Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie, need CLEP info
Hey there! I am very new to this board and also going back to college. I am attending AIU online for my BBA. I will be taking the CLEP for Analyzing Lit on Fri... been studying with Instacert and there is a LOT of info! Any helpful tips or hints? Thanks so much!
Mary,

Welcome! Good luck. If you do a quick search on "Analyzing Lit" you'll see that it is considered one of the um less challenging exams. Especially compared to the rest of the list you are going to try and knock out... Many (including my own brother) have taken this exam with NO study and scored very high. I looked at the study guide and only got about 40% of the answers correct. It seems to be either a you can do it or you can't exam. Not sure how AIU scores CLEPs but if it is a simple pass/fail you may put your study time to better use.

This is a test so you want to be prepared but there are a few spots that have practice tests. If you are scoring really well on them then go for it, take the six credits and move on.
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
Hi, I wish I could tell you about the Analyzing lit exam but it has been sooo long since I took it. In fact it was back when all CLEP's were pencil and paper. YUK! I do remember it being a fairly simple exam though. I noticed that you are doing Humanities next month......UGHHHHH I am planning on taking this exam tomorrow and am freaking out! I just took the collegeboard practice exam and just got around 50%. Think Im dusted!!!! Will let you know how it goes and Good Luck to your A/Lit!
maridee14 Wrote:Hey there! I am very new to this board and also going back to college. I am attending AIU online for my BBA. I will be taking the CLEP for Analyzing Lit on Fri... been studying with Instacert and there is a LOT of info! Any helpful tips or hints? Thanks so much!

[SIZE="4"]Welcome to the IC Group and good luck on your return to school. Just an IC tip, with just about any topic there is probably an already established thread or two listed already with some great information. Good Luck!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I don't see any flash card from IC on this test. Can someone please tell me where can I find test prep for it.

Thanks
Ray
Mary - I just took Analyzing Lit. I agree, it was not very hard at all (I got a 71) and to give you some perspective, I'm not a "literary" type person at all. Since Analyzing Lit is not on IC, use the Petersons practice exam and Collegeboard's guide to get a feel for the exam. Most say they did just find going in "cold" but it's helpful to get a sense of the types of passages and the questions asked about it.

Ray - I'll push a helpful thread back to the top that has a lot of links to really good resources that Snazz listed. It'll have NEWBIE in the title. You'll find the resources tremendously helpful. Not only for this one but for Social Science as well.

Good luck to you both!!! Big Grin
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
mrezas Wrote:I don't see any flash card from IC on this test. Can someone please tell me where can I find test prep for it.

Thanks
Ray

How about the REA book?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 504 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 844 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  RBA Degree Info? learningthehardway 17 2,359 05-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 627 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,636 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,266 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,234 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,135 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty