Sciences.

Are you saying when you ran the academic evaluation it worked for you?  What is the course name/number?

It looks like the easiest & cheapest way to fill the requirement is going to be to take one of the TEEX courses. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/j...r#Cultures Basic Property Technician is only $45 and should fit. I think.

I noticed your Psychology didn't fit either as shown on the evaluation pdf you uploaded. And history didn't work either but they said it wouldn't in the email.  btw I took my Psychology at onlinedegree, I think you did at Sophia though doesn't matter since they both came in the exact course name/number. 

Strange I wonder what up with that section.  I don't know if I would trust a TEEX course to work until someone else verified it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
It doesn't say so outright, but it looks like they're looking for at least a 200-level class for Social Sciences, not Psych 101.

The oral communication requirement has been dropped, which is nice. Also, no more American Government.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-01-2021, 02:10 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Strange I wonder what up with that section.

Well, I'm hoping it's an error that they can fix that allows the Psych course. instead of the 200 level thing mentioned. sigh.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(07-01-2021, 02:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It doesn't say so outright, but it looks like they're looking for at least a 200-level class for Social Sciences, not Psych 101.

The oral communication requirement has been dropped, which is nice. Also, no more American Government.

Well, it did say that the Featured Course(s): AOJ-102 Introduction to Criminal Justice; SOS-110 Self Assessment & Career Exploration would work?

btw that looks like TESU has a typo, that should be SOS-150: Self Assessment and Career Exploration, not SOS-110

Macro or Microeconomics don't work either.

Wait a minute, featured course change based on your degree plan BA CS they say:
Featured Course(s): SOC-210 Marriage and Family; SOC-291 Criminology (Zero Textbook Cost)
(07-01-2021, 02:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It doesn't say so outright, but it looks like they're looking for at least a 200-level class for Social Sciences, not Psych 101.

I think I need a nap or at least a step away from the screen. When I look at your 2022 eval with BSBA the oral comm is still required. and so is a place for Civics engagement... (amer govt)

and what LevelUp said with other 100s are allowed and typos. 

sounds like after the holiday, emails to advisors and registrar to fix stuff.  

best wishes to all y'all navigating it.

(07-01-2021, 02:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Well, it did say that the Featured Course(s): AOJ-102 Introduction to Criminal Justice; SOS-110 Self Assessment & Career Exploration would work?

btw that looks like TESU has a typo, that should be SOS-150: Self Assessment and Career Exploration, not SOS-110

Macro or Microeconomics don't work either.

Oh, you're right. It's actually different on different degrees!

For the BSBA CIS, it does indeed say "Featured Course(s): AOJ-102 Introduction to Criminal Justice; SOS-110 Self Assessment & Career Exploration"

On the ASBA, it's Social Sciences and/or Humanities. My slots are filled there.

BA Comp Sci, ASNSM Comp Sci & Math say "Featured Course(s): SOC-210 Marriage and Family; SOC-291 Criminology"

The Bachelor's do have American Government and Oral Communication but the Associates do not. 

This is going to be such a PITA for anyone who wants to switch degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • P226mem
(07-01-2021, 02:27 PM)P226mem Wrote:

I think I need a nap or at least a step away from the screen. When I look at your 2022 eval with BSBA the oral comm is still required. and so is a place for Civics engagement... (amer govt)

and what LevelUp said with other 100s are allowed and typos. 

sounds like after the holiday, emails to advisors and registrar to fix stuff.  

best wishes to all y'all navigating it.

Maybe it's a glitch or maybe rachel83az is right it needs to be 200+.

Or when they say "Featured Course(s)" they really want something specific.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • P226mem
(07-01-2021, 02:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Macro or Microeconomics don't work either.

Wait a minute, featured course change based on your degree plan BA CS they say:
Featured Course(s): SOC-210 Marriage and Family; SOC-291 Criminology (Zero Textbook Cost)

Aren't macro and micro in the Professional Business Requirements?

yep, I noticed the featured courses changed with degrees in the catalog like that too.   and with long holiday weekend, few answers from officials.

I'm getting that  nap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 884 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Elective requirements Kones 7 518 10-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 3,020 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,168 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 807 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 738 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 812 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,799 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Claiming education expenses on income tax ARhead 10 1,126 03-16-2023, 02:39 PM
  RA Credit Requirements for a Second Degree OUStudent 4 832 12-27-2022, 04:42 AM
Last Post: rachel83az