Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 250 quarter units and NO DEGREE
Update: I sent all my transcripts (minus an American Sign Language 2 course taken at the local community college). I have not received notice that my evaluation with TESU is complete, but I looked online and saw there was some information entered! I was super excited for about 2 seconds. LOL

The Biology degree leaves over 25 units remaining, but I checked what was entered against the Liberal Studies degree and it shows 9.33 units outstanding. The odd thing is only my UC Santa Barbara courses have been added to the eval.

Once they have reviewed all classes, I am hoping that 9.88 units drops dramatically to cover just the capstone.

Listed as outstanding:

English Composition I & II - I completed an upper division writing class at UCSB (Writing 109ST - Science/Technical). I am hoping they will accept it towards this requirement.

Oral Communication - Can the Sign Language course apply here? If not, maybe I can still take the Study.com Communications 120 class. I know there has been some discussion on if that class is still accepted. 

Information Literacy - I have a ton of Criminology courses from UC Riverside that are not showing on my eval at all. Hoping something fits here. TESU lists Criminology as one of the accepted courses of study. 

Ethics - I am reaching on this one, but actually worked on the team that drafted the ethics for the municipality that I work for. I wonder if there is a way to make that work. If not, I am planning to pushing through the Ethic class via TEEX on cyber ethics. 

Civic Engagement - I completed a course at UC Irvine titled "Framework for Strategic Leadership" in the Environmental Studies department. 

I would like to speak with an advisor about the certs and credits earned via my job, but I am not sure if I should hold tight until I receive notice that the evaluation of submitted coursework is complete. 

It has been over two weeks and I am biting my nails!
I would wait until the eval is complete, but I can tell you the following:

- Oral Comm probably will not be satisfied by ASL - they want a course where you do speeches. Probably out loud unless you're actually deaf, although I could be wrong

- Criminology will fulfill Info Lit

- Cyber Ethics won't fulfill Ethics (it's a very small portion of the cybersecurity course so not enough), but you can take a free Insurance Ethics course instead

- Civic Engagement is actually American Government, so the course you listed won't work

- Not sure about English Comp, they normally want English 101 and English 102, 3cr each, so a single course won't fulfill both for sure. I would wait on this one.

I would take all of these that you can, including a speech course (DSST, SL or Davar - or the Technical Comm TECEP).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For the ethics requirement, there is a free option that many of us have used. Free and non-proctored

The American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (commonly referred to as "The Institutes") offer a free ethics course that is ACE recommended for 2 credits.

• 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (2 credits) - an upper level ethics/philosophy course that meet's TESU's General Education "ethics" requirement (you might have to ask for an exception to be made for the last credit, but typically this is automatically granted. The 3rd credit is to be made up as a general ed elective).
To signup, use the following link: http://www.theinstitutes.org/comet/learning_modules/cpcu_ethics.htm
Select the FREE option. You should not do the $5 option. The paid option is for "Continuing Education credit," which is different than college credit. The free version is ACE approved for college credit
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks. I will start working on The Institute course today.
(01-23-2018, 10:06 PM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: Update: I sent all my transcripts (minus an American Sign Language 2 course taken at the local community college). ...

Do be aware that you will have to send that transcript before you can graduate. You might want to go ahead and send it now.

Quote:https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gr...mation.cfm

What are some things that can prevent me from graduating?
You have not met all of your degree requirements.
Carefully review your evaluation. Check that your evaluation says “0 S.H. “remaining. Your evaluation must say “0 S.H.” remaining before you can graduate.

All official transcripts and/or grades must be received before the deadline for graduation. If you have completed course work that is not appearing on your evaluation, you should request that your official transcript(s) be sent to the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible. Transcript and/or grades received after the graduation deadline could delay your graduation or even prevent it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I also just noticed I need a CAPstone and a CORNERstone. Is it required that I take the Cornerstone (TES-100 1 SH: Lifelong Learning Strategies) via TESU?
(01-24-2018, 01:37 PM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: I also just noticed I need a CAPstone and a CORNERstone. Is it required that I take the Cornerstone (TES-100 1 SH: Lifelong Learning Strategies) via TESU?

Nope, it's not required if you have taken a Study.com course for credit and transfer it in.
I wouldn't waste money on it as the course doesn't provide a GPA. It's $300 for 1 credit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-24-2018, 01:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 01:37 PM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: I also just noticed I need a CAPstone and a CORNERstone. Is it required that I take the Cornerstone (TES-100 1 SH: Lifelong Learning Strategies) via TESU?

Nope, it's not required if you have taken a Study.com course for credit and transfer it in.  
I wouldn't waste money on it as the course doesn't provide a GPA.  It's $300 for 1 credit.

They were also waiving it if you transferred in a certain number of credits (104?). However people around here have been going the Study.com route for so long, that it hasn't come up.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
- Oral Comm probably will not be satisfied by ASL - they want a course where you do speeches. Probably out loud unless you're actually deaf, although I could be wrong

Brigham Young University offers a speech correspondence course that can be completed very quickly. When I took it, I had to record all of my speeches on audio cassette and mail them in. With advances in technology, it might now be possible to record and submit audio files either via email or through an online portal.
I received an email suggesting I complete 16 units via the full tuition plan and aftering receiving the information below, I am guessing that is their plan for me :-(

I submitted the following request to have a few classes evaluated:

English Composition II 
  • Writing 109ST - Completed at UC Santa Barbara (syllabus attached); or  DENIED
  • C Lit 128 - Completed at UCSB as well (syllabus attached)  Not Mentioned in their Reply
Oral Communication
  • Study.com Communications 120 Syllabus Requested
Information Literacy
  • INT 1 Introduction to Library Resources  - Completed at UCSB;  Syllabus Requested although in the original eval for a Biology degree it was auto entered into this category)
  • PSY 105 Developmental Psychology - Completed at UCSB  Syllabus Requested
Ethics  Not Mentioned in their Reply
  • POLSC 401 Ethics & Public Policy - Via Saylor.com; or

• Ethics in America - Via DSST or

• Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct - Via The Institutes.org
TESU has interesting GE requirements compared to any other university I have attended. I never thought those categories would be where I would need additional classes. 

I am still waiting for a review from Charter Oak so I holding off on moving forward.

Attached Files
.pdf   Writing 109ST Syllabus.pdf (Size: 243.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
.pdf   c lit 128.pdf (Size: 131.24 KB / Downloads: 3)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,674 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,777 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,005 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,324 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero