Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus
I am not including undergraduate and graduate certificates because creating the list would take too long. Let me know if I missed any programs that require less than a week on campus or if I included any programs that require more than a week on campus. 

Harvard (traditional)
Master of Public Health
Master of Public Health in Epidemiology
Master of Education in Education Leadership

Harvard Extension (on-campus requirement can be fulfilled with a weekend on campus)
Master of Liberal Arts in Extension Studies (typically, two to three courses need to meet the on-campus requirement)
Bioengineering and Nanotechnology
Biology
Biotechnology
Creative Writing and Literature
Cybersecurity
Data Science
Digital Media Design
Dramatic Arts
English
Finance
Global Development Practice
Government
History
Industrial-Organizational Psychology
Information Management Systems
International Relations
Journalism
Management
Mathematics for Teaching
Museum Studies
Psychology
Religion
Software Engineering
Sustainability
Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Extension Studies (four courses need to meet on-campus requirement)

Yale
None (Executive MPH requires 10 days on campus, and the Physician Assistant program requires three weeks on campus)

Columbia (traditional)
Master of Social Work
Master of Arts in Statistics
Master of Arts in Adult Learning & Leadership
Master of Arts in Computer in Education
Master of Arts in Developmental Disabilities
Master of Science in Diabetes Education & Management
Ed.D in Nursing Education
Ed.M in School Counseling
Master of Science
Applied Mathematics
Applied Physics
Biomedical Engineering
Industrial Engineering
Operations Research
Operations Research – Methods in Finance
Computer Science (Natural Language Processing; Foundations of Computer Science; Machine Learning; Network Systems; Software Systems; Vision, Graphics, Interaction, and Robotics; Computational Biology, and Computer Security)
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Earth and Environmental Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Doctor of Engineering
Earth and Environmental Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

Columbia School of Professional Studies
Master of Science
Applied Analytics
Bioethics
Enterprise Risk Management
Human Capital Management
Information and Knowledge Strategy
Insurance Management
Nonprofit Management
Wealth Management
Master of Professional Studies

Brown University
Master of Science in Cybersecurity

Dartmouth College
None (MPH requires 7 weeks on campus and MHCDS requires 25 days on campus)

University of Pennsylvania (traditional)
Master of Computer and Information Technology
Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice
Master of Science in Animal Welfare and Behavior
Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership
Master of Health Care Innovation
Doctorate in Clinical Social Work

University of Pennsylvania College of Liberal and Professional Studies
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
Master of Applied Positive Psychology (currently 100% online but normally requires five, three-day weekends on campus)

Cornell
Master’s
Engineering Management
Systems Engineering
Human Resource Management

Princeton
None
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 7 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, jsd, louise, mancheseter24, midnite123, MNomadic, Pikachu
Interesting list, but no one would ever consider composing such a list for any other athletics conference. I don’t understand the fascination with what, at the end of the day, is just an athletics grouping. Not the top 8 schools in the country, or anything, after all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Courcelles's post:
  • SteveFoerster
These are great programs, especially when some people can finish with a week or two weeks of going to campus. It would be a great "vacation" opportunity to see the city and surrounding areas if you've not been to that part of town or state. When my cash flow grows larger, I'll revisit this thread for possible programs of interest...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123
Will international students enrolled in the Harvard Extension program get visas for visiting?
msa145 Wrote:Will international students enrolled in the Harvard Extension program get visas for visiting?

Have you inquired or looked at the website for more details? It's hard to say, more digging into this is required.

BTW, where are you again? I forgot, how did you do on your CLEP retake here, did you get a text yet? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ook-please
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-10-2021, 08:25 AM)Courcelles Wrote: Interesting list, but no one would ever consider composing such a list for any other athletics conference. I don’t understand the fascination with what, at the end of the day, is just an athletics grouping. Not the top 8 schools in the country, or anything, after all.

What other athletics conference has universities that are consistently ranked among the best in the world and are extremely difficult to get into? The name originated with the athletics conference a long time ago, but it is now a nickname for a group of very old colleges that have developed a good reputation. It's why Ivy is now used in nicknames for prestigious public universities (Public Ivy), prestigious private universities that weren't a part of the Ivy League (Ivy Plus), and other groupings of renowned universities. The same logic can be applied to why we call all plastic wrap Saran Wrap and how we say we're going to Xerox something. Those are brands, not an action or type of product, but those brand names have become synonymous with what they're famous for. I believe the term for this phenomenon is genericization. 

You can disagree with whether they deserve their reputation, but the fact is that many people want to get into the Ivy League schools and their non-Ivy counterparts for networking purposes and high salary potential.

https://www.consumerreports.org/consumer...icization/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, mancheseter24, thecontrarian
(10-10-2021, 08:25 AM)Courcelles Wrote: Interesting list, but no one would ever consider composing such a list for any other athletics conference. I don’t understand the fascination with what, at the end of the day, is just an athletics grouping. Not the top 8 schools in the country, or anything, after all.

5 of them are in the Top 10.  All are in the Top 20 so I feel comfortable saying you're wrong.

"Ivy League schools are considered the most sought-after institutions of higher learning in the country and around the world. These eight private Northeastern schools are known for their highly selective admissions process, academic excellence and promising career opportunities for those who attend. The name recognition and social prestige don’t hurt either.

First grouped together by athletic conference, Ivy League schools have been known to churn out not only well-rounded student-athletes, but future presidents, Nobel Prize winners and other high-achieving graduates. The list of Ivy League schools includes some of the oldest institutions in education, with well-respected professors, ample research grants and generous financial aid resources. To make it to the halls of Harvard, Princeton, Columbia and the like, prospective students’ applications must be extraordinary."

Ivy League Schools | Best Colleges | US News
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • ss20ts
This is an interesting article about Harvard Extension.  It addresses some of the questions that commonly arise
How Far Will Harvard Extend? | Magazine | The Harvard Crimson (thecrimson.com)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • Pikachu
I considering the executive MPH at yale. I will apply next year
Here's a brand new one - MPH from Brown University
Brown launches online-only master’s degree in public health | Brown University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,146 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 208 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 598 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,610 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 351 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 367 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 374 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests