Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Testing Question
Hi Everyone,

I'm taking History 301 Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States. This is my first time taking a class with this Coopersmith and I'm wondering how their tests are laid out. Are they multiple-choice, essay, or both? Can I pass their tests by just studying their crash course, study guide, and practice questions? This is my last class for my TESU degree and any guidance is much appreciated. TYIA!  Smile
You should be able to pass just by studying the materials they give you. I don't know about this specific course, but they're usually multiple-choice exams with a handful of "essay" questions. The "essay" questions really just require 1-3 sentences with keywords proving you know the material. You don't need to actually write an entire essay or even a whole paragraph for most questions.

When you're done, please let us know exactly what course that this transfers to TESU as!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-10-2021, 12:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You should be able to pass just by studying the materials they give you. I don't know about this specific course, but they're usually multiple-choice exams with a handful of "essay" questions. The "essay" questions really just require 1-3 sentences with keywords proving you know the material. You don't need to actually write an entire essay or even a whole paragraph for most questions.

When you're done, please let us know exactly what course that this transfers to TESU as!

Thank you for that Info. So I made a bit of a mistake and assumed that the Capstone would count for UL History credits and it doesn't. I emailed them about this Coopersmith course because I had already taken all the other UL classes at Study.com that I could take. They replied by telling me that this class would fulfill my UL remaining History requirement.
Which UL credits did you take? It's my understanding that you need 18 UL credits. The capstone counts for 3, meaning you need 5 more UL courses. History 301, 306, 308, and 311 are all UL. Where it gets potentially iffy is Non-Western Civilization. There are UL and LL options that work. If you used a LL option there, that explains why you need the Coopersmith course.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(07-10-2021, 12:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Which UL credits did you take? It's my understanding that you need 18 UL credits. The capstone counts for 3, meaning you need 5 more UL courses. History 301, 306, 308, and 311 are all UL. Where it gets potentially iffy is Non-Western Civilization. There are UL and LL options that work. If you used a LL option there, that explains why you need the Coopersmith course.
Yes, you are correct, but the person I talked to explained it a bit confusing and told me that I had to take 15 UL units. I assumed that the Capstone would count towards my 15 UL units. They never told me that I needed 18 units, so I took Hist 379, Hist 354, Hist 351, Hist 450, and the Capstone. So, here I am taking another UL History course. I did check to see if any of the other Study.com courses could be taken as UL and was told no.
Ah, that's a shame. It's too bad that you were given incomplete information.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,033 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,225 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 1,887 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,361 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  Quantitative Analysis: CSM vs Coopersmith? SCYankee 6 520 03-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 593 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 526 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 714 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,143 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 757 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer