Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science
First off, I must say this site is inspiring.  I've only been on here for a few weeks trying to understand my path to a degree. I've been researching a tesc associate degree computer science degree that I could later transfer to Western Governers University online.  Has anyone here got an idea of the roadmap I'd take for said associate in computer science at TESC? Has anyone done the same route to a computer science degree from WGU?  Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Nevada F.
I was in the same boat few months ago. For various reasons including laziness to chart out a degree plan, I decided to go with PennFoster AS in CIS. 

I started a spreadsheet based on someone else's sheet for BS in AST. It's not complete by any means, but gives the basic idea.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2017 ASAST in IT.xlsx (Size: 12.12 KB / Downloads: 20)
These two pages could help:

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/
https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
TESU is an expensive place to get an associate's, nor is there any real reason to. They charge the same residency fee they do for a bachelor's. If you just want to use alternative credit at WGU, you can simply transfer it directly in. If you really want an associate's, and you've got at least 12 units (thanks for the correction @quigongene) from RA colleges, look at the Pierpont threads for the BOG AAS.

The only way an associate's at TESU makes sense is if you are getting a bachelor's there as well and can get them both with one waiver fee.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-04-2018, 08:59 PM)davewill Wrote: and you've got at least 15 units from RA college

it's 12, not 15
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

You might want to take the associates at the nearest local or state community college, most of them can be completed online. Then transfer to WGU program. Most are not going to be block transfers, but it should transfer and get the majority of the general education credits done. Once you get an evaluation, see if you can complete courses elsewhere cheaply before you enroll to maximize the number of credits completed - in fact, see if your CC's associates can be "tweaked" to allow the maximum transfer.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I agree with DaveWill, why get an AA at TESU when you're already planning on going to WGU? I would never recommend this path, as it's not the best use of your time and money. Consider getting an AA from COSC or Patten if you MUST have one, but even then, I would just tell you to go ahead and plan out the WGU BS. It just makes the most sense.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Computer Concepts CIS-107 sambeaux 3 1,936 09-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,779 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,937 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627