Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwhelmed! Where should I start?
happydayruth Wrote:A BA in English is not quite as "test-out" friendly, just FYI. I chose it because it was what I really wanted to do. But unfortunately, it's just not possible to test out of as much of it as it is with many other degrees. If literature and/or writing is what you enjoy, then I think it can be a really fun degree. Take some time to think through your options and then figure out what you want. Best wishes!

It may get easier, with the new Shmoop courses that are coming! Depends on whether any of them are UL, but it still gets easier and cheaper that it was before.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello so I'm back! Got my transcript.

So I have...

Elementary Spanish I Concentration 3 cred
Survey of African American History 3 cred
United States History 1865 to Current 3 cred
Oral Communications/Research 3 cred
Writing with Research/Composition 3 cred
Introduction to Ethics 3 cred
Mathematics for Liberal Arts 3 cred

currently.

Not a lot I know,
But I would really appreciate any help that I can get.
bjcheung77 Wrote:You're still early in the game of deciding on a degree and school. My recommendation is to continue taking courses that will meet the general education and professional requirements for the degree you want. You can switch anytime without needing to take additional credits... The general education requirements are required at both COSC/TESU anyways. Finish those first and then decide on the BSBA or the other degree you have in mind.

+1, :coolgleam: As I mentioned, you are starting off, just concentrate on getting the general education credits first and then decide on your degree/area of study, you can also work on your electives and then decide. Have you read the Beginners Guide? There's the Wiki and Free/Cheap credits to work on first, such as the Math requirements, use ALEKS. Electives and free electives, you can use Shmoop.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Looking for Help with my TESU start Dacowta 1 895 02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Start of my Journey. oniflednitsua 5 1,298 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM
  NEWB - Overwhelmed looking for help HAYDENTREE77 26 5,434 01-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Literal First Step? BS@TESU I just need to start find myself procrastinating. David.Hamad 8 2,322 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Easy TECEPs to start with Al2010x 11 2,923 05-21-2017, 11:50 PM
  TESU: ready to start but I need HELP! ReeseP 13 1,881 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Not sure where to start... pmm 13 1,403 11-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Testing out toward a degree but don't know where to start ray_scanlon 32 2,563 08-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Start Your Summer with Sophia bjcheung77 0 501 06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77