Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Saylor computer science courses ACE approved
Oops, wrong thread.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Great to hear some CS AOS is getting some love.
yb1 Wrote:Could be a good option for BSBA CIS Majors

First off you have MIS which chances are will come in at UL

Also https://learn.saylor.org/course/bus303 Strategic Information Technology

Both of these should come up at upper level

CS401 Computer communications and networking might come up as AOS for CIS

that is potentially 3 UL = 9 credits

This looks like a pretty sexy plan for anyone to use.

Mandatory (in the sense that you need a programming course, Pen Foster and CSU have courses) I choose Straighterline programming 4 credits LL

Mandatory CSU MIS 350 course System Analysis and Design 3 UL

Electives courses

Saylor MIS 3 UL ??????

Strategic Information Technology 3 UL????

Study.com Digital Marketing 3 UL

TEEX courses 6 Free

Cost for AOS

Study.com 200

Straighterline between 100-200 depending on coupons used

Saylor 25-75

Teex Free

CSU 250

I was told by TESU that the teex courses can't be used in the CIS area of study
Btaylor89 Wrote:I was told by TESU that the teex courses can't be used in the CIS area of study

That's odd, considering two of the three are in my AOS right now. If they're pulling another switch on me when I only need 4 classes I'm gonna be rather annoyed.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:That's odd, considering two of the three are in my AOS right now. If they're pulling another switch on me when I only need 4 classes I'm gonna be rather annoyed.

If they're already in your evaluation, you're good!
Nixi Wrote:If they're already in your evaluation, you're good!

No, the ethics course was already on my evaluation before they decided it duplicated and changed it. It's not a guarantee, unfortunately. If they change what they consider a transferred course, they can change where it goes in the evaluation.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:That's odd, considering two of the three are in my AOS right now. If they're pulling another switch on me when I only need 4 classes I'm gonna be rather annoyed.

I initially had my AOS as Accounting and CIS, and when I asked about the TEEX courses this is the response I got from the senior academic program advisor: "The TEEX courses will transfer in as two credits each, but none are appropriate for your area of study." This was just in December. I could have been given incorrect information though. Seems to happen quite often at TESU.
Got the answer on the new Saylor courses:

"I finally received an answer from the Dean's office. The Saylor Academy courses will transfer as follows:
Strategic Information Technology= CIS-301 Management Information Systems (this will replace the previously approved DSST exam by the same name)
Computer Communications & Networks= CAP-216 Introduction to Computer Networks (this option will not work in the CIS area of study)

I hope this answers your question.

Patty"

Note: I only asked about those two courses and how they would fit into my AOS for CIS
yb1 Wrote:...Computer Communications & Networks= CAP-216 Introduction to Computer Networks...

I wonder why they list that course as a prep for the CMP-354 TECEP (Open Course Option) but don't consider it equivalent as ACE credit? Bummer.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
Good to hear they keep moving forward, hopefully these courses won't be 20-30 hours longer than they need to be like others.
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,440 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 773 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 711 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,360 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 439 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,911 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,088 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 599 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer