Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Saylor computer science courses ACE approved
And the bad news about CS402: Computer Communications and Networks course is that it duplicates the TECEP. Bummer. It would be nice if they did not duplicate...oh well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So what does saylor's MIS and intro to CS 2 transfer as?

At least it's cheaper to get credit for the network cmp
dfrecore Wrote:I appreciate that this is from Patricia Certo - but I still want to hear it from someone higher up that the Computer Communications & Networks course is CMP-354, because someone else on here was told it was CAP-216, and could not be used in the CIS AOS.

That is certainly a big difference; between CAP and CMP, between UL and LL, and between being able to be used in the CIS AOS and not. Some clarification would be great.

I feel similar, but I'm also debating just taking the exam and seeing how it transfers in if I pass. I'm looking at trying to fill in an extra course since they'll probably pull my TEEX credits since they changed their equivalence, and I had been studying for the TECEP before they put the TEEX in my AOS.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
dfrecore Wrote:I appreciate that this is from Patricia Certo - but I still want to hear it from someone higher up that the Computer Communications & Networks course is CMP-354, because someone else on here was told it was CAP-216, and could not be used in the CIS AOS.

That is certainly a big difference; between CAP and CMP, between UL and LL, and between being able to be used in the CIS AOS and not. Some clarification would be great.

It was Patricia Certo who told me it was Cap-216 and that it could not be used in the CIS AOS.

"We have solved your issue

I finally received an answer from the Dean's office. The Saylor Academy courses will transfer as follows:
Strategic Information Technology= CIS-301 Management Information Systems (this will replace the previously approved DSST exam by the same name)
Computer Communications & Networks= CAP-216 Introduction to Computer Networks (this option will not work in the CIS area of study)

I hope this answers your question.

Patty"
yb1 Wrote:It was Patricia Certo who told me it was Cap-216 and that it could not be used in the CIS AOS.

"We have solved your issue

I finally received an answer from the Dean's office. The Saylor Academy courses will transfer as follows:
Strategic Information Technology= CIS-301 Management Information Systems (this will replace the previously approved DSST exam by the same name)
Computer Communications & Networks= CAP-216 Introduction to Computer Networks (this option will not work in the CIS area of study)

I hope this answers your question.

Patty"

HAHA!! See what I mean? They are nuts over there!!! What in the world can you do with this conflicting info???

The good news is that it's only a $25 gamble. The bad news is, we're dealing with morons at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's actually great news.you can study and take the Saylor class and take two different tests for 6 credits.regardless if applicable to AOS or not, pretty sweet to get 6 credits studying one subject.
Ok, I'm definitely going to contact the Dean. Anyone have suggestions/examples for how to word a challenge/clarification email?

And I didn't ask about about MIS or Intro to CS 2 as I assumed MIS would duplicate my MIS, and Intro to CS 2 would be LL. Then again, it is TESU...
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
I asked about Intro to CS 2 and Software Engineering in the beginning of February and never received a response.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Cs2 most likely is cis-102 or cos-103
Not sure if this will help with Saylor equivalency, but I transferred in Intro to Computers, CS I, and CS II from a Brick and Mortar and here is how they came through

Intro to Computers - CIS-102 Intro to Computer Info Systems
CS I - COS-102 Computer Science I
CS II - COS-103 Computer Science II
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,417 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 760 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 974 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 704 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,146 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 435 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,888 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,074 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 593 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer