Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New General Education Requirements Effective July 1
(07-01-2021, 12:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @p226mem, post #8 has got your answer.  If you refer to that link, it shows you almost all the options available to select from. 

sorta. Post 17 has my answer.  Knowledge of Human Culture requirements have 4 subsections now to meet (one each from Humanities, History, and Social Sciences, and then subsection 4 is "2 of any mix of those".  
Now it makes sense what TESU was saying about History is not part of Social Sciences any more but still 'history" and now "humanities".
post 8 just shows all possible.  but when I click it's not showing the the subsections.

thanks though.  I got it from Level Up's post in #17. I just wasn't seeing the 9 plus 6 as the sectional split with category names. Figured it was something very captain obvious like that.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Cofffeee Wrote:I do apologize to hijack the post, for Bachelor with 2 AOS. Requirement of 18 UL credits, does it mean i have to have 18 UL cr in total ( AOS1+AOS2 ) Or must i have 18 UL credits for each AOS ?
Thank u

For the BA, it's going to be 15 UL in AOS1, 15 UL in AOS2, the capstone shared between the two is the last 3UL for both AOS.
For the BSBA, it'll be 12 UL for AOS1, 12 UL in AOS2, as the business capstone will be shared between the two AOS for final 3UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Got it. Thank u so much
(07-01-2021, 11:58 AM)P226mem Wrote: BALS Knowledge of Human Cultures.  The first three courses (9 credits) seem to be "must" and then the other 2 courses (6 other credits) can be from the ones listed or from "other courses that may satisfy the areas".   Did that change so that certain things are required and others are pick whatever you want from the bigger list and/or other transfer.  Or is it still basically:  you need 15 in this category, pick 'em yourself.

The first 9 are more specific.  Social science I have no idea what works there, not history, not Psychology.

Heads up the BA Computer Science changed too.

Now AOS is 42 credits required from 39  (they added 6 more required, moved the Capstone to its own section)
They added a new section called:
Add'l AOS Elect 6 credits required
For this section, they take anything in Natural Sciences, Math and/or Computer Sciences.  The Sophia Environmental Science worked there.

Total of 30 Free electives you have now.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-01-2021, 12:49 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I do apologize to hijack the post, for Bachelor with 2 AOS. Requirement of 18 UL credits, does it mean i have to have 18 UL cr in total ( AOS1+AOS2 ) Or must i have 18 UL credits for each AOS ?
Thank u

Each.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Thank u all
Liberal Studies AOS went from 30cr to 42 cr required and the Capstone can't be included in the total.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-01-2021, 01:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Liberal Studies AOS went from 30cr to 42 cr required and the Capstone can't be included in the total.

I just looked at how my AOS worked out with it.  Basically everything that had been in the old E category of "Gen Ed Electives" should be able to go into those extra 12 credits (and the extra 3 in electives too).  Capstone was its own category already.  That change isn't that big of a change with 30 to 42. Just where they get put on eval.    

on the "social sciences" category you wrote: "The first 9 are more specific.  Social science I have no idea what works there, not history, not Psychology."

History does not.  But
Psych still does as far as I can see.  Psych courses are still in the Social Sciences part of current Gen Ed courses along with the ones you listed on the BSBA.

edit: from the What if evals though... not sure psych does, or if there's a glitch. sigh
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(07-01-2021, 01:25 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 01:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Liberal Studies AOS went from 30cr to 42 cr required and the Capstone can't be included in the total.

I just looked at how my AOS worked out with it.  Basically everything that had been in the old E category of "Gen Ed Electives" should be able to go into those extra 12 credits (and the extra 3 in electives too).  Capstone was its own category already.  That change isn't that big of a change with 30 to 42. Just where they get put on eval.    

on the "social sciences" category you wrote: "The first 9 are more specific.  Social science I have no idea what works there, not history, not Psychology."

History does not.  But
Psych still does as far as I can see.  Psych courses are still in the Social Sciences part of current Gen Ed courses along with the ones you listed on the BSBA.

My Psychology course came in as PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology.  It didn't work for Social Sciences.

Are you saying when you ran the academic evaluation it worked for you?  What is the course name/number?
BA CS seems to be the same: 87 credits completed for both.

BSBA CIS is better for the new catalog: 85 applied to my current catalog or 87 for 2022.

ASBA: 42 credits applied vs. 48 credits for 2022

ASNSM Comp Sci is the same for both.

ASNSM Math 42 vs. 48 credits for 2022.

(07-01-2021, 01:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: My Psychology course came in as PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology.  It didn't work for Social Sciences.

Are you saying when you ran the academic evaluation it worked for you?  What is the course name/number?

It looks like the easiest & cheapest way to fill the requirement is going to be to take one of the TEEX courses. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/j...r#Cultures Basic Property Technician is only $45 and should fit. I think.

Attached Files
.pdf   BSBA CIS - 2021.pdf (Size: 1.26 MB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   BSBA CIS - 2022.pdf (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 13)
.pdf   ASBA - 2021.pdf (Size: 1,000.98 KB / Downloads: 8)
.pdf   ASBA - 2022.pdf (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 9)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 774 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Elective requirements Kones 7 482 10-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 2,957 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,092 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 783 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 715 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 758 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,738 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Claiming education expenses on income tax ARhead 10 1,067 03-16-2023, 02:39 PM
  RA Credit Requirements for a Second Degree OUStudent 4 811 12-27-2022, 04:42 AM
Last Post: rachel83az